Femme Couture lightning lash mascara

3.4

on 6/29/2014 3:56:00 PM

Pros: Like the clear tube. You can actually see how much product is left.

Cons: Wand is okay but could use a better brush. This one doesn't seem to grab your lashes enough. Gives me major raccoon eyes. Doesn't lengthen whatsoever. Only slight volume.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Now I'll admit that on the first try i wasn't a huge fan of this mascara. But after deciding to really give it a try it really grew on me and now it is one of my favorites. Im a serial mascara buyer always searching for the mascara to give the exaggerated VaVaVoom type of lashes and this mascara does the trick for me. the applicator is comb like which i believe is what makes this mascara so good at adding length and definition to your lashes. Idk if its just me but i personally am not a fan of regular brush applicator mascaras they dont do anything for me and my lashes are a decent length. I find plastic or rubbery applicators better at lengthening and defining lashes. I loved maybeline's lash stylist and Cargo's blu ray mascara (plastic comb like applicators) but they both sadly got discontinued:( hence i was searching for a similar mascara for the longest time and am so glad that i stumbled upon this one which i found to be very similar. It is definitely my go to mascara now. Midnight black is their darkest shade i like it better than blackest black. the only reason why i didn't give it 5 lippies is because i don't like that the lettering on the tube wears off so easily and also the formula despite saying good for 6 months starts to dry after about 3 despite following all of the "preserve your mascara longer rules" besides that this is a gem of a mascara. you may not like it at first but just give it a try..trust me you'll be pleasently surprised! I get asked if I'm wearing falsies or get told i have nice long lashes ALL THE TIME! =D

**Update**
another good lengthening mascara bites the dust. I just saw reduced stickers get put on all of the lightning lash mascaras left at the sally's stores:/ femme couture got 2 new mascaras and decided to discontinue this one. If you want a mascara with a Comb like applicator MAC studio sculpt mascara has just that. I found that it doesn't lengthen as much but still does a good job at defining.

on 6/21/2013 8:44:00 PM

This will lengthen lashes and make them dark but not thicking don't make it even femme couture monster lash mascara is mucj better

on 2/28/2013 8:43:00 PM

Love this mascara ! At first I thought I wouldn't like it because the brush is so thin and has tiny bristles. Au contraire ! This mascara is so good ! It separates my lashes perfectly and doesn't clump at all ! The only thing I don't like is that it's hard to remove even though it isn't waterproof. If I could buy this again, I would, but I have to buy it online, UGH. If you can get it, definitely do !

on 12/24/2012 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

at first i wasnt too sure about this product but after using it a few times im obsessed. its a very "wet" mascara. i didnt think i would like it but its great. the applicator is like a comb. the product lasts all day and night and doesnt flake off and its buildable. i can put on 5 coats of mascar and it looks great. this is also the only mascara that i have been able to put mascara on my bottom lashes. im not sure if its because of the applicator of the formula but ive never been able to do that with any other mascara products. i think it retails for 14.00 i will def be buying again.

Popular Mascaras