October 20, 2014 | 1889 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Sephora Collection I.T. Cream Blush Brush

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this brush on sale, but I still hate it. I wash it after every use because I change blush colors frequently, and it winds up stiff and scratchy, and it applies my blush unevenly. I think a synthetic brush is essential for applying cream blush but would recommend the one by Laura Mercier or any small synthetic foundation brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush at the sale price of $11 (U.S.)

I find this to be an excellent cream blush brush, primarily for one reason: it's not too big or dense and made of synthetic takelon. That means, simply put, I can wash it with water and baby shampoo in the evening, and it will be dry and ready to use the next morning.

There are certainly better brushes out there for the application and blending of cream blushes; the Sonia Kashuk flat top comes to mind instantly. But this is the only brush I've found so far that can keep up with my busy schedule - I don't want a collection of multiples of the same brush just because I don't have time to wait for my cream blush brush to dry properly before its next use. This is more important for me because I switch blush colors nearly daily, and if I don't constantly wash my brush my various blush colors will turn into a muddy mush.

To its own credit, the brush applies my (Max Factor) cream blush reasonably well, and after a few uses I got used to it enough to be comfortable with blending as well. It's definitely not for first time cream blush users, though: the brush head is relatively small and precise so you have to know exactly where you want to put your blush on your face. If you're a regular cream blush user, however, and you like to switch up colors (and are a stickler for really clean brushes) like myself, this brush is an invaluable time saver. The SK flat top may be my HG for cream blush application and blending, but Sephora's brush is the one I will always reach for first on a busy weekday morning. The sale price makes it worth it; I wouldn't buy this for the full price of $36.