Becca Sheer Tint Lip Colour - Gisella

on 12/27/2012 11:25:00 PM

This is a nice, sheer rose/mauve nude that reminds me of clinique's creamy nude lipstick (but obviously not as opaque). This is a wonderful compliment to a smoky eye look, and it's not pale enough to wash out someone with darker coloring (in other words, it won't make you look sickly like some nudes tend to do).
I love the packaging! It's a really simple but heavy-duty metal tube that twists shut so you can toss it in your purse with no worries.
It smells lightly of caramel or toffee in the tube, but on your lips it smells more like that typical waxy lipstick scent. The finish is ever so slightly shiny, and it feels pretty moist for a lipstick, but no where near as comfortable as a balm.
Lasting power is average, and it's definitely something you will have to reapply after eating and drinking.

on 12/25/2012 2:01:00 AM

This is my first Becca lippie, and it won't be my last. Gisella is a sheer nude rose with a tiny bit of pink and a little warmth. I ususally wear cool colors, but I had no problems with this. I have meduim pigmented lips, and this sheer lippie didn't actually change the color, just enchanced it. Next time I will be more bold with my color choice, but I like to play it safe, especially since it was puchased based on online swatches. It goes on smoothly, does not settle into lines, and is very light and comfortable on the lips. The staying power was average, but I just swiped it on. I didn't get any peeling or drying after wearing and I didn't notice a scent. I'm impressed so far with the Becca line...I will be adding to my collection.

on 12/20/2012 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Still on the hunt for a "nude" lipstick. I have naturally dark lips and typical nudes either look ashy or too pale on me. Gisella is a perfect blend of beige, peach, and rose. It is sheer, but still provides color to brighten my lips. Still, I find this washes me out slightly and there's something in the formula that causes my lips to chap despite the balmy consistency.

Recommended for Medium Skin