November 28, 2014 | 2034 users online

Lip Gloss - Paula's Choice - Paulas's Choice Perfect Shine Lip Gloss

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought this lipgloss in 'peachy cream' it was advertised as moisturizing while adding antioxidants to lips. This may contain titanium dioxide as sunscreen and 11-12 colorants. It is emollient with a feeling reminescient to vaseline although there is none in this lipgloss.
The color is a tad brighter and more pink in real life than in the magazine and online. It has no taste so you wont be tempted to lick it off and it does not feel sticky. This is not high shine with no sparkles and I think this color was intended to be a more natural look.' Paula's' team recommends wearing a lipliner and lipstick under this. The lipstick might not be a bad idea.
The one bad thing is this doesn't last long. It comes off on cups and you have to reapply after eating but then again a lot of lipglosses do this.
There are antioxidants included but the packing is plastic that the light can get through and since the moisture doesn't last you don't know how much antioxidants you are getting like another reviewer mentioned.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I bought 4 of these because I used to like her lip glosses from years past despite their gasoline back taste. I had high hopes these would be a vast improvement.

The good is that these are taste and scent free but these are very very sheer. And not that hydrating despite the claims on the tube. (She even puts that in the name.) They do not run into my creases but they also last very minimally on me, less so than L'Oreal lip glosses. I can get an hour or so (can I be getting that much antioxidants in that hour?) if I don't drink anything but then I have to use some kind of lip balm later because I feel chapped.

I bought
pink lemonade a light warmish pink which is so light to be almost non-existent on me but also pasty. WTH???
peach cream: a nice warm peachy color, no shimmer
rose blush: it is the same color as my lips and hardly shows up on me, might has well use clear lip balm.
strawberry soda: a pinky red which is probably the best of the bunch

Overall I would look at drugstore 1st. L'Oreal, Revlon, and Maybelline make some gorgeous basic and trendy colors that will provide moisture, color and antioxidants for the limited time you have the freaking color on your lips. Yes I am asking myself why I fell for this trap.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really had high hopes for this lip gloss. Moisturizing, antioxidants sounds great, right? Not so much in reality. I generally love Paula's Choice products but this one really failed. It only has a very light moisture. It did next to nothing for my chapped lips. It has very little shine and the colors are odd...bright and pasty at the same time. The wear time is very low...30 minutes and I felt like I needed to reapply. This is not a luscious sophisticated gloss. It reminds me of something a middle schooler would wear that needs a very subtle almost non-existent gloss.

I would not buy this again. For the same money there are much better gloses at the drug store.

Edit: I received a different color and it was TOTALLY different. I can't imagine why different colors would be completely different consistency and pigmentation. This one is still sheer but has a wonderful gloss without being sticky. It leaves my lip so soft even after it has worn off.

So I have changed the rating to 3 lippies because one color was awful and dry and the other was soft, smooth and wonderful. Inconsistent product but worth trying.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No