September 19, 2014 | 974 users online

Powder - Ferro mineral make up

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by curlymom2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am so happy that I found this foundation. Liquid foundation has always been a real challenge for me because I am very fair with a lot of redness in my skin and I hate the look of full coverage foundation (so aging now that I am over 40).I thought that mineral makeup would be perfect for me so I tried Bare Minerals years ago and was very allergic to it. My skin was itchy and bumpy, which I learned is most likely a reaction to Bismuth Oxychloride (found in many mineral makeups). Fast forward to my discovery of Ferro Cosmetics. The company is based in my hometown and I had read an article about the owner (a makeup artist) and her own frustrations over irritants in many mineral makeups. It sounded like something I just had to try. I was able to buy a sample kit at a local boutique, found my shade, and I have been using it for 2 years now. I use the Ultimate Foundation in Palest Honey for my NW20 skin. The color is great at calming my redness. I still use a light application of liquid just through my nose and areas with large pores, but always finish with my minerals and it is especially amazing on my very red cheeks. I agree that it does take some time to get used to using loose minerals, and they can be messy, but once you get some practice it becomes easier. My skin has been much calmer and I have received many compliments on what nice skin I have, my husband even noticed!!! I would recommend checking out their website and reading up on their products. They also have a great return policy if you are not satisfied, always a good thing since makeup preferences are so individual.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by canadabanada

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a generous sample of this in my topbox.
The color they sent me was good.
This is awful though. It's so cakey and pore enhancing. Sits on top of my skin and looks awful
Settles into fine lines
I even tried a spray of my fresh toner over top to try and help it melt a bit more into my skin but nope. Just looks yukky on.
Give this mineral make up a pass