November 22, 2014 | 953 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Cargo - Blue-Ray Activating Face Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

I picked up this primer on a whim and am so very glad I did -- it has become an immediate favorite! Lorac's Aquaprime has been my staple over the last few years (non-silicone, absorbs into my skin quickly, no fragrance, makes a nice even and grippy base for my foundation, and keeps my oilies under a bit of control) but it is now discontinued (and I am down to my last back-up tube), so I have been on the search for a new replacement. A couple other primers that I like and keep on rotation are Guerlain's Meteorites primer and Shiseido Refining Makeup Primer -- both are pretty good at keeping my makeup looking fresh and nice too, but they are just ok. I have combo skin that leans oily, I do not tolerate siliconey feeling primers at all, I need my skin to feel squeaky clean and not slippery in order for it to feel comfortable and non-greasy. The majority of primers out there are heavily silicone based and I have to admit that the first dab of this primer on my skin, it felt a bit siliconey ... but as soon as I rubbed it in, it completely absorbed and dried to a no slip feel (which I love). I really notice this primer helps my foundation go on evenly and also really seems to control oil quite well. My t-zone will normally get shiny after a couple hours but with this primer on, the shine is manageable. I love this primer, even better than Lorac Aquaprime! I think anyone who likes primers that dry on the skin completely and likes the non-slippery feel will like this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Enormously disappointing for me. I bought this based on the reviews, and had been searching for a primer for ages before trusting the reviews enough to buy this.

At the moment, my skin is slightly oily, and I'm pretty satisfied with the foundation I'm using; I just wanted a product to make it last longer and go on more smoothly if poss.

The product had no effect. The foundation goes on the same, it doesn't last any longer, there's no difference to the texture of my skin, and pores are still visible. I really thought this would transform my already good foundation, but I'm afraid it was just yet another waste of £25.

And not that it really matters, but I expected a high-end product to at least be pleasurable to use (like the Smashbox primer, which I didn't like the results of, but it made skin feel amazing!). This is like a creamy gel and you have to be fast to rub it in as evenly as possible, otherwise it dries over your skin unevenly, making foundation appear patchy.

Really disappointed at something I thought would be ah-may-zin, but just can't find anything good to say about it. The search continues...!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

So far the best primer that I have used and I have tried them all. I use this and then Dr. Brandt's Pores no More on my nose and cheeks to minimize my pores for smoother application of my make-up. My current make-up of choice is Cargo's liquid foundation and I set this with their blu-ray powder for a beautiful, smooth complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by trayw86

I purchased this primer because I needed a silicone free primer so that it wouldn't interfere with any pore minimizing product I use for my pores (generally pore minimizing products are choc full of silicones, and trying to put a silicone product on top of another silicone can sometimes cause problems like pilling or that the pore minimizing product just won't apply properly). This primer has some good for your skin ingredients in it which I think is a plus, it also did help my makeup stay on for longer then if I had gone without. It doesn't irritate my skin and it also has just the right balance of giving a bit of hydration so that my skin doesn't feel tight/dry but also doesn't cause my makeup to slip (I don't apply moisturiser before makeup since my skin can get very oily, if I apply moisturiser my makeup either won't apply properly or melts off rather quick, so I rely on whatever primer I use to give my skin some hydration instead). I only gave this product four stars because whilst it currently meets my needs its not something thats easily available I have to order it online.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG! i have tried MANY primers, and i have hated all of them for one reason ro another, the Too Faced primed and poreless is the only one i used again and again, until i purchased this.

it is perfect, non greasy, doesnt make my pores completely dissapear, but once you put foundation on they are so small they are almost completely gone. i dont re-blot my foundation when i use this.
photographs look airbrshed!
the trick is, use a tiny amount on each section of your face, i even do my cheekbones and jawline seperatly, then let dry for a few minutes, the minimum i'd suggest is 2. do NOT use too much, i tested this and i will ball up with certain foundations even if you have let it dry. a little goes a very long way! this is on the pricey side, but the tube is huge and sicne you dont need a tremendous amount this should last you many months. i use this under all of my foundations from the very heavy, (kat von d, vichy dermablend) to the lighter (chanel vitalumiere, dior nude) with great results everytime.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No