October 26, 2014 | 994 users online

Lipstick - Lipstick Queen - Saint Peachy Nude

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

I absolutely love the look of nude lipstick, but can never manage to find one that looks decent on me (NC35/40+), so I tend to stick with warmer, stronger shades of red, rust brown, orange, and fuchsia. This does not mean that my search for the perfect nude lipstick ever ends, though - so I was happy to see that my favorite lipstick brand Lipstick Queen was offering this shade, as a peachy nude sounds more promising than the grey and blue-based nudes that seem to dominate the market (and make me as though I just ate a stick of concealer). I went for the "Saint" formula in this shade...Lipstick Queen also offers it in a more matte, opaque "Sinner" version, but I love the texture of the sheerer Saint lipsticks so much that I decided to opt for it again. I was not disappointed. For a nude, supposedly sheer lipstick, Peachy Nude offers an impressive amount of coverage without any dryness at all; in fact, it almost feels like a balm. The closest shade comparison would be Bobbi Brown's Uber Beige, which is a nice, darker nude shade but much more drying than Lipstick Queen. My lips are fairly pigmented and Peachy Nude was a good bit lighter than they are...I wouldn't necessarily wear this straight out of the tube (I have yet to find a nude lipstick that permits me to do that), but with a bit of darker nude lip liner (I like Chanel's Nude) and a spot of nude gloss on top for depth, Peachy Nude is absolutely lovely. I find that it makes my teeth look very white (always a plus), and as with all of the Lipstick Queen Saint line the wearing time is impressive, particularly since these are sheer lipsticks. Definitely the most flattering nude lipstick that I have found to date - I'm only lowering the rating a bit to reflect the fact that it requires liner and gloss to achieve its full potential (yes, I'm lazy).