Paula's Choice Illicit Lash Mascara

2.3

Not tested on animals

on 7/27/2014 9:18:00 AM

My first time using this mascara it did absolutely nothing; no color no lengthening no curling nada. I thought this was rare so I tried again and this time it lengthened my lashes but just barely. I found that this can lift and curl lashes with two applications but it has a tendancy to clump. Personally I prefer Rimmel L'oreal and maybelline mascaras over this.

on 3/18/2013 11:04:00 PM

Paula's Choice Australia sent me this mascara for free with one of my skincare orders. I'm in two minds about it. On one hand, I like the brush, which is rubber with very tiny bristles. The pointed end is easy to get into the corners to coat all the smaller lashes. On the other hand, the formula is extremely wet and will soak my eyelashes and stick them together if I don't wipe heaps of the product off the brush before using it. It has good lasting power, but doesn't really add volume. No issues with flaking or smudging. So I guess if you're after a lengthening/defining mascara and you're willing to wipe heaps of the product off the brush before each use (in turn wasting a lot of product), this would be ok for you. Otherwise, avoid.

on 12/28/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I don't know why I keep trying Paula's Choice mascaras. I guess I keep hoping for a winner but this isn't it. First off ignore the name on this. It will give you a natural look at best.

It started out good.

1st day: Pros: Nice skinny rubber brush gave me natural definition that lasted all day. Removed easily at night with remover. No flakes or smudges.

But 2nd day clump city. And had some flakes but I chalked that up to the strenuous day I had.

Cons: Very wet formula and it gives lashes spidery clumps. And then I had flakes.

3rd day more of the same but since brush was now fully loaded mascara application even harder to get right.

4th day even worse. I wiped the brush for each eye. Tried to remove spider lashes with mascara comb. Not easy to do. Still flaked after 3 hours.

5th day tried with primer. No better. Wet goopy mess. Still flaked.

Overall never had irritation with this one but for my buck you can find as good or better at the drugstore. Not worth the special order.