Julep Age Defying Hand Brightener

3.5

on 1/8/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

As always with Julep products, they are over priced. However, they always go on sale so it's not really a problem, just don't purchase it when it's full price, it's not worth it. I liked the cucumber-y and soft smell, it was really moisturizing althought maybe a little to thick so it was long to absorb. I cannot speak about the brightening propreties because I dont need them.

I'll not repurchase because there's many great products cheaper than this one.

on 12/27/2012 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I received this cream in my January Mystery Box, along with 5 nail polishes, nail glitter, and several samples.
I am not one for creams. I don't like scented lotions. BUT this cream, is wonderful! It has a slight "cucumber" scent I guess, and it feels like butter going on. It's a little on the thick side, and the consistency is a little like clear thick glue. It absorbs REALLY well, and it doesn't feel greasy afterwards. I do see myself using it all up, but after verifying the full price as $32, I can honestly say no, I would NOT pay that much $ for a hand cream. Face cream, yes, hand cream, no. My main reason for that is this: I am carrying this cream in my purse, I tend to "lose" things from my purse. My expensive face creams stay at home, so there's no risk of losing that. The hand cream though, I would not be surprised if I lose it before it's even half way done. So no, I would not purchase this item, simply because of the price point, NOT because it isn't a fine item. Honestly, I would feel comfortable paying no more than $, but that is me personally. My only other gripe with this product, and it's not even the product itself, is the packaging. Overall, it is average. A soft squeeze tube with a flip top lid. I do not like the color. It is white with a black lid, and again, after only being in my purse for less than a week, the tube looks over a month old. Any and all dirt/spots cling to the tube. I would have preferred black packaging, but that is my minor gripe.