Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Humidity Hair Spray

3.0

on 7/14/2014 5:00:00 AM

Love this Harispray! I have a fine texture to my hair, but my hair is not real thin. This works the best in the summer for the scorching 100 plus degree weather in Texas and high humidity. I use always in summer. Can use Alterna working hairspray in the Winter and spring. I love it for summer. I would have little volume or no curl without it. Your hair is pliable. It is not too stiff. Not quite as pliable as working hair spray, but close. It does not dry out my hair either. I Use with Bamboo volume mousse. and a small amount of plumping strand expand. I have tried just about every hairspray and this is the best for me. Smell is mild and not too strong. I just wish it came in a bigger can. 7.4oz goes too fast.

on 5/4/2014 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm really surprised by the two negative reviews on this! This is by far the best hair spray I have ever used! When Ulta recently got in travel sizes of this, I grabbed all three that were left! I carry it in my purse! I have very long hair, which takes a long time to style. This hair spray is perfect for me! It gives me WONDERFUL hold, but yet there is still tons of movement to my hair and NEVER looks sticky or hard. Looks so natural! I used to like Redken's 18 hairspray, but this is even better with a much more natural hold. Redken 23 is too heavy for me, and I definitely like a good hold, and use a lot of hairspray, but I don't want to look too "done" either. Seriously, Ladies, give this a try! I'm very picky about hair spray, so I can't believe this is isn't flying off the shelves!

on 10/2/2013 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

No no no no. I love Alterna products but this hairspray is a total fail. I went to Sephora to play with the hair stuff and tried this and the Kendi Micromist, one on each side. It was not a difficult day for hair. Not very humid, not very windy, not very hot. In other words I SHOULD have been having a good hair day. When I got home several hours later, the side with the Kendi oil was kind of "meh" and the side with this "anti-humidity spray" was AWFUL. Like a poodle. No shine, very fluffy, kind of rough, and had a weird coating on it, like corn starch. I don't have issues with things weighing my hair down, it's thick and I sometimes put straight olive oil in it. This wasn't weighed down, it was like it was powder-coated. Yuck. This was just a terrible hairspray.

on 12/28/2012 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this because I often need a bit of hold at the bottom of my ombre (see damaged) hair. This hairspray is so bad that it actually uncurls my hair. I don't often write reviews, but I did a test: I curled the bottom of one side of my hair and set with this hairspray, and did the other side after 1 minute (to ensure proper temperature of the iron) and did not set. After my 12 hour day, my unset hair was slightly curled, while the side with this product was limp and straight. This is the most terrible hairspray I have ever used. I usually use Redken 23... I will be sticking to that. My hair is very long (past bra-strap), medium texture, medium wave.