April 19, 2014 | 1049 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Radiant lifting foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Kathy11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing foundation! I normally only go for matte, long wear foundations but my skin has been extra dry this winter so I decided to try something with a more natural finish and the positive reviews led me to Shiseido. I'm NC20 and was matched to B20/Natural Light Beige which is perfect for me.
It feels so luxurious going on and blends like a dream.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Tsats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. I will never forget the amount of time it took me to finally buy it. I had identified it in the store, I knew it was a good match for my requirements, but that price for a foundation just doesn't make sense. Or so I thought. Now I collect shades, for each time of the year, for each part of my face (I highlight and contour with it), and I stack up. At that time I had some serious acne going on, red marks that stayed for months, and a very pale, aging, skin. So I was looking for a fix for all problems:
-Something non-comedogenic, for sensitive skin, that helps heal
-Natural dewey finnish
-Full coverage (that still looks natural)
-Some moisture, since matte foundations make me look older
-SPF
-Saying power

Well, this product does it all. I cannot stress enough how natural it looks, having in mind the coverage. The "radiant" effect is produced by some micro reflecting particles, but we cannot notice them. It just looks healthy. The cons:

-Not for oily types
-the price

Some more pros: The package is great, pump, easy to use, opaque, but we still see how much is left. Because of the good pigmentation, we do not need much (no need for "build up"), so it lasts a very long time. We can make it sheer by applying with brush in large strokes, wet sponge, or over a greasier primer. It has a great composition: all ingredients are good quality and very beneficial, including the lavender oil, despite what Paula Begoun says. It does stay all day. I think I'll use it forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 5:01:00 AM More reviews by nomadjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've always had good skin and in my younger years never really wore foundation on a regular basis. Now that I'm 50, my pores have become noticeable and I've got more redness in the T-zone, therefore I feel like I need a foundation to look brighter and polished. Problem with many that I've tried is that they either make me breakout or immediately sink into my pores. Not the case with this foundation! I use a small stipple brush for application and it doesn't require very much product to get a beautiful, flawless finish. After applying early in the morning, I set it with a light dusting of loose powder. By late afternoon, my skin still looks great and dewy. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Shierine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing foundation. It is so glowy and radiant just like its name. I have very oily skin but I absolutely love this foundation. If you have dry skin, I'm sure you will go crazy with it (in a good way) :)

Positives:
+ Radiant and glowy
+ Last all day
+ Does not disappear/slide although it does gets oily, solution: wear primer
+ No transferring
+ Oxidises beautifully without getting orange
+ Medium coverage that is build-able, I prefer using concealer to cover some spots though.
+ Not cakey

Negative:
- Oxidises on my oily skin but does not on my mom's dry skin. See solution below for oily skin

I bought my foundation in Japan and the store attendant suggested me a shade lighter than my skin. When I first put it on, I can clearly see there is a difference between the foundation and my skin, but then as it sets, less than half an hour later, the foundation has oxidises and it matches my skin perfectly. It oxidises to a colour that is a touch darker (tanned) but not orange. Before it oxidises, I recommend using bronzer on the perimeter of the face.

This foundation also holds off againts my oiliness for hours. Most foundation I have either sink into fine lines or slides off and disappear but I can see the coverage is still there after 6 hours of walking under the summer sun without sinking into my lines or acne scar, perfectly intact like I just put it on.

Overall, it is an amazing foundation that delivers everything it promises, I don't regret spending my money on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by tiamaria101

Having decided that I was not going to buy another foundation unless I was absolutely sure it was right and would not end up taking up space on my dresser after two or three uses as is usually the case, I spent over a year trying and getting samples of almost every foundation out there from high-end to drIug store, I finally settled on this!
I love this foundation. The colour (I20) is as close to my perfect match as i've found since Prescriptives disappeared from the shops. It is a thick creamy consistency and is very moisturising so stay away if your skin is oily, definitely one for drier skins. I don't like heavy make-up and usually go for a light foundation, but I can apply this lightly with a brush and get a light natural finish. A few people have commented on how good my skin was while I was wearing this as it didn't look like I was wearing make-up... can't get better than that as far as I'm concern

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was searching for a long lasting yet non drying foundation. This does a great job.

It lasts majority of the day. I may need to touch up ONCE but mostly I don't. I would have liked MORE moisture, but at least it does not dry me out. I do not have that tightness or flakes from most long wear foundations. The finish was not so radiant as the name implies but it's certainly not matte. I despise matte finishes. Natural skin is NOT matte!

It's very thick and creamy and spreads so beautifully. It is a strong medium coverage. I find it not full/ strong enough to cover acne and such. I have normal sometime combination skin that's not problematic so for me the coverage is more than enough. It covers everything i need like little spots and dullness without looking cakey.

I wear shade O80 which is almost perfect. I prefer if it was a tiny, tinsy bit darker. That problem is easily fixed by mixing it with liquid bronzer or putting bronzer on top for my dark tan days.

Speaking of days, this comes with an SPF with is great because I'm not too keen about putting on SPF.

It's expensive........

Overall, it's an absolutely beautiful product that's underrated.

UPDATE DEC.2.2013-Yes I know it has not been a long time since I bought this and reviewed and Im already doing an update. But I must clarify on the radiant part. Yes it is a bit more radiant than I thought. My boyfriend said how "klar"(German for clear). Depending which light Im in, the radiant part shows more. Also if I moisturized thoroughly that day. Still very happy with my purchase!

UPDATE APRIL.6.2014- O80 in this foundation compared to O80 in Perfect refining are not the same. I find the Radiant Lifting foundations run slightly lighter and even the O shades have a slight pink touch to them! I found this out in natural light but my vanity light, which has a yellow glow to it was making everything look so glowing, warm and nice. Also not good at all for flash photos. My face was lighter than the rest of my body. This is still a good foundation, but for me only in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Sqsanta

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Medium to full coverage, and you don't need a lot of it. My skin looks amazing with this foundation -- which is what a foundation should do for you right?! I get compliments all the time when I'm wearing it. I finally found the right foundation after trying so many!!!! I ask a lot of a foundation-- long wearing, stay put, not sit in any lines, look natural and not rub off easily. This one does it! If you're on the fence, don't hesitate! I'm a med/dark blonde, fair/light skin, pink undertone, green eyes. My color is I20.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by voodoodolly330

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Probably the best foundation you can ever find in this price range ( USD40-USD50). It gives a "made-up" flawless finish but doesn't look heavy, cakey and fake by any means (Hope it makes sense!).I only wish they can make some paler shades since B00 is still a hint too dark for me, but it's ok I can apply foundation on my neck as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by angel0225

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first i really like it putting this foundation on 'cuz it covers some of my rosacea, but throughout the day my face tends to be super oily. I recomend for people who has dry skin cuz it does moisturize a lot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I had a deluxe sample of this foundation in the shade I40. I was surprised to find that I really liked it! It didn´t really give me a glow though, as I expected from the name - but that´s fine with me. Instead, it evened out my skintone perfectly, the shade matched nicely, it lasted and looked very good even hours after applying it. I found, that I get the most beautiful result when I use a brush for the application, or the beautyblender.