Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Smoke Alarm

4.4

This is hands down my favorite eyeshadow pallet. There is a deep charcoal grey, a slightly lighter dusty grey and lighter still grey that seems almost whitish mauve. The colors are very buildable, very smooth and also very bendable. There is no sparkle but rather a light shimmer which is not overpowering. Very flattering for all skin tones.

on 2/9/2014 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

Since I've gone grey, makeup colors have become a challenge (I'm NW 20-25). Actually, I'm silver/white the front 2-3 inches of hair, which I really like, and the rest is a cool brown/gray mix. I used to be a brunette. So, I've had to rethink shadow colors. Plus, I'm 53, so I have to be careful not to wear too much or go too shimmery. So... this trio appealed to me. I wear the lightest color as my lid color and maybe apply a light coat under my bottom lashes. The medium color is my go-to liner for days, and if I want a little extra umph, I use the darkest color as a liner. The lightest color has a nice glow to it without begin shimmery, yet it isn't matte either. It really brightens my lid area and makes my brown eyes pop. I'm usually not a fan of CG shadows because they've always seemed chalky to me, but these colors are almost buttery, and they last most of the day over my lid primer (either UD or MAC Painterly Paint Pot). I would definitely repurchase this. I think this would be worth a try if you're cool-toned with fair to light skin, and the colors would probably show up nicely on darker skin tones as well.

on 6/4/2013 5:37:00 PM

While there's no sparkle, there is a bit of shimmer which I imagine is there for blendability. The effect is a bit chalky and definitely veers on the blue/cool side rather than being neutral or warm. Things definitely veer towards the metallic if you use the lightest shade. I'm underwhelmed but not enough to return it.

on 1/1/2013 11:35:00 PM

Enjoyed this trio as I was looking for a grey es palette appropriate for work

Dark Grey - very pigmented, nice cool grey colour
Middle light grey - I don't use this too often as it doesn't show up on my asian skin
Taupe - really liked this colour as well. It's a taupe, grey colour that's great for all overlid.

All 3 colours are matte and quite blendable. Great option for a drugstore palette.

on 12/22/2012 6:38:00 AM

This eye shadow trio is really a good product. It provides three different shades of grey, and gives me a natural, work appropriate smokey eye. It is shimmer-free and pigmented. At this price, you can't beat it !