Physicians Formula Organic Wear Fake Out Mascara

2.3

Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Water*, Glycerin*, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Beeswax*, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*, Tapioca Starch*, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Stearic Acid, Jojoba Esters, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Powder*, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract*, Ceiba Pentandra Fiber Powder, Cellulose, Nylon-10/10, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract*, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract*, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Water, Glyceryl Caprylate, Leuconostoc / Radish Root Ferment Filtrate May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

on 2/27/2015 9:47:00 PM

I don't know how or why anyone would ever like this product after trying it.

For starters, even with multiple coats, it looked like I barley had any mascara on. It was hard to tell that I had any on. Then comes the flakes. So the very little bit of mascara that was on my lashes, are now around my eyes.

There are so many cons I was going to type, but other reviewers covered everything. Just do not buy it, and you'll save yourself the frustrations I had to deal with. I threw it out after my third attempt.

on 2/27/2015 9:31:00 PM

Although it is a decent mascara, it is definitely not for everyone.

Pros:
Gives a decent volume/curl/length to the lashes.
Looks very natural.
Does not feel heavy - lashes feel very soft and you can still move/bend them with the product on.

Cons:
The brush is plastic (not my fav) and is rather large, so it is not comfortable to apply to lower lashes.
It is NOT waterproof - so don't cry, scratch your eyes, etc.
It flakes.

Overall, if you are going for a very natural look this might be OK. Otherwise, skip it!

on 2/18/2015 10:06:00 PM

Doh - should have checked the reviews before buying this one. Save your money. I've tried the Organic mascara from Physician's Formula in the past (the one in the green tube) and was underwhelmed. But I'm trying to go all natural in my makeup (once again) and decided to give this a try.
Just applied and am seriously underwhelmed. I am asian with sparse longish lashes. This didn't do very much, other than start to clump when I tried to apply a bit more.
You can barely tell I'm wearing anything - for $15 CDN I feel seriously ripped off. I think I may be done with 'natural' mascaras for now.
Edit: tried wearing this all day and it left the worst smudges under my eyes!!! Really think this needs to go in the trash! Argh what a total waste of money!!

on 2/15/2015 11:41:00 PM

Smears like crazy. Had smudges on upper lids on a very cold and dry day. Took back. Don't buy.

on 1/11/2015 5:47:00 PM

This mascara is very natural, so I will give Physicians Formula that. The wand is bulky, kind of like the Cover Girl lash blast wand. I didn't find that to be a problem, however the fact that in less than an hour of wear this stuff smudged all over is a big no no. It is not worth the price. I threw it out after trying it for about a week. No thanks, my under eye circles are bad enough without the help of this mascara.

on 12/16/2014 5:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have very sensitive eyes and I used to wear the organic wear jumbo lash mascara in the green leaf tube, which worked well for me. However, when this new one came out my local Wal-Mart stopped selling the green one. I switched to this one and it seemed to be pretty much the same as the green one except this one is supposed to have fibers in it. I had bought a lot of new products at the time and my eye irritation got pretty bad. I'm always trying different eye products to find stuff that won't irritate me. I never once thought it could be this mascara because it's organic and hypoallergenic right?! After going through several tubes of this, I recently tried a non-organic full of chemicals mascara and my eyes felt amazing! It had been this mascara irritating my eyes all along... I think the reason is because unlike the green tube, this one has fibers made from trees! Now just imagine wood fibers in or around your eyes... I'm done with organic mascara. My new one with chemicals makes my eyes feel 100x better.

I also want to add that this was extremely flaky and smudgy, but I put up with it for a long time thinking it was better for my eyes. If you blink or your eyes water a bit, it runs into them and burns really bad. The corners of my eyes always felt sticky. One time I was at a pool, and one of my friends splashed me once and it was like a bomb of black ink went off. One little splash made it run all the way down to my neck and took the phrase raccoon eyes to a whole new level!

on 8/4/2014 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Bad bad and more bad.
This was all around bad.
Large wand is ridiculous, formula was too wet, this was a bulky mess. Too pricey for this piece of junk.

on 8/1/2014 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is it, guys.
In the beginning of 2014 I found my HG mascara.
I present to you, Physician's Formula Fake Out Mascara. Hold the applause.
My lashes are thin, fine, and blonde; however, they're also extremely long. This means that the formulas for nearly every mascara on earth is too wet for me and weighs my lashes down.
Fake Out is light with a drier formula than other mascaras and the brush's little silicone bristles really work to separate my lashes so they dont clump.
This would look so natural if only it were to come in a shade of brown :(

on 7/7/2014 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love the intensity of the shade and the results but this can be a very messy mascara if you're not too careful. I find it better than the green version as this doesn't flake as much. Does however smudge so I'd avoid using it in summer.

on 6/23/2014 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

The packaging is soooo cute! And then there's nothing to rave about. It did NOTHING for my lashes except darken them. It also gives serious raccoon eyes if your eyes tear up or if you blink a lot. No thanks.