August 21, 2014 | 1659 users online

BB Cream - Holika Holika - Essential Petit BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by siminims

Where do I start...

The packaging is adorable and you get a really reasonable amount of product for your money.

I have, currently, super-oily hormonal skin plagued by pore congestion and active blemishes. Sounds ducky, I know. Also my skin tone is a light/light-medium warm-olive. Probably about NC20. I'm close to Buff in Revlon CS Whipped and to Frisky Korat in Meow Cosmetics.

HH Essential BB Cream starts out SO WHITE on me. White! Really! Greyish white. Wonderful. But after about 20 minutes it oxidizes, somehow, PERFECTLY to my skintone.

But it doesn't play nice with my oily skin. I suspect if you were drier you'd love it, but on my face it just feels sticky and dewy all day, when I prefer matte finishes. Also it seems heavy on my skin.

That being said, the color match, though odd, is lovely, and the consistency is more than enough to cover up blemishes. I'm not sure if it can be sheered out to avoid the stickiness, say with a damp Beauty Blender or something, but right now I need heavier coverage. 3/5 as of now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

Skin-data: yellow warm undertone,NC 27-30,combo skin (oily t-zone,normal on the rest) with dry flaky healing acne spots,red/purple-ish hyper pigmentation. What I like the most from this bb cream is that you can achieve medium coverage with just 1 layer, 2nd layer will give you full coverage. Also the price is super cheap,I bought mine for less than $6. The texture is very creamy and thick,it's easier to blend it with fingers than brush. It's also heavily scented. This bb cream never oxidize on me,this can be a good thing if you have very fair skin. To avoid looking like a ghost I usually dust matte bronzer all over my face to give life back to my face. During the summer months as my skin getting tanner I like to mix the bb cream with a light consistancy foundation that's a few shades darker,I use Revlon nearly naked foundation. On my skin it last 6+ hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Rintachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I found that this BB cream worked better on my skin than the Moisture one.

This BB is a bit creamier, lasts longer and have a better coverage. Like Moisture this gets a bit oily after a couple of hours, although I think this one sticks a lot better.

Overall it's a good BB cream and I would buy it again. The coverage is great and I don't mind touching up with powder in the afternoon. If you have a dry/sensitive skin like mine, I recommend you to try Essential instead of Moisture. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by JennaLia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first BB cream and I really like it. It gives great coverage (medium-high) without feeling too heavy at all and it lasts all day. It hasn't broke me out either. I don't feel that it's very moisturizing and I personally find it hard to apply, the best way to apply is by hand. Besides that I think I'll stick to this BB cream!

UPDATE (8/10/2013)
Now that the heat is very strong and unavoidable, this bb cream feels too heavy and sticky on my skin and it gets oily more than usual. I'm still on the hunt for a bb cream that feels fresh, smooth and natural on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by luckyhipo

The product is light with good coverage. Consistency is not thick and easy to apply on the face. Moisturizing but not sticky. I think overall it is a good bb cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ChenchillaxChop

This product comes in a squeeze tube, with 1 oz. of product. I like that there isn't too much product, because you can actually finish up the product while it is still fresh.

This is a really nice BB cream, especially if you're looking for something with medium to heavy coverage. This BB cream definitely covers and evens out your skin very well. I am an NC20-25, and this was actually a little light on me. I just mix it with a drop of darker foundation to darken it. This has a really strong floral scent, which I don't mind, but beware, if you're not a fan of scented foundations or your skin is sensitive to certain fragrance ingredients.

Another thing is, this controls oil really well. I can get this to last for 8-9 hours on me without fading, which is really great for me. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and dry cheeks, and a lot of stuff fades on me. This doesn't accentuate my dry skin, and really makes my skin look smooth and even. The finish on this BB cream is pretty matte, maybe semi matte. There are no visible sparkles in this BB cream. I usually finish off with a powder to increase wear time.

I would definitely rebuy this! I got a tube of this product for around $8-$9 on Ebay from South Korea.