Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE PUR COUTURE

4.3

on 3/23/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have it in shade 66 Rosewood (not sure about the name). It glides on like butter. I never had a softer and creamier lipstick. This is pure cream, in a good way. It doesn't dry out my pout, so this is a big plus for me, especially during winter. The colour is very natural to me and close to my own lipcolour. This is a perfect nude for me. Because it's so buttery the staying power isn't that great, I have to reapply after about 3 hours. I don't mind because I love to flash this gorgeous packaging around in the powder room! The cap can be used as a mirror, so more bonus to me!

on 1/10/2015 7:55:00 AM

I bought this lipstick in shade 06 rose bergamasque. The colour is beautiful and the texture glides on and feels very moisturising on the lips. But, I actually regret buying this. The staying power is awful, this literally does not last 5 minutes. To me, this is not acceptable. It just feels pointless to pay so much for a lipstick with no longevity whatsoever. Additionally, the buttery formula of this means that it goes down FAST. So, even if I had time to reapply this every 5 minutes, I certainly can't afford to.
On another note, the packaging is very luxurious, so it's a pretty thing to have on my dresser.

on 12/27/2014 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have #57 (Pink Rhapsody), a medium red with a slight berry undertone; it's almost a raspberry red. It has very fine microshimmer that's purple; I don't actually like shimmer but it's not really visible unless you're a few inches away from a mirror.

I am a cool-toned, NW15 with dark hair and hazel eyes. This lipstick color is just perfect for me. It's a perfect complement for me; sometimes I find reds too harsh or aging on me. Some of them just sit there and don't do much for me. But not this one -- this one blends in with my coloring beautifully.

The texture is amazing too. It's a cream that stains and lasts for hours. And when it does stain, it leaves the most beautiful rose flush. My lips get so dry so easily, but they do really well with this formula, which is rare. It's not drying but it's not moisturizing either. But it doesn't make my lips peel, so as long as I put a lip balm under it, it's great. Overall, I highly, highly recommend it!

Edited: Forgot to add that I also have the famous #52 Rosy Coral, which I straight up stalked online because it was rumored to be the bright coral lipstick from the Korean drama "My love from another star" (what gorgeous lipsticks in that show!). #52 is a goooorgeous color, a bright bright bright pinky coral with a white base. However I almost never wear it because it emphasizes flakes and lines I never knew I had on my lips even after I've exfoliated and applied balm. It's not moisturizing -- in fact, it's outright drying. But it does leave a beautiful stain on my lips after I wipe it off. If you have no problems with flakes or dryness or lines, I'd highly recommend this color. Otherwise, the texture of this shade just doesn't match up with the more forgiving nature of #57.

on 11/21/2014 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have this in number #13 Le Orange, and it is essentially the BEST orange red liptick out of the best!!! The color is vividly beautiful: it brightens up even my most gloomy day and somehow brings light back to my life. Sounds cheesy but thats it!!! Whenever I feel down, I put this lipstick on and go for a walk, and its feels like nothing happened. The lipstick is highly pigmented and long-lasting without drying my lips to hell. It is naturally a little bit glossy, but if you dont want that effect, just use a piece of tissue to dab the shine out and tadaa! It looks like youre wearing a matte lipstick. Versatile.

on 10/25/2014 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If I could only buy one type of lipstick for the rest of my life, it would be this stuff. It's honestly in a league of it's own and comes second to nothing. It is hands down the longest wearing lipstick I have ever worn. However, somehow it manages to not dry the living hell out of my lips. It applies like a DREAM. It glides on like silk and is a matte/satin finish. It feels like you're honestly wearing nothing and you forget about it. And then suddenly, hours later you get a look in the mirror and remember it's there cause it still looks perfect. And when it does fade, it fades evenly. Which is so important. Nothing worse than a long wearing lipstick wearing off only on the middle of the lips and giving that accidental lipliner look. This stuff is phenomenal. I would buy every color and never touch another lipstick if it wasn't 40 bucks a tube. That being said though, it's well worth the splurge. Love.

on 9/28/2014 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ysl rouge pur couture is long lasting matte lipstick that doesn't dry out the skin. color payoff is great, scent is nice and as always the collection comes in a great range of colors. ysl lipsticks never disappoint, i love them.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I can not believe the reviews. This lipstick is so drying it makes my lips crack. I should not fall for the pretty packaging and stick to lipsticks that have natural ingredients. The ingredient list shows chemical after chemical with no oils.

Yves Saint Laurent lipstick is the Rolls Royce of lipsticks. Of course there are many others that has made their marks on the Lipstick Market. My personal top 5 lipstick consists of couple of different Yves Saint Laurent formula, Illamasqua, Mac, and Too Faced. Yves Saint Laurent Pur Couture lipstick in Rose Libertin is a radiant cool purple pink. I think it is a very unique shade. As usual the Yves Saint Laurent lipsticks do smell slight rosey and the formula is heavenly hydrating with rice bran oil as opposed to some chalky heavy matte lipsticks out there.

on 1/14/2014 6:00:00 AM

I purchased this in Shade 6 after seeing it on the cover of Top Sante magazine, the colour is called Rose Bergamasque. it was a bit of a pain to get hold of actually but the lady on the YSL counter was SUPER lovely, it was a great experience for buying my first YSL product and it's made me want to buy more.

This lipstick is a kind of nude coral pink colour, it's lovely for people who are pale like myself, very brightening for the summer but I love to wear it at every available opportunity, it is one of my absolute favourite lipsticks in terms of colour and formula.
The formula is like applying silk to your lips, there is a lot of slip whilst applying but once on it feels like a kind of silky matte, it's not drying at all and still moves around on your lips. The staying power isn't super fantastic but you'll find this of most lipsticks that I own because I don't tend to go for things that wear for hours and hours - I'd rather it came off totally than some stay on, I don't find that look attractive.

The packaging for this lipstick is gold coloured, heavy, and square. It might not be to everyones taste. It niggles me sometimes because the YSL logo is half up top and half on the bottom - it's possible to put the cap on so that they don't match up and half the logo is round one side, half is on the other.

This lipstick has made me want to buy more YSL lipsticks, it's just smooth as butter, smells like roses and is absolutely GORGEOUS. I find the colour unique in my stash and it's perfect for casual application at any time. I also own a chanel lipstick and dare I say it, this is better!

on 9/9/2013 5:41:00 AM

Purchased this lipstick in Rose Libertin. The colour is a gorgeous, slightly purplish pink. It is bold enough to make a statement, but soft enough not to take away from the eyes (If you get what I mean).

The formula is really moisturising - even without using lip balm underneath this applies well to my lips. Feels very soft. The finish is pearly (definitely not matte) which I love. It does settle in to the lines of my lips a little though.

Packaging is really pretty; a gold, reflective tube. However, after 4 days I have already scratched it, and there are grubby fingerprints all over it haha. Not too worried about that though.

The deal-breaker for me is it's lasting power. It begins to wear after an hour, and although it wears gradually and reasonably evenly, I would have expected it to last longer given the fact that it cost me $50 (in Australia). Because of this, I won't be repurchasing, as I can get a decent lipstick with a similar wearing time from Revlon Superlustrous, at half the price!

so to sum up:

PROS
- moisturising
- pearl finish
- rose libertin is a gorgeous colour
- classy packaging
- wears fairly evenly down to a subtle pink stain

CONS
- average lasting power
- settles into lines (but not as much as other, cheaper lipsticks)
- verrrry expensive

Recommended for Medium Skin