November 28, 2014 | 1576 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Radiant lifting foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by C3r4ph3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used Shisedo products when I was a teenager as I have very, very, very light skin, and it was one of the few product lines that carried as light of a foundation as I need. Unfortunately, college and life hit, and a $45+ foundation wasn't exactly in my sights.

I shop at a Korean store about an hour away from home, and I kept seeing the Shiseido makeup in the grocery store's mini makeup store, but I finally went in with intent to buy tonight.

As soon as I got home, I rushed to the bathroom to try it on, and it was just as I remember Shiseido products being. Amazing texture, smooth, easy application, and WOW, what coverage! I currently have a small blemish on my chin, but after applying this foundation ... what blemish?

The foundation set well, and my face has a lovely glow about it. I feel great in it!

I'm stoked this has sunscreen. I have larger pores, and my face looks like absolutely porcelain now. Even my husband said wow!

I will definitely be adding this to my daily routine. My drugstore foundations are going bye bye!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

I think this is an amazing full coverage foundation - especially if you have a mature skin.
I do agree that it does cover nearly every imperfection giving that smooth velvet finish.
I can't really tell how radiant this is, because in any case you better set this Shiseido foundation with a good powder - otherwise it will go all patchy and might separate in certain areas of your face.
The texture is very creamy and thick, easy to apply.
This product retails for 45 USD, which is a lot - but if you want to go extra mile and treat yourself with a high quality product - then go for it!

There is a good in-depth blog post review on this foundation, I leave the link below. Hope it gives more knowledge before you invest.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is a fabulous foundation that gives a flawless finish, its my go-to foundation if I want a perfect finish. It is however best for drier skins or used on a mattifying base, otherwise it make make your pores look large. The range of colours are great and it strikes a balance between coverage and spreadability. It is a little thicker in order to give a lifted appearance and is very finely textured. The finish is satin and dries down so there is no transfer. One of my fave foundations and the only foundation i have repurchased.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Lara0202

Unfortunately, not for me! First I couldn't find my exact shade, 020 too light, 040 too dark.. I could only focus on one thing after applying this foundation; PORES! And I did prime my skin before. Already tried many different ways to prime, to set, but its juts not the foundation for me. Its just not comfortable, I feel like I'm wearing foundation.. ahhh.. and it transfers, a lot! =/

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Melldy

This is absoultely the worst foundation I have ever used! Including drug store brands. I really do not know how this got such great reviews. I cannot even bring myself to give it any kind of star rating. It went on ok, but 5 mins later it had oxidised shockingly and was patchy and uneven and orange!!!! Unfortunately i was at work when i noticed and did not bring any back up makeup so had to just try and smooth it the best i could. As the day went on it got worse and worse it set into my fine lines and made my pores look clogged and my face oily. There is no staying power as well, even with a setting powder. To make matters worse i have 3 new pimples and have felt like a cake all day long, Truly worse product i have ever used!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Katelrobs3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is it. This is the one. I am completely head over heels for this foundation, it is just incredible and flawless for my dry skin. The price is a little steep (about $45) but foundation is one thing I'm willing to pay a tad bit extra for consistent and excellent quality. I have dry and sensitive skin with some redness which forces me to be a bit picky when selecting foundations.

Before I picked up this miracle worker I had been religiously using my YSL Touche Éclat foundation which I still absolutely adore butttt this product has stolen the spotlight. I've been waiting to write on a review for this foundation because I kept waiting for it to look odd, fade easily, not wear well some days but it never did any of those.EVER. This foundation looks flawless on good skin days and more importantly bad skin days. For color reference, in this foundation I purchased 100 and in MAC I am NW 15/20, in Giorgio Armani I am 4 in winter and 5.5 in summer, and in YSL Touche Éclat I am BR20. The consistency is not liquidy at all, it is rather thick but does NOT feel heavy whatsoever on the skin for it truly glides on my skin and blends in perfectly. I find the lasting power to be great, I apply it in the morning around 8 and looks wonderful at 5pm.

The coverage is fantastic (full) but you can certainly use a much smaller amount for a natural glowy look which I plan on doing as we near summertime. When applying this I advise to use the 'less is more' concept; the pigment is crazy good so no need to use a whole lot of product or else it will take away from the radiance it provides. I wouldn't say setting this foundation with powder is a must because it may take away from the beautiful healthy glow it gives my skin. I use my Real Techniques expert face brush as well as their makeup sponge (the orange one) and find both ways provide beautiful application. This is AMAZING for dry skin; I have never come across a foundation that actually delivers a radiant, glowy look while providing full coverage as it claims. I'm not sure I would recommend this for those of you with oily skin; I have had to stop mixing in my Josie Maran Argan Oil with my moisturizer in the morning because it will make my skin a tad too shiny. The packaging is gorgeous and the bottle is not glass which is awesome for traveling, and this bad boy comes with a pump that is extremely easy to control/manipulate for when you want to use more or less product depending on the desired look. I hope they don't discontinue this product because I'll probably have a mild heart attack if they do. I will forever purchase this product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Kathy11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing foundation! I normally only go for matte, long wear foundations but my skin has been extra dry this winter so I decided to try something with a more natural finish and the positive reviews led me to Shiseido. I'm NC20 and was matched to B20/Natural Light Beige which is perfect for me.
It feels so luxurious going on and blends like a dream.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Tsats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. I will never forget the amount of time it took me to finally buy it. I had identified it in the store, I knew it was a good match for my requirements, but that price for a foundation just doesn't make sense. Or so I thought. Now I collect shades, for each time of the year, for each part of my face (I highlight and contour with it), and I stack up. At that time I had some serious acne going on, red marks that stayed for months, and a very pale, aging, skin. So I was looking for a fix for all problems:
-Something non-comedogenic, for sensitive skin, that helps heal
-Natural dewey finnish
-Full coverage (that still looks natural)
-Some moisture, since matte foundations make me look older
-SPF
-Saying power

Well, this product does it all. I cannot stress enough how natural it looks, having in mind the coverage. The "radiant" effect is produced by some micro reflecting particles, but we cannot notice them. It just looks healthy. The cons:

-Not for oily types
-the price

Some more pros: The package is great, pump, easy to use, opaque, but we still see how much is left. Because of the good pigmentation, we do not need much (no need for "build up"), so it lasts a very long time. We can make it sheer by applying with brush in large strokes, wet sponge, or over a greasier primer. It has a great composition: all ingredients are good quality and very beneficial, including the lavender oil, despite what Paula Begoun says. It does stay all day. I think I'll use it forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 5:01:00 AM More reviews by nomadjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've always had good skin and in my younger years never really wore foundation on a regular basis. Now that I'm 50, my pores have become noticeable and I've got more redness in the T-zone, therefore I feel like I need a foundation to look brighter and polished. Problem with many that I've tried is that they either make me breakout or immediately sink into my pores. Not the case with this foundation! I use a small stipple brush for application and it doesn't require very much product to get a beautiful, flawless finish. After applying early in the morning, I set it with a light dusting of loose powder. By late afternoon, my skin still looks great and dewy. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Shierine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing foundation. It is so glowy and radiant just like its name. I have very oily skin but I absolutely love this foundation. If you have dry skin, I'm sure you will go crazy with it (in a good way) :)

Positives:
+ Radiant and glowy
+ Last all day
+ Does not disappear/slide although it does gets oily, solution: wear primer
+ No transferring
+ Oxidises beautifully without getting orange
+ Medium coverage that is build-able, I prefer using concealer to cover some spots though.
+ Not cakey

Negative:
- Oxidises on my oily skin but does not on my mom's dry skin. See solution below for oily skin

I bought my foundation in Japan and the store attendant suggested me a shade lighter than my skin. When I first put it on, I can clearly see there is a difference between the foundation and my skin, but then as it sets, less than half an hour later, the foundation has oxidises and it matches my skin perfectly. It oxidises to a colour that is a touch darker (tanned) but not orange. Before it oxidises, I recommend using bronzer on the perimeter of the face.

This foundation also holds off againts my oiliness for hours. Most foundation I have either sink into fine lines or slides off and disappear but I can see the coverage is still there after 6 hours of walking under the summer sun without sinking into my lines or acne scar, perfectly intact like I just put it on.

Overall, it is an amazing foundation that delivers everything it promises, I don't regret spending my money on this.