Shiseido Radiant lifting foundation

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Hydroxyproline, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Distearate, Alumina, Trisodium Edta, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Tocopherol, Sodium Metabisulfite, Hydrated Silica, Barium Sulfate, B Ht, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Methicone, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Tetradecene, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 5/17/2015 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Why is this so thick? It's nice and moisturising, at least, and has decent coverage. But it's so oily and thick it just slips off my face when I apply it in the morning. It goes patchy over dry skin and disappears on oily. Not good for people who don't have perfect skin, or simply "mature" skin. I like using anti-aging products for the moisturising formulas and heightened coverage usually, (obviously you can't not age lol) but this just didn't work for me at all.

on 3/8/2015 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have been using this 2 years now and this is amazing, one of my favorite foundations especially for winter. I decided to re-review this since its been awhile.

I have non problematic yet dry skin. This is very creamy, blends seamlessly, and does a great job at coverage so all that together I need only about a pea size for my whole face and ill use a tiny bit more if needed to touch up. This is hydrating and very comfortable to wear on my face even throughout the whole day and I hardly need to touch up. The finish is a satin-dewy finish, depending on how much oil or moisturizer I put underneath but alone this is mostly a satin finish. It does have a SPF. In MAC I am NC40-42(40 for winter and 42 for sunnier days) for this foundation I wear the darkest shade in the yellow(Ocher) shades which is O80 for the Radiant Lifting which matches me perfectly in winter/at my lightest. This matches me only in the winter, and in summer I just use this for my undereyes/cheeks for a subtle highlighting effect. I like to use the Shiseido foundation brush with this or my brandless cheap foundation brush made for creams but more often I use my hands. Comes in chic yet simple packaging with a convenient pump.

I have gotten so many compliments wearing this. This foundation is gorgeous and very natural. Doesn't cling to dry spots and last the whole day. I have only a small amount left in my bottle but it has lasted me so long! In the end I would buy this again. There are not many long wearing, not matte, satin-dewy, foundations for dry skin and this is one of the best. Underrated product!

on 3/5/2015 9:09:00 PM

I have never tried any shiseido products before and absolutely love this foundation.
I read up reviews on it and wanted to try this so I purchased it. It's a perfect medium to full coverage with a slight glow to it. It lasted all day and did not come off at all!!! I have normal to combination skin but prefer a more glowy look rather than a matte look just because I think it's more natural / healthy looking to have a little dewy finish. The colour range is reasonable, I'm normally NC 20-30 and found O60 was a perfect match for me! Before I purchased this I was tried on The new nars foundation and was a struggle, no colour matched my skin perfectly, It was cakey and horriably creased into lines I never knew I had :/ so I opted for this foundation instead and I'm so happy with the results and glad I didn't purchase the Nars foundation. I will be purchasing this foundation again and will defiantly try some of their other products !!

on 10/16/2014 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I used Shisedo products when I was a teenager as I have very, very, very light skin, and it was one of the few product lines that carried as light of a foundation as I need. Unfortunately, college and life hit, and a $45+ foundation wasn't exactly in my sights.

I shop at a Korean store about an hour away from home, and I kept seeing the Shiseido makeup in the grocery store's mini makeup store, but I finally went in with intent to buy tonight.

As soon as I got home, I rushed to the bathroom to try it on, and it was just as I remember Shiseido products being. Amazing texture, smooth, easy application, and WOW, what coverage! I currently have a small blemish on my chin, but after applying this foundation ... what blemish?

The foundation set well, and my face has a lovely glow about it. I feel great in it!

I'm stoked this has sunscreen. I have larger pores, and my face looks like absolutely porcelain now. Even my husband said wow!

I will definitely be adding this to my daily routine. My drugstore foundations are going bye bye!

on 10/8/2014 7:26:00 AM

I think this is an amazing full coverage foundation - especially if you have a mature skin.
I do agree that it does cover nearly every imperfection giving that smooth velvet finish.
I can't really tell how radiant this is, because in any case you better set this Shiseido foundation with a good powder - otherwise it will go all patchy and might separate in certain areas of your face.
The texture is very creamy and thick, easy to apply.
This product retails for 45 USD, which is a lot - but if you want to go extra mile and treat yourself with a high quality product - then go for it!

There is a good in-depth blog post review on this foundation, I leave the link below. Hope it gives more knowledge before you invest.

on 7/13/2014 9:03:00 AM

This is a fabulous foundation that gives a flawless finish, its my go-to foundation if I want a perfect finish. It is however best for drier skins or used on a mattifying base, otherwise it make make your pores look large. The range of colours are great and it strikes a balance between coverage and spreadability. It is a little thicker in order to give a lifted appearance and is very finely textured. The finish is satin and dries down so there is no transfer. One of my fave foundations and the only foundation i have repurchased.

on 6/15/2014 12:23:00 PM

Unfortunately, not for me! First I couldn't find my exact shade, 020 too light, 040 too dark.. I could only focus on one thing after applying this foundation; PORES! And I did prime my skin before. Already tried many different ways to prime, to set, but its juts not the foundation for me. Its just not comfortable, I feel like I'm wearing foundation.. ahhh.. and it transfers, a lot! =/

on 5/26/2014 5:39:00 AM

This is absoultely the worst foundation I have ever used! Including drug store brands. I really do not know how this got such great reviews. I cannot even bring myself to give it any kind of star rating. It went on ok, but 5 mins later it had oxidised shockingly and was patchy and uneven and orange!!!! Unfortunately i was at work when i noticed and did not bring any back up makeup so had to just try and smooth it the best i could. As the day went on it got worse and worse it set into my fine lines and made my pores look clogged and my face oily. There is no staying power as well, even with a setting powder. To make matters worse i have 3 new pimples and have felt like a cake all day long, Truly worse product i have ever used!!!

on 4/21/2014 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is it. This is the one. I am completely head over heels for this foundation, it is just incredible and flawless for my dry skin. The price is a little steep (about $45) but foundation is one thing I'm willing to pay a tad bit extra for consistent and excellent quality. I have dry and sensitive skin with some redness which forces me to be a bit picky when selecting foundations.

Before I picked up this miracle worker I had been religiously using my YSL Touche Éclat foundation which I still absolutely adore butttt this product has stolen the spotlight. I've been waiting to write on a review for this foundation because I kept waiting for it to look odd, fade easily, not wear well some days but it never did any of those.EVER. This foundation looks flawless on good skin days and more importantly bad skin days. For color reference, in this foundation I purchased 100 and in MAC I am NW 15/20, in Giorgio Armani I am 4 in winter and 5.5 in summer, and in YSL Touche Éclat I am BR20. The consistency is not liquidy at all, it is rather thick but does NOT feel heavy whatsoever on the skin for it truly glides on my skin and blends in perfectly. I find the lasting power to be great, I apply it in the morning around 8 and looks wonderful at 5pm.

The coverage is fantastic (full) but you can certainly use a much smaller amount for a natural glowy look which I plan on doing as we near summertime. When applying this I advise to use the 'less is more' concept; the pigment is crazy good so no need to use a whole lot of product or else it will take away from the radiance it provides. I wouldn't say setting this foundation with powder is a must because it may take away from the beautiful healthy glow it gives my skin. I use my Real Techniques expert face brush as well as their makeup sponge (the orange one) and find both ways provide beautiful application. This is AMAZING for dry skin; I have never come across a foundation that actually delivers a radiant, glowy look while providing full coverage as it claims. I'm not sure I would recommend this for those of you with oily skin; I have had to stop mixing in my Josie Maran Argan Oil with my moisturizer in the morning because it will make my skin a tad too shiny. The packaging is gorgeous and the bottle is not glass which is awesome for traveling, and this bad boy comes with a pump that is extremely easy to control/manipulate for when you want to use more or less product depending on the desired look. I hope they don't discontinue this product because I'll probably have a mild heart attack if they do. I will forever purchase this product

on 3/8/2014 1:02:00 PM

Amazing foundation! I normally only go for matte, long wear foundations but my skin has been extra dry this winter so I decided to try something with a more natural finish and the positive reviews led me to Shiseido. I'm NC20 and was matched to B20/Natural Light Beige which is perfect for me.
It feels so luxurious going on and blends like a dream.