Wen by Chaz Dean Spring Gardenia Green Tea

4.6

Not tested on animals

on 3/11/2015 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favorite WEN scents. I love the smell of gardenias and this smells amazing. I highly recommend buying WEN through QVC just because they have the larger sizes in the seasonal scents. I prefer the seasonal scents in general because they smell better. In general, I love the way WEN makes my hair look and feel and I don't mind the price since it works for me.

on 9/10/2014 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My friend gave this to me since she didn't like it. I was scared of the scent because gardenia scents can be too much but this one was great!! I find it to be a light floral,very nice!

As far as cleansing goes I go based of feel vs the recommend pumps...I have 3b spiral naturally curly hair,a lil bit above bra strap length and its layered lightly,ends can get dry and frizzy. The formula of this CC gives my hair lots of shine,volume and helps a lot with the frizzies....not drying at all...Rinsing with cool water works the best with the Wen CC's!

on 6/21/2014 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

This is my absolute favorite of all the Wen formulas! It has a soft delicate scent that is somewhat floral and somewhat herbal. It's a light scent so it doesn't overpower your senses like some of the others do.

I don't use Wen as directed because it's hideously expensive. I have long, wavy hair (almost waist length) and if I used this as directed I would go through a 16 oz bottle in a week. Instead I use a regular shampoo (currently Pantene volume) and use my Wen as a follow up conditioner. Immediately after shampooing I apply about 7 pumps of Wen all over (including my scalp), comb through to ends and clip my hair up. I do the rest of my shower stuff and then thoroughly rinse the Wen out last. Then I apply another 1-2 pumps to the ends and only and do a "quick" rinse with water as cold as I can stand. This leaves some conditioner in as a leave-in without weighing my hair down. When used in this manner it leaves my hair so soft and shiny. I usually blow dry my hair straight but on some days I don't want to bother messing with heating appliances and I let my hair air dry. My hair is very frizzy if I don't use heat but not when I use Wen. I can let my hair dry naturally and have soft natural waves instead of looking like a bush monster.

There are 2 drawbacks. One is the price, but since I don't use the 20-30 pumps each time as it directs for my hair length, a 16 oz bottle can last me a month or longer. Drawback number 2 is the fact that this is a seasonal fragrance, only available in the Spring, so you have to buy it when you see it. Once Summer gets close they stop making this one and a Summer fragrance is released. I have been lucky going through eBay but you risk the chance of getting a knockoff that way.

I would definitely buy this formula again and next year I will buy a few extra bottles so I have it when the season ends.

on 11/11/2013 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It was super expensive but my hair is super thin and I have a lot of it and my hair, who normally has flyaways like crazy, it has never felt softer or been shinier. I can go two days without washing it. The downside is how expensive it is and how much you have to put on your hair to feel like it is working. I love the smell of this one the best.

on 12/28/2012 11:14:00 AM

This is my second favorite Wen after the Lavender, not for the performance but for the SCENT! It's lovely. There are some stinky gross Gardenias out there but this is light, fresh and just lovely. It's soybased (my hair likes the wheat based Lavender and Sweet Almond Mint formulas better) and it froths a bit when you add water. I love it.