December 19, 2014 | 1238 users online

Mascara - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Fake Out Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by ashley54501

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very sensitive eyes and I used to wear the organic wear jumbo lash mascara in the green leaf tube, which worked well for me. However, when this new one came out my local Wal-Mart stopped selling the green one. I switched to this one and it seemed to be pretty much the same as the green one except this one is supposed to have fibers in it. I had bought a lot of new products at the time and my eye irritation got pretty bad. I'm always trying different eye products to find stuff that won't irritate me. I never once thought it could be this mascara because it's organic and hypoallergenic right?! After going through several tubes of this, I recently tried a non-organic full of chemicals mascara and my eyes felt amazing! It had been this mascara irritating my eyes all along... I think the reason is because unlike the green tube, this one has fibers made from trees! Now just imagine wood fibers in or around your eyes... I'm done with organic mascara. My new one with chemicals makes my eyes feel 100x better.

I also want to add that this was extremely flaky and smudgy, but I put up with it for a long time thinking it was better for my eyes. If you blink or your eyes water a bit, it runs into them and burns really bad. The corners of my eyes always felt sticky. One time I was at a pool, and one of my friends splashed me once and it was like a bomb of black ink went off. One little splash made it run all the way down to my neck and took the phrase raccoon eyes to a whole new level!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Bad bad and more bad.
This was all around bad.
Large wand is ridiculous, formula was too wet, this was a bulky mess. Too pricey for this piece of junk.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by ZannyGirl15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is it, guys.
In the beginning of 2014 I found my HG mascara.
I present to you, Physician's Formula Fake Out Mascara. Hold the applause.
My lashes are thin, fine, and blonde; however, they're also extremely long. This means that the formulas for nearly every mascara on earth is too wet for me and weighs my lashes down.
Fake Out is light with a drier formula than other mascaras and the brush's little silicone bristles really work to separate my lashes so they dont clump.
This would look so natural if only it were to come in a shade of brown :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the intensity of the shade and the results but this can be a very messy mascara if you're not too careful. I find it better than the green version as this doesn't flake as much. Does however smudge so I'd avoid using it in summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by kookielovins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The packaging is soooo cute! And then there's nothing to rave about. It did NOTHING for my lashes except darken them. It also gives serious raccoon eyes if your eyes tear up or if you blink a lot. No thanks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Sns18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is probably the most used mascara in my collection. The brush is really what makes the difference, since it's made out of plastic instead of bristles you can build up the mascara and put on several coats with out ANY clumps!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Count me as another person puzzled by all the bad reviews. This is a perfectly good mascara, IMO, and if you care about your make up being organic, it is - so extra bonus. It made my lashes look long and dark with no clumps and lasted all day without smudging in humid weather. As a bonus, the packaging is pretty groovy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by makeuplovuhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why this got so many bad reviews! I love this stuff, it works like a charm. It makes my lashes super long with very little clumps. The price is a bit steep but I would definitely recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by DJCupcakes

Mascaras are the one product I am never faithful to, always looking for something better. I bought this in hopes of finding a decent, "greener" mascara (and more importantly, a cruelty-free one). I like the packaging: it is cute and unique, and I didn't find the cap/handle hard to hold on to. The brush is not my favorite as I'm not fond of the newfangled rubber wands; this one is alright, if excessively large.

The mascara applies well enough and without clumping. There is no smell from the product (I find some mascaras smell downright offensive) and the color is nice and dark. I got decent length and volume out of it - nothing to write home about, but serviceable. (Sadly, conventional mascaras still have this part of the market cornered; natural mascaras have never given me dramatic enough lashes for my taste.) No eye irritation throughout the day.

The staying power is my main gripe with it, though: over the course of the day, it does flake, and I would find little specks of it on my cheeks, nose, under my eyes, etc. It also does have a tendency to smudge a bit on the lower lashline, though I found that less offensive than the flaking. Unfortunately, the flaking was there from the beginning and only got worse as the tube got more and more use. I'm usually able to get about 4 or 5 months of use out of one mascara, but I found this one drying up around 2.5 or 3 months and needing to be replaced.

I'm not the sort of person to want to check my face for mascara flakes every hour, so this isn't for me. However, I can say that it did not irritate my sensitive eyes one bit, and to give it credit, I don't think I've ever found a mascara in a darker black than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by CosmeticIntuition

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG mascara- I don't understand all the negative reviews. The pink/green packaging is very cute, the brush might be a bit awkward for some people to use because of the handle shape, but it adds both volume and length while keeping my lashes feeling soft (I hate mascaras that make make my lashes feel crunchy.)
However, it is not waterproof. This isn't a problem for me.
This product is safe for sensitive eyes and contact-lens wearers. By the way, I got it for $8.74 USD at Walmart.
BUY THIS MASCARA!!!