L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

3.7

OCTYLDODECANOL • AQUA / WATER / EAU • TRIMETHYLSILOXYPHENYL DIMETHICONE • ETHYLCELLULOSE • SORBITAN STEARATE • ALCOHOL DENAT. • CETYL ALCOHOL • PHENOXYETHANOL • SUCROSE COCOATE • SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE • HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR • CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • LINALOOL • CITRONELLOL • BENZYL ALCOHOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE May contain: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77491, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES • CI 17200 / RED 33 • CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 • CI 16035 / RED 40 • CI 15850 / RED 7 • CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 • CI 42090 / BLUE 1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i really like these for an on the go Lippie! The package is great and these are a dupe for the YSL glossies. I have three colors, (the lilac, the rose, and the red) and I wear them on casual days when I just can't deal with lipstick. The red one (I cant remember the names and the label has rubbed off) is awesome because it brings a pop of color to the lips without having to worry about the precision that usually comes with red lipstick. The formula is nice because it's in between a stain, a gloss, and a balm. Very hydrating, feels like you're wearing nothing! My six year old plays dress up with these a lot :)

I hate lipgloss normally, and far more of a lipstick girl, but I repurchased these twice-in all three shades that I own, so something must be going right!

I took a lipstick off for the fact that at first they are a little sticky, and a second one off for the fact that these don't show up on poc lips really-I'm medium toned and the lightest colors barely show on me! I think LOreal of all companies should make every line with all skin tones in mind-they own everything, so why not?

I also love that these are one of the few glosses/stains that have an adult looking package. I hate carting around stuff that looks like it's for a fourteen year old! The doe foot is petal shaped too so it's really easy to apply. Now that I think of it, these are really the only glosses/stains that I've bought in the last half decade. Way more of a lipstick gal. So if you are wary of glosses, I would try this!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The. Best. The shine last for a very long time, then leave a nice stain. Own three colours and have already repurchased. Twice. Planning to buy more colours, though not all colours are available in Australia, sadly.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I am very much in love with these lip products. I have three shades: Lilac Ever After, Rose On and On and Pink Persistence. These three shades are pretty light and sheer, which makes them very natural-looking on light skin. I have applied two coats when I want more color and they do darken a bit after they set. Darker skin tones or those who want more noticeable color would probably want to choose darker shades.

Lilac Ever After is a muted mauve with a touch of brown. I read a review that said it had a gold shimmer, but I can't see any shimmer on the lips. It's a very natural MLBB shade on my light skin. This is my go-to shade.

Rose On and On is a rosy pink. It's cooler and a little brighter than Lilac Ever After but still a natural-looking color on my light skin.

Pink Persistence is a light peachy-pink. This one looks almost clear when applied but deepens once it sets. Again, very MLBB for me.

As for wear, this is the reason I love them. They last for at least four hours, which is excellent wear for any lip product, but especially for a sheer lip color. And they truly are a stain, even the light shades. I tested this by swatching all three colors on my arm, letting them sit for a minute or so, and then washing my arm with soap and water. The glossy finish washed off but they really did leave a stain.

I don't detect much of a scent/taste and they don't dry my lips out at all. I do wear a lip balm to bed and I don't lick my lips a lot, so I don't have too much of a problem with dry lips. I love the applicator because it's so precise and easy to use.

As for the "wet shine" claim in the name of this product: This product is glossy enough for me but those who want a super-glossy look may be disappointed. I would say they leave a soft shine, but not a wet shine.

I just hope that L'Oréal doesn't discontinue these any time soon.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love theseeeee. I have 2: Pink persistence and Rose on & on. I just love the soft, light, pink color. Pink lipstick is just too much for me, so I prefer these lip stains. and I love the gold tubes.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product is amazing!!! I always hated glosses coz they were sticky and uncomfortable and transferred to everything and were a mess but not this one. This sets on your lips and doesn't transfer on cups, glasses and most food! It feels like a cooling liquid that is totally non sticky and sooo light on the lips!
I have the shade Juliette which is a vibrant orange based red that looks AMAZING on my medium olive NC35 skin. It lasts for 4-6hours depending on what I eat. The gloss wears off but the color stays for long!
I do not have dry lips, and I live in the hot and humid tropics, so I cannot comment if it causes dryness but it is a blessing in our weather for being so light weight and not melting in the heat.
Love!

Love. I use mostly high end makeup, but this stuff is fantastic. Hands down the most comfortable and long lasting lip product I have ever tried. I use #183 Pink Resistance which is a neutral baby pink. As the color sits, it warms up my natural lip color and gives me a sheer, truly MLBB shade. It makes my lips look full and healthy and stays on for hours and hours. Especially love this because I have finally, FINALLY found a light pink that doesn't have mauve or purple undertones. The color does provide a stain on me, but note that I am very very pale. (I tried the lightest shade too, but that one does have a cool undertone, so it was a no-go for me.) I combine this with Laura Geller's waterproof lip liner in buff and it gives me super full, long lasting lips. I have eaten meals with this product on and it is still hanging on when I'm done! Lovely packaging. Can't say enough about this stuff!

I picked one of these up in the shade 186 Berry Persistent, when Target Canada was going out of business. It immediately became my new favourite lip product.
The tube is so pretty and elegant looking, and it is so easy to apply. The colour is very flattering on me, and I've been wearing it frequently. I love the consistency. I have never found a lip gloss that I like because they always feel sticky, but sometimes I would like something a bit glossier or sheerer than a lipstick. This is the only product that I've found that has the good qualities of a gloss without that messiness and stickiness. The formula is thin and it doesn't feel like you're wearing anything on your lips after you've applied it. The only drawback is that, even though it's called a stain, it doesn't really leave one. I took one star off my review for not living up to its name, but it didn't bother me because if you need to reapply after eating, you can easily swipe it back on with no hassle.
I wanted to buy some more colours, but I looked for it in several stores and couldn't find it anymore. I was very disappointed. I think it was probably discontinued, but it is still shown on the L'Oreal web page, so I'm not sure. I like it so much though I might try to order some online.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love the packaging of these. It's beautiful, and the leaf-shaped applicator is easy for me to work with and faster to use than a regular doe-foot applicator. That's about where my love for this product ends. It feels watery and tight on the lips. The shades are all very sheer, so the gloss barely shows on me, and it doesn't leave a stain behind on my pigmented lips. They are not scented per se, but they smell and taste of chemicals. I have never tried the YSL version, so I can't compare, but this product was a waste of money for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in 2 shades: 501 Bonnie and 300 Juliet. For the first one there is a separate review on MUA, so this one is solely based on Juliet. I picked it up from the bargain basket next to the L'Oreal stand at my local ds for 50% off. Because of my experience with the aforementioned Bonnie I took a chance and bought this without testing it first. The tube shows that colour to be a reddish pink and that represents it fairly. It actually looks a little more red on the lips (which is surprising, mostly it's the other way round!) but it's most definitely a very dark juicy pink. The trick with these is to apply them thin and evenly and than you don't have to reapply for at least half the day, the combination of the emollient texture and the strong pigmented colour makes it a very long wearing gloss. Once the gloss starts fading the colour will leave a stain on your lips, very beautiful. Too bad it's probably discontinued...

Love this stuff! First time i used it my lips peeled a little because of the drying alcohol in it. But after a week of a good nighttime lip moisturizer and maybe my lips getting used it to, it wears fine. It stays on for 4 hours, longer if i don't eat much. Really no scent after application. Feels very thin, and sets to a soft slick feel. Not tacky. I can kiss DH and nothing gets on him!
I love the colors endless red and infinite fuchsia. I'm very fair and I can wear such bold colors with confidence that they won't bleed or fade badly. Find them on sale and give them a try.

*update 1/15*
This has reached HG status for me. I continually reach for it and Love it. It no longer dries my lips or peels them. It's soft and glossy and doesn't budge. I can reapply over and over and it never balls up or fades like the old stain/balm combo from loreal.
My favorite is Rose on and on. Initially it goes on milky and pink but in 30 seconds it changes to a rosy tint on my mauve pigmented lips. If the wind blows your hair will still attach to it but won't be covered with gloss. Which is great. I hope they keep this a long time.

Recommended for Medium Skin