April 21, 2014 | 1345 users online

Lipstick - Lipstick Queen - Saint Hot Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by DonaL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Treated myself yesterday on a whim to a Lipstick Queen at Ulta. This is my first time trying the brand-I never buy high-end lipsticks, but this one justifies the expense. This goes on smooth, is long-wearing, not color changing/chapping and the color is DIVINE. Again, I've never seen the need to go beyond drugstore brands, but the lightweight "Saint" Lipstick Queen line is truly superior to Revlon's lip butters and the other d/s sheers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

Having tried just about every lipstick line on the planet (I'm only slightly exaggerating), I keep on coming back to Lipstick Queen as my tried and true favorite. While I cannot vouch for the "Sinner" line (these are more matte and opaque), I have tried and reviewed several of the Saint lipsticks and other formulas offered by this brand and they are uniformly outstanding. As one of the newer shades offered in the "Saint" line, Hot Rose is a tad sheer, but certainly offers more color than any other sheer lipsticks that I have tried (NARS and Chanel come to mind, among others). Even though the texture is so moisturizing that it feels almost like a balm, the staying power is excellent, and it pairs perfectly with Lipstick Queen's Rose lip liner (I recommend the liners from this company, too - they are very creamy and do not feather). The color is just what it sounds like: it's not a dusty or mauve rose by any means, but more like a medium fuchsia that is incredibly flattering and wearable. I can definitely see this shade working for day or evening. If you want a more dramatic version of the same shade, I would try the Sinner version of Hot Rose. Either way, it's a fantastic lipstick from a company that always manages to impress.