December 20, 2014 | 1754 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - Nearly Naked Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this powder works for about every skin type and every base, including people suffering from sensitive skin or acne. In that respect, I think it is unique, especially at the pricepoint. It doesn't come with that much product in my opinion. It's hard for me to find a dupe for the texture even among my midrange and high end texture. So far, I have found zilch.

The powder has a very high-end feel to it, finely milled and silky smooth. No matter how much you pack on, it never looks chalky or cakey. It controls even my horrible summer oil and sits well on my dry areas without exagerating anything.

The coverage is about light to sheer. I bought the shade Medium/Deep for the summer and really packing it on made me look tanner than usual, but it did lean orangish on my olive-toned skin. Now that it's winter, medium fits better and is yellower but still just ever so slightly darker so that my skin still looks alive.

Throughout the day, it absorbs oil really well. The finish is a natural matte finish. There's not really much of a satiny sheen and it has no glow, but it doesn't look like flat, lifeless vaguely-skin-colored chalk. I don't need to pack it on to get oil control(even though my oily skin tempts me) and it feels very light weight no matter how much you put on. It looks very lightweight, like you virtually have no makeup on. Even when you pack it on, you have to be really close up to see the uneccesary thickness of the powder.

I recommend this powder for people starting with makeup and needing a nice powder, as it works for dry to oily skin. The shade selection could use some work, but the colors are sheer so you can work with them.

The worst part is the packaging. The powder doesn't have a lot of fly-away or powdery-ness but the compact isn't the best. It stains easily and is fragile so it's easy for the powder to crumble in the pan. I've had to repress my compacts at least twice each. Not everyone has time for that.

The powder puff it comes with is reallh useless. I'm sure a piece of paper could apply powder better for touch-ups. The mirror is tiny. The compact is overy garish for the amount of powder, and the mirror. I would have even preferred a double layer with a true powder puff and a good sized mirror. The powder itself is high quality stuff though.

I wouldn't recommend this for everyone. A lot of powders that are tailored more for certain skin types may work better for you. For example, if you only need powder to mattify a very oily t-zone, you want something for oily to very oily skin that looks REALLY matte and can change the finish of foundation. If you have dry skin, you may want something more satiny. If you have combination, you may want the best of both worlds, like very oil controling but also doesn't exagerate drier skin. You may want a powder with almost no coverage. You may need a finishing powder to add some life to your skin. A lot of powders (drugstore, mid-range, or highend) are cheaper or already in your collection may match your skin depth and undertone better or be better suited for your skin type or comes in more functional packaging. If you don't know your skin type, or you have various skin types, you may love this as your end-all. Personally, my skin type tends to be slight dry in colder months to super oily in the summer. If this had SPF, it would be more useful to me, but it's not HG material. It could use more shades, better packaging. I think the amount of product is pretty small. It's smaller than the amount of most powders I have and it's pretty thin. I've hit pan twice and while it was nice, I like the feel of something very absorbent and while this absorbs very well it doesn't feel dry enough for me. It works better as a touch-up powder, but not past that. I went through it too quickly to want to keep repurchasing it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Maple26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On its own it's a light coverage, and then if i apply over my foundation it mattifies my face. I don't really like it cos it makes my skin look dull and accentuates any dry parts of my face and sits on my pores. Maybe it's cos my skin is quite dry so it might work better for oilier skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by reggiemoon

I love this powder! It makes my skin look flawless like porcelain. I am 28 with combo to oily skin, large pores and acne. This powder isn't matte and isn't super awesome at absorbing oil but it makes my skin look so nice and my foundation lasts all day with this. I apply with a fluffy powder brush so I threw out the sponge it came with. The packaging is square and bulky with a tiny useless mirror so that could be improved on but otherwise I have bought this a number of times. I wear the revlon colorstayliquid foundation in buff and I buy the nearly naked powder in fair for the winter and light for the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by danapaige

Best compact powder ever! Completely evens out my skin tone and makes my skin look pore less. Such a great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Givemelipstuff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a huge fan of this powder. I bought it because I needed an emergency pressed powder. The color itself was pretty good, but I don't really think it did anything for me. I wasn't wowed. The package is a bit large for carrying day to day. It ended up staying in my home makeup kit for setting foundation. The applicator it comes with is too small and I ended up tossing it. Overall, not bad for drugstore, but I probably won't repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by LinaGranita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

So i'm going to make this review short and sweet. My friend gave it to me in color MEDIUM/DEEP because it was too dark for her. I actually really like it, it's sheer and I love it to set my makeup especially under my eyes. The packaging could be better but the only con...that pad to apply it, oh my horrific. How do you provide such a small cushion pad to apply powder? it's really horrible. Other than that, for the price yes I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by candacemakeup22

I do like this powder, it does set my makeup pretty well. But I don't like it enough to buy it again. The packaging is terrible, so big and bulky. Can't really travel with it. It doesn't control the shine throughout the day. And will look cakey if you were too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Vane86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using it almost every day. It has a sheer coverage, I don't use any foundation, and I think it is perfect if you want to get that natural look. If you have oily skin it would not work for you. After a couple of hours I see my nose getting shiny, sometimes I reapply, others I don't need it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I've hit pan on this powder, it's not one that I love. First of all, it has an odd smell. Second, it's very bad at controlling oil. I put this on my nose and cheeks about four hours ago and I already see that my nose is shiny. It does provide an okay amount of coverage but I wouldn't use it in place of a foundation if I really wanted coverage. The texture is also quite nice and light but if I'm using a powder with the purpose of controlling oil, it better control oil.

The packaging is pretty big and bulky, and the stupid applicator it comes with is totally pointless (I just tossed in in the garbage).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by kaylaheefner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I originally bought this because I was looking for a cheeper pressed powder. I had heard great reviews when this product first launched (I bought maybe over a year after). I have normal, yet dry and sensitive skin. When I first started using it, I thought it was nothing special, but I noticed myself reaching for it daily. When I had finally hit pan on this powder I realized how much I loved it. I love the way it looks on my skin, matte but not too matte, no shimmer, not heavy looking at all, no powder looking finish to the skin, perfect coverage, totally beautiful and light feeling. Now I have literally been scrapping the last bit of product I have left and basically savoring it as much as possible until I get a new one. Overall, super impressed by this powder, and totally backs up it's 'naked' name. One negative, the packaging! I prefer a round compact, just a waste of space for a little satin puff I won't use, and the packaging is white all around which makes it look dirty easily when used. But definitely a great buy, recommended for someone with a normal skin type looking for a natural yet medium coverage powder.