April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm 41 with very oily T-zone, specially my nose. My pores are so big that my face looks a little bit textured. Said that, this foundation is medium coverage, you can build to a full coverage but if you have very dark spots you'll need a touch of concealer.

My oily skin is slightly dehydrated due to age, so I'm that kind of gal who is prone to skin flaking with oil on top. Yeah, it's not funny. This foundation needs to be applied fast, one section of the face at a time as it sets quickly, I use a stippling brush mostly but if I want more coverage I use a buffing brush. If you use a regular foundation brush you must moisturize very well, if not it will look cakey. With stippling or buffing brush it blends better but if you have dry patches you'll get flakes depending on how dry your skin is. The finish of the foundation after application is very matte and it clogs in the pores making them visible, I use my fingers to blend the big pore section on the sides of my nose.

Due to my age I would like if this would have a more natural finish, this would have been perfect when I was 30 when I had tons of oil all over the skin. Now my cheeks are more normal so this looks dry on them, as time goes by and oil comes through the cheeks look better but the first two hours they look like if I had put so much powder. The oily zones are other story. My nose is very oily so by the first hour I have shine on the sides, the foundation doesn't break though, which is good news but I need to blot as this doesn't control oil on me, I get oily as soon as with any other non-matte foundation, also, the coverage disappears after three or four hours and my nose looks naked so I need to reapply a little bit.

Now my biggest con with this: Color. I'm Hispanic (Mexican who lives in Mexico) and the shades are too pink. I'm very yellow and even if the shades neutralize a little bit of the yellow so I look less sick the difference of tones is evident in certain light. I tested different shades and all of them are pink toned, so if you have medium or dark-medium skin with very yellow undertones it will be hard to find a perfect match, you can get away with some shades but be ready to notice a pink face and a yellow neck under white light or under the sun light. This foundation doesn't oxidize on me and I love the pump.

Is a shame, I can use a heavy moisturize with this so help with the very matte finish but the color is the thing that doesn't make it work for me. I guess this will work great for oily young skin with pink undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by britbratg

Pretty good. Has great staying power. But it starts to dry on your skin as soon as you apply, so I have to work quickly. I have dry skin, and even after applying moisturizer, it'll make my skin look like it's peeling on some places, so I started using my fingers to blend and that's better. Good coverage, a little too matte in my opinion, but still a great foundation. A hint expensive ($10-$11) but probably Long lasting. And I love the pump that you can lock and also the cap to be sure it doesn't spill. Overall pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by ilyxdorkfaceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my goodness. I absolutely adore this foundation. I used to have horrible acne and I now have a lot of acne scars and this stuff hides it completely. Your able to add layers too on problem areas. This stuff does NOT break my skin out at all and I have very acne prone skin. This stuff is amazing seriously. And I do not understand why it has $$ signs. This stuff is super cheap. If you get it at ulta and use the 3.50 off 10 dollar purchase.. it's nothing then! Took me about three different tries to find the perfect color but I did! It DOES have lasting power. It's insane! I have used expensive brands that turn my face into a oil slick and this stuff does not at all! I LOVE IT! This stuff lasts way over 12hrs if need be. love love love! :D When I run out of this stuff and i am too lazy to go to the store I used old foundation and ick, makes me realize how amazing this stuff is. I have been probably using this stuff for 6 months or more. no issues at all! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by ellablue123

This foundation isnt perfect, but its my number one. i Have yet to find a foundation that fits my complexion perfectly and is long lasting.

Pros:
Goes on smoothly, doesn't accentuate dry spots
Medium to high coverage
"Buff" is a great yellow-based color, I am Asian, however it is the ONLY yellow-based color in this line of foundation for fair-medium yellow-toned people like myself!
-Stays dry without getting/feeling greasy

Cons:
-Most of the colors are pink, there are only a couple yellow-based ones, but even those still lean slightly pink GAH!!
-Wears off/rubs off and doesn't last all day/night
-I've heard it oxidizes but i never noticed it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by YumieLee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in LOVE with this foundation. I was never a fan of covergirl foundations or powders...but when I tried this I was absolutely amazed. I bought it from wal mart for about 9 dollars and it's so worth it for the price. I love the packaging-easy, clean, and efficient. The pump is perfect and mess free with easy application.

Coverage: IMPRESSIVE. This foundation covers EVERYTHING. Even with one thin layer of foundation all the imperfections are gone. I look absolutely flawless. My acne marks are completely invisible. It really does have the coverage of a concealer as it claims!
The color: I am an NC30. So I use the color "creamy natural" and it's perfect!
Long-wear: this foundation STAYS PUT. All day. Does not smudge or cake. It's perfect for me! Even with oily skin like mine. I have extremely oily skin and this foundation does not smudge, budge, or cake.

Over-all performance: amazing foundation for its price!! Can't go wrong with this. Has the performance of an expensive foundation. It also has SPF 20 which is definitely a plus! I will absolutely repurchase this. Seriously makes my skin so flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by xo20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Usually I'm a Cover Girl hater, but this is honestly my HG foundation. Perfect for my oily combo skin, and I'm in love with the soft powdery finish - not slick, greasy, or shiny once applied. The consistency is a medium thick cream which I personally like. I apply with a damp beauty blender which I think works very well, giving great coverage without caking too much on. Only advice: beware of the color selection. I was in CVS for 30 minutes debating on colors, no joke. Most cater to pink undertones sadly. I chose 857 Golden Tan which looks very dark and orange in the bottle. Once blended and set with a translucent powder, it matches perfectly with my yellow medium skin. Good luck ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by shuppet88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this foundation for over a year. I'm not sure why it took me so long to write up a review :P

To start off, here's my skin stats:
combo (dry in winter, slightly more oily in summer)
26 year old skin (no wrinkles yet thanks to years of sunscreen use)

I also have generally long school days. This is perfect for those as it really does last all day. I probably don't need to powder except around my t-zone, and on me it might look a bit dry if I put too much powder on other parts. Even though I typically have drier skin, I prefer satin-matte skin. I pamper my skin with lots of oils and shea butter so I give it that artificially oily skin type, and then top it off with matter foundations. I know it sounds odd, but I just don't like the dewy look generally :/ This also gives me the satin matte finish that I love! It's not powdery on its own; it's very skin like, but in a higher coverage kind of way.

Pros:
Decent price at grocery stores or on sale
Great medium coverage that is buildable
Rather decent shade selection (I'm golden tan 857/NC40-42)
Lasts all day
Skin like

Cons:
gives me a bit of flashback in pictures
pump gets messy inside the cap

It's nigh perfect, coming from the drugstore! I'd say it's very similar to Dior Forever, except at a fraction of the cost. Those two are my favorites, and they're just so darn similar.

People were always raving about this, ever since it came out. For some reason, I thought it was just a fluke; I was very wrong. I do think that it's a great option for teens or anyone on a budget. If you are skeptical, just keep your receipt! At least here in the States, you can return to most stores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4
Price: 2 (~$12/30 mL)
Packaging: 4
Buy again: yes

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought this because I saw ItsJudyTime did a first impressions video on it on youtube. I have the shade 925 Buff Beige. I am Chinese with a light to medium warm-olive undertone and freckles on my cheeks. I am oily skinned, prone to breakouts.

I had a hard time finding a shade in the store - I kind of just picked whatever might've looked like it would work for me and I lucked out with this one. It's a a warm beige shade that just errs on the side of being a little too pink for my very yellow skin but you can't really tell once it's on my face, as I think it helps to balance out the very yellow tones in my skin. This foundation promises to have the lasting power of primer, coverage of a concealer and blendability of a foundation in one, shine-free.

Coverage:
I personally like light-medium coverage. I don't like full coverage foundations as I find they often look cakey and mask-like, and don't look like skin. This foundation has light-medium buildable coverage. I have some left over marks from past acne, and this helps to minimize them without looking heavy. If I have particularly dark marks, I will need to go in with separate concealer on top, otherwise this foundation does fine on lighter marks by itself.

Feel:
I don't like thick foundations - in fact, for the last 6-7 years, I've pretty much ONLY worn powder foundations, so liquid foundations in general feel heavy to me. This one is actually pretty good. It doesn't feel thick or heavy on my oily skin. I don't use a primer with this, I just apply with a sponge (either the beauty blender or the plain white triangle sponges) on top of moisturized skin and pat to blend. When it has set, it does not feel like a mask is on my face, even with a few layers on. And like I mentioned, despite the slight pinkish tone in the foundation, it is forgiving and blends on my very yellow skin just fine without looking strange.

Longevity:
I've tried this for a few different things: a night out with friends, clubbing for Halloween, and work. It is great for probably about 6 hours - it stays true to colour (I didn't turn orange), doesn't break up or smear or fade. When I tried to wear it for work, it didn't exactly last. Granted, I work 12 hour shifts in a hospital where I am constantly running around in the emergency department... so perhaps not a fair test. I find at the 8 hour mark the foundation starts to fade and my oil starts to really break through the foundation. BUT, as I said, for 6-8 hour wear, if you work in a calm environment where you don't have to sweat or run around, it'll be perfect and look great all day long. (And yes, I do powder my foundation to set it after I've applied it).

Packaging:
One the the great pluses of this product over other drugstore foundations is the fact that it comes in glass bottle with a pump! So many times drugstore foundations get the short end of the stick with crappy packaging with a giant hole in the top of a bottle which makes it hard to control the amount of product coming out. Thank you CoverGirl for giving us a pump.

Other:
I have very breakout-prone skin, and this doesn't break me out. I don't wear it daily, maybe like 1-3x/week, and I always cleanse my skin at night before I go to sleep. I appreciate the sunscreen in the formula, especially as the weather starts to warm up and the sun is coming back. It photographs well in flash photography because the active sunscreen is ensulizole, not zinc oxide or titanium dioxide.

All in all, I think this is a pretty good foundation for the price, and is one of the better drugstore foundations. Now, if they would only make more yellow-toned shades...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by netssaving4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because a beauty guru on YouTube stated it was pretty good. So cheap couponing me decided to give it a go (had a coupon). Smell was ok, consistency not so go more on the runny side. After applying the foundation it made my face look on the lighter side (maybe I bought the wrong color). 3 hours had pass and my face just looked the same with a shine to it. I would not recommend this product to anyone. I wanted to like it but I guess this is not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Meggs88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This starts out as a pretty good foundation, I like the coverage and that it's build-able with no odor that I noticed. It does seem that it would be drying to people with dry skin but in oily so I liked the matte look However the color was a little off. I'm more on the fair side and felt that it was fair enough but not quite the right undertone. I have it a two lippies because after a while it turns orange. Not only does it turn orange but it doesn't keep my face from getting shiny which I though having a built in primer would help do and because it applies pretty matte like. So because my face turns oily, the product starts to get blotchy. A shiny, blotchy, orange face... Yea no thank you. I don't care how nice it applies or the color starts out, if it doesn't last when the name is STAY fabulous, it's a fail.