November 25, 2014 | 1726 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was completely suckered in by all the rave reviews these lip stains were getting on YouTube recently, but whether I just happen to have got a faulty one or the reviewers on YouTube were being sponsored to say all those amazing things, my experience with this has been one disappointment after another.

After going through all the shades available, I decided to go for the shade 'Lolita' which is a nude/rosy tone and which seemed like the most natural shade in the selection. I don't like really vivid pinks and reds, which this range seems to be full off, but luckily when you apply it it's quite sheer so you can build it up with a few layers for a bit more impact if desired. Sadly though this is pretty much the only good thing I have to say about it.

This is NOT a lip stain - it lasts a couple of hours (if that) and then just starts to wear off like any other lip gloss/balm does. Although not sticky like lip gloss, the consistency of the one I had was really watery and in truth, a bit slimy too. When applying it I felt like it was just sliding over my lips as opposed to sticking to them, which didn't help with the appeal of it. Finally, after only a couple of weeks of using it, it started to separate inside the tube and take on a really synthetic smell too. I tried shaking the tube and wiggling the wand around to see if that would stir in up, but to no avail. In the end I had to admit defeat and throw it away.

Based on my experiences of this I won't be rushing out to purchase any other shades and certainly won't be recommending it to anyone else either. This cost me 7.99 from Boots but as far as I'm concerned it wasn't worth it - I can definitely think of other lipsticks, balms and glosses that cost this much or less, are much better quality and last much longer too.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by ShannonRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

It's a good grab and go lip product - easy to apply and the colors are sheer and wearable. But it is not a stain - it wears off after an hour or two. It is a bit drying so I wear a balm over it (mabe that's why it fades on me?) I would buy again for those lazy days where you want a pop of color, but don't feel like doing a proper lip application. Colors are true to tube, but a little sheerer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by 4reviewsonly758

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is probably my most favority lip product. The *only* downfall is that it can be very drying after continuous use, but Carmex as an overnight balm can solve that problem.

This is the only lip product ever that I have bought time and time again and will continue to do. (I also like MAC lipglass, but this product even more)

I like the fact that the colors are sheer, so they work well on my un-pigmented lips even when I don't have much other makeup on -- they make me look put together instantly.
I like the fact that once they set they are totally weightless: not a smidget of greasy, heavy sticky residue.
I like that the tube is small, so I can put it in my pocket (or give to my husband to carry!) without much of a hassle.
I love that these last most of the day without feathering or flaking. I like that they are easily available and often on sale.
I don't know who came up with these names, but they are NOT representative of the actual lip colors, so Google swatches before you buy.

Lilac Ever After is my HG MLBB lipcolor. Not lilac at all, but rather a mauvey, barely there, almost neutral tone.

Rose on And On is an almost coraly rose stain. A little warm and very pretty even if you don't think you can wear warm colors.

Stubborn Plum is not plum at all. It is a blue based lilac in a medium base. It is a great alternative for warm, medium toned girls that want to wear an introdoctory blue based lip color.

(I will review other colors I own as I find them again)

If you like this product, you will probably like the Maybelline Color Elixirs -- they are to glosses what these are to stains. They are not dupes of each other, but rather another wearable, affordable, low maintenance lip-product that is worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by dawnlois

Just bought a second one of these, again in Lilac Ever After - shocking! I literally have a drawer full ( a fairly LARGE drawer! ) of makeup rejects, mostly made up of lip products. High end. low end, everything in between - you name it. Just not ever completely happy with any lipstick, gloss, stain, balm - blah, blah, blah. Frustrating. EXPENSIVE! You ladies know what I mean - when something's off, whether it's the color or the finish or the staying power, etc. At any rate - I can't remember the last time I bought a second tube of the same product. Wait - yes I have - and it was also a Loreal product. The Infallible plumping lip gloss, in 206 Plumped Rose - that was one of two colors in the line that was discontinued!!! But this wet shine stain stuff is even better. Honestly, I was afraid it would be like the YSL stains, because I loathe those. This product is smooth, subtle, long lasting - and the absolute perfect color. The shine is very subdued, and once this sets, it doesn't budge. I'm really happy with this - and I'll definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by VictoriaJane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First of all, shout out to the keepers of the cosmetics aisle at my local HEB, who stock the l'oreal lippies with the shipping wrappers intact-so you can buy them knowing they're unopened. I love these-have four now-once I figured out the key was thin layers, these became HG items. I'm impressed with the wear time, the even wear, and the feel of these. The colors haven't all been exactly as expected (from the color you can see on the case), but I've been pleased with them all regardless.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the nude shade, and to my disappointment, the color in the tube and what came up on my lips was completely different. I was hoping for a MLBB shade, but it looks totally orange! An unflattering shade of orange, at that.

Not only that, but it's very sheer, and requires a lot of layers to make it look half decent. Once I get on enough layers, it feels sticky and tacky. Not nice.

Makes my teeth look yellower. Worst of all, it doesn't last. It fades and I'm left with slightly orange tinted lips.

Not my favorite, and not one that I reach for very often.

I have blonde hair, fair skin with yellow undertones. My lips are pale pink.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by juliawilson22

Wtf?! This is terrible. I got the one in eternally nude and my lips are now pink. Red. Pinkish red. Ugh maybe it's a mood stain, because this stuff makes me flaming mad! Lol I'm taking it back right now. Can't do it, nope.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very liquidy / glossy on my lips. Doesn't last long. I don't know how this is really a stain?? Like I am sure if you put koolaid on your lips it would stain better. The colors don't show up. I bought the brightest color - pink perseverance - and I have to put multiple layers on to make it show. Texture is nice though and it's mostuirizing. Would not buy again though. I expect better from loreal I uaually love their products

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by katherinegclark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

these are nice but i can understand why many dont like them the lighter colors are not gonna show up very much so get something brighter/darker the first layer is sheer but then you put another layer on and it feels quite sticky also mine is getting older and its getting all goopy in areas but once this dries its really nice it lasts a long time and after the glossiness fades it turns into a long lasting stain that doesnt dry out your lips

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I completely forgot I owned any of these until I saw someone review them. They aren't a very memorable product. The colour payoff isn't that great and they're a little sticky.

I do like the packaging which was what attracted me to the product in the first place.