October 31, 2014 | 1444 users online

Lip Treatments - Chanel - Rogue Coco Baume

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by stochasticityfound

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For $35, Chanel should not sell a lip balm that has the texture of Burt's Bees with staying power to match. The texture is awful, feeling slippery instead of velvety. After 15 minutes, my lips feel dry and I need to apply again. The smell is strong and though it has a pleasant floral scent at first, it quickly settles into something acidic and bitter. My $5 Hurraw! balms blow this one out of the water. Only buy this if your sole purpose is to pull out the beautiful black and gold tube from your purse and feel the satisfying click of the case closing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lip balm! It is extremely moisturizing and hydrating without being greasy or waxy. It works perfectly under lipstick and/or liner without affecting application or wear. It's colorless, scentless and tasteless. I also love that the stick doesn't break or melt even in high temperatures.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by mflek

So fancy... couldn't resist picking it up. The packaging is beautiful, Chanel never seems to disappoint on presentation but the formula isn't all that flash. I would say spend $50 on something else and go buy some Carmex which would probably work the same (maybe even better). There is no smell, or colour, but it isn't a very moisturising lip balm. If you have dry, chapped lips, do not buy this. If you like something fancy and not fussed about spending $50 on a lip balm that wont reaaallly do anything, by all means, go right ahead. I use it almost everyday but just don't think I would purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of my all-time top 3 lip balms (Bobbi Brown and Carmex being the other 2). It's so pricey so I always try to buy in duty free at the airport. The one I have with me at the moment is halfway down the tube and I bought it about 3 months ago, so it's fairly long lasting. I love the texture of this balm and I find it keeps my lips moisturised for a long time - or at least until I eat or drink something. I love it most, not just for the wonderful feeling on my lips (not greasy or sticky), but because it doesn't taste of anything! Sometimes balms like Carmex, though a tenth of the price, have a very overpowering scent, so this one is perfect for me! The packaging is beautiful too, yes I'm shallow, but I don't care! I like looking at nice things and what's classier than a Chanel lipstick/balm on my work desk?! :-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

Gorgeous packaging but no better than a nivea lip balm, i'm fooled by chanel packaging too often, the product should always be better than the packaging it comes on. Basic, the most basic of basic lip balms, the YSL one i got the same day for the same price is 10 x better, so is mac lip conditioner in the tub which has been discontinued i think? my hg, which is why i tried the chanel/ysl ones and ysl trumps this. This isn't hydrating, but i imagine its a lovely primer before lip stick. This gives a very nice sheen, thats about it, a sheen that lasts half an hour :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by sofiloco

I love the luxurious feel of getting this out of my bag and gliding it on! Makes the concept of lip balm a whole lot more flash and glam! The formula itself is ok, although I do have to reapply quite often as my lips are VERY dry! The taste/scent is quite perfumey and I do tend to prefer more natural flavourings, however all in all it is nice. It is very pricey and there are way better ones out there!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Noonie95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

The packaging is amazing
The smell is amazing
But it doesnt hydrate my lips well
Because it's lite
I think it is better to use it in fall or spring
but i don't know if i'm going to buy it again
Luxury ..}

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is the same as the Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks but this is more hydrating, slightly more thick, and longer lasting. For me this has an ideal texture: it's substantial enough for my lips to feel coated and protected, but not heavy or overly waxy. I don't like wearing anything during the day that interferes with my lipsticks or glosses and this is perfect for layering underneath. It's hydrating and silky, swipes on easily but doesn't migrate anywhere else. The size is great is great for throwing in a purse or small makeup pouch.

I wouldn't say this is a treatment product that's going to do amazing things for lips over time. But my lips do feel moisturized and comfortable while wearing it and they look healthy too. It leaves a nice semi-glossy finish which is perfect when I don't feel like wearing a lipstick on top. No sticky or tacky feeling either.

I don't have really dry lips or anything where I want a more intense treatment so this fits all the requirements I look for in a lip balm. It has the soft Chanel fragrance, which is a pretty appealing touch. I've repurchased this already and I like to keep a spare in my nightstand so I remember to use it right before bed.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by teago

If you have even moderately rough lips this will not do a single thing for them. Which, if you are using a lip balm you probably have dry, roughened lips right?
Absolutely gorgeous packaging. Smells rosey/chanel-y like all their lip products. Expensive for a product that does essentially nothing? Unless your addicted to the taste/fragrance of Chanel liipies.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by pauvres

An extremely hydrating lip balm and a classic luxe Chanel product. I love the tube packaging as it is easy to carry around and isn't in a gross pot. Feels great when i apply it to my lips and my lips straight away feel hydrated and soft. I need to re-apply when my skin feels dry which is often which is the only downer, and the price. it is EXTREMELY expensive but will likely repurchase when my one runs out as i cannot find another non-petroleum based lip balm that does what this does.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No