October 24, 2014 | 1741 users online

Body Scrubs - Julep - Instant Warming Foot Scrub

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This isn't a bad scrub, but I don't feel it's really feel it's worth the price, and the packaging makes it a huge pain. The scrub itself is nice. It's supposed to be cucumber mint scented, but I really only smell a hint of mint. It is a thick, white cream with fairly large scrubbing chunks of pumice. It starts to get warm immediately after you dispense it. You have to work fast because the heat only lasts a few seconds. It does leave my feet feeling very soft, but it doesn't do a very good job of scrubbing off dead skin. You won't want to use this if you have any open wounds on your feet because it does contain chili pepper oil. The thing I really don't like about this product though is the packaging. It comes in a squeeze tube. When I first try to squeeze the product out, it comes out separated, and theres no way to easily shake it back together. It's also extremely difficult to get the product out. I have to use two hands just to squeeze it out. When your hands are all wet and have product on them, this is super annoying. The scrub is also fairly expensive. This won't be something I repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this in my December box and love it. It becomes very warm when you first apply it and is perfect for winter. Use,this in the bath then one you get out immediatly follow with a body butter or lotion (I use a pedi,lotion I got from them) then put on a Pair of fuzzy socks the next morning your feet will be soooooo soft and moisturized I do this about three times a week in the winter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Julep's Instant Warming Foot Scrub is a "cucumber mint scented scrub that warms up on contact like magic. Packed with pumice to exfoliate, chili pepper oil to stimulate circulation, and Vitamin E to nourish." Julep says it's a "all in one rejuvenating treat for your feet!." This product is probably be used with The Best Pedi Creme Ever, Julep's aptly named foot lotion. Julep sent me this foot scrub for free, as a gift from the brand. This is a pretty pricey product, selling for $22 (or $17.60 if you belong to the Maven program), for just 3.5fl oz (103ml). Julep products are cruelty free and made in America. This foot scrub is paraben and sulfate free. Julep products can be bought through the brand's website, at Julep Nail Parlors (all four of which are located in Washington state), and in a limited selection at Sephora. Julep also offers a monthly subscription box for $19.99, which is the most economical way to sample their products.
Packaging for Julep's Instant Warming Foot Scrub is plain but nice. A white and blue squeeze tube with a black flip top cap. The front of the tube features the Julep logo and the name of the product. The back of the tube contains a description, directions, ingredients, and company info. Packaging is efficient, product squeezes out with easy. A little bit of product crusts up around the dispenser, but it's nothing major. The tube is recyclable.
This foot scrub is greyish white with a thick consistency. It has a light, pleasant cucumber mint scent. Julep suggests using a nickle sized amount per foot, but I feel like that's enough for both feet (but I have teeny tiny footers, so that might be a factor). Julep's Instant Warming Foot Scrub doesn't feel warm when first squeezed out, but as you rub it in, it begins to warm up. The more you work it in, the hotter Julep's scrub gets, but as soon as you stop, it cools right back down. This scrub is moderately abrasive, as you can expect from anything with pumice in it. This scrub does a decent just at removing dry skin and softening my many foot callouses (oh the joys of working in a kitchen, you are never, ever off your feet). This scrub rinses off with no problem to reveal softer and smoother feet. I like using this scrub twice a week on Friday and Sunday nights, to prep my feet before my weekend work marathon, and then to calm them down after its all over. This stuff might irritate those with very sensitive skin though, because it contains chili derived ingredients. It kinda gave me a rash on my ankle once, but it went away after a few hours.
I like Julep's Instant Warming Foot Scrub. It smells nice and has attractive packaging. This foot scrub really does warm up significantly as you rub it in, and effectively exfoliates and softens my feet. I wouldn't repurchase Julep's Instant Warming Foot Scrub, just because I feel like anything more than a few bucks for foot scrub seems really unnecessary to me, but really I don't feel the need to splurge on anything foot related, not even shoes. I appreciate Julep sending this scrub to me though, I really enjoy the product, just not it's price tag. If you can afford it, try this scrub out, it functions well and kinda has a novelty factor to it.

PS:
Please avoid this product if you have cuts or broken skin, very sensitive skin, or capsicum/pepper allergies.