October 30, 2014 | 1433 users online

Gels/Soaps - Bliss Labs - Super Minty Soapy Suds Body Wash + Bubbling Bath

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Full disclosure - I found a big ol' bottle of this body wash at Marshall's for half price. Since I love Bliss Labs stuff (but really hate parting with $20 for shower gel), I grabbed a bottle. Would I buy this at the normal $19 price tag? Probably not (see above), but $9 for 16oz? Oh yeah, I'll buy that!

If you're not familiar with Bliss, most of their products have a strong smell. When Bliss does a smell right, they really do it right. When they do it wrong, you will likely heave. Thankfully, I like the smell of mint and this body wash has just the right amount of mint without leaving you smelling like a sugary candy cane. The smell is clean, fresh and subtle. The gel itself is clear and you don't need a huge amount to work a good lather. It's also tingly in a good way. It will definitely perk you up and leave you feeling clean. I've tried other so-called tingly mint gel washes that don't deliver anything close to a nice tingly, minty sensation (I'm looking at you Lush Freeze), but this one does.

The only real downside is the bottle. While Bliss did change from their earlier bottles that were virtually impossible to squeeze and left a fair amount of (expensive) product trapped in the bottle forever, their newer plastic bottles still need some work. The bottles are made of plastic that is a bit too thick to be squeezed easily but it's not impossible or a huge pain.

Now, would I buy this again? Yep, but only if I could get it at half the price again (yes, I'm going back to Marshall's ASAP to snag another bottle - fingers crossed!). While I do like fancy shmancy products from high dollars spas I'll likely never visit, I just can't justify spending $20 for something that's going to end up down the drain. It's a decent body wash, but unless it's going to get rid of cellulite, erase all my scars and bring me a iced latte in the morning, I'm not going to pay out of the nose for it. Thankfully stores like Marshall's, T.J. Maxx and even HomeGoods are starting to get some higher end brand products like Bliss at half the cost. Keep a lookout and stock up.