August 29, 2014 | 1770 users online

Conditioner - Kevin Murphy - Hydrate.Me Rinse

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by annemarieke

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This conditioner is amazing! Definitely the best I've ever tried. Better than any ot the Shu Uemura or Kerastase conditioners.
My hair is very fine and damaged and I need to wash it every other day because it tends to frizz otherwise. But this conditioner eliminates the frizz completely while maintaining all the volume in my hair, and it actually stays that way for a few days. No need to wash and blowdry again. My hair is slightly curlier (in a good way) when I use this and actually looks healthy. Sometimes I leave it in my hair overnight with great results. I love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Bellaluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing! Simply amazing. I have long hair that is highlighted and conditioner is super important to me. To say it was dry would be an understatement. This changed all that. I used every high end hydrating system and was always disappointed. Not with this. Hydrate.Me. is the weirdest conditioner ever. It almost looks like shampoo. It's creamy but loose in texture and you only need a nickel sized amount. I add a few drops of water to spread it through my lengths then I clip my hair up while I shave. After I rinse my hair it's not slippery but the water beads off the ends and it feels strong and smooth and light. It's so worth the cost because it's so concentrated and it actually changes how your hair holds moisture by sealing the cuticle. I feel as though the texture and hydration is actually improving rather then being masked.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My hair can get quite dry and brittle at times but this stuff makes my hair feel so lovely! It definitely isn't cheap, but I totally think its worth it. And make sure to leave it in for a few minutes before washing it off, it helps! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by devo0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is awesome though the first reviewer is wrong there is protein. Awesome moisturizing conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by la_dee

Best moist conditioner i've tried so far without protein. This is the best alongside with John Master lavendel avocado intense conditioner. The smell is great and earthy and lingers on in the hair very intense. I have the test size and think i would get the full size because how it condition each strand and the great smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by jenwrite

Excellent hydrating conditioner that does not seem to weigh down my fine hair. I preferred it to the Angel Rinse, which seemed to do little.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by ImSoBrunette

Let me begin by saying I'm not a fan of the smell but I got over it. The consistency of the product is very deceiving. When I first saw it I thought "Yeah right, this isn't going to hydrate my hair". It is extremely hydrating. I've colored my very long hair over 5 times in the past year and a half so I'm constantly on the search for hydrating products and this met my rigorous standards. Shockingly, I felt like I didn't need a deep conditioner with this product. I have previously used Joico, Paul Mitchell, etc. but I am always able to easily comb through my hair in the shower with this conditioner and afterward which says A LOT. The only thing I don't like is the packing. The bottle looks sleek on a store shelf but it's clumsy in a shower and the price is a little much for 8 ounces but hey, if it works it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this conditioner. It's rich and moisturizes well without weighing down my hair. The smell is a strong-ish herbal scent that I am ok with but not crazy about, but it doesn't linger in your hair.
The product is kind of expensive, but with Kevin Murphy products a little really does go a long way. When I first got this conditioner I would pile it on like I do with any other thick conditioner. DO NOT DO THIS. You will run out quickly and you'll get diminishing returns the more you pile on. The product is very concentrated, and actually works better if you use LESS and mix it with some water.
Here is how I apply Kevin Murphy conditioners: 1) As with any conditioner, I wring the excess water from my hair so the product does not just slide off. 2) I apply about a nickel-sized dollop in my hand (for my thick, shoulder-length hair). 3) Here is the trick: I wet my palms while the dollop is still in my hands so that I get a small pool of water in my palm. I then RUB MY PALMS TOGETHER, mixing the product with water. This spreads the product out, giving it more mileage, and it then spreads very easily through my hair. 4) I comb it through with a wide-tooth comb. 5) Taking a smaller dime-sized dollop, I mix it with water in the same fashion and apply it to my ends, then massage whatever's left on my hands into my roots. 6) Leave on a couple minutes, rinse.
Since using this method rather than applying it as I would any other conditioner, my hair is much more soft and has more body due to not being weighed down. My colour looks bright and shiny... and if I let my hair air-dry, it actually looks decent, not frizzy or flat or stupidly wavy (this is RARE for my hair!).
My complaint is the packaging, it's cute and space-saving but I can see it becoming a pain when I start getting low, it will be hard to get it all out.
I have not tried the Hydrate.Me system with the matching shampoo, I have only used this with a cheap Dove shampoo. However, I would love to try the system and other Kevin Murphy products (I have also purchased the purple shampoo and conditioner for blonde hair). And the brand is not tested on animals! I would buy again, but I want to try the Luxury Rinse next because I think my thick, bleached hair could even use a LITTLE more moisture.
UPDATE: I take it back, the packaging is not a pain. It was shockingly easy to get all the product out. I had to turn it on its side and shake for a couple uses, but when I could no longer get any out that way and unscrewed the top to scoop out the remaining product, there was hardly any left in there at all. Weird, but true. I'm now a fan of the packaging concept.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No