September 19, 2014 | 1555 users online

Lipstick - Lipstick Queen - Saint Hot Rose

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by mhanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The "Saint" version of the colors in this line go on "sheer"; the "Sinner" version of the same color goes on matt. I purchased the Saint Hot Pink color from this line because I was looking for a soft fuchsia color that was easy to wear in the summer, office appropriate and moisturizing. This l/s is perfect. I have pigmented lips but this l/s still had enough pigment to definitely show up as a fuchsia, but b/c it is sheer, it does not look too heavy to wear during the day. To me, this l/s wears like the MAC luster formulas, but, unlike MAC, it is very moisturizing and it really does have good lasting power. It will stay on for 2-3 hours without reapplication (which is good for a sheer color) but even when it fades it leaves a nice stain on the lips and the lips are still moisturized. (I just hate it when you wear a l/s and in the middle of a meeting you realize that your color has faded and you have dry scaly lips. Uck!) I do not detect any scent or fragrance. The packaging is not lux; it comes in a solid gold tube with purple lettering and it feels a bit tinny. I wish the packaging was nicer or maybe even just black. I got it for $22 USD at Bloomingdales.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by DonaL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Treated myself yesterday on a whim to a Lipstick Queen at Ulta. This is my first time trying the brand-I never buy high-end lipsticks, but this one justifies the expense. This goes on smooth, is long-wearing, not color changing/chapping and the color is DIVINE. Again, I've never seen the need to go beyond drugstore brands, but the lightweight "Saint" Lipstick Queen line is truly superior to Revlon's lip butters and the other d/s sheers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

Having tried just about every lipstick line on the planet (I'm only slightly exaggerating), I keep on coming back to Lipstick Queen as my tried and true favorite. While I cannot vouch for the "Sinner" line (these are more matte and opaque), I have tried and reviewed several of the Saint lipsticks and other formulas offered by this brand and they are uniformly outstanding. As one of the newer shades offered in the "Saint" line, Hot Rose is a tad sheer, but certainly offers more color than any other sheer lipsticks that I have tried (NARS and Chanel come to mind, among others). Even though the texture is so moisturizing that it feels almost like a balm, the staying power is excellent, and it pairs perfectly with Lipstick Queen's Rose lip liner (I recommend the liners from this company, too - they are very creamy and do not feather). The color is just what it sounds like: it's not a dusty or mauve rose by any means, but more like a medium fuchsia that is incredibly flattering and wearable. I can definitely see this shade working for day or evening. If you want a more dramatic version of the same shade, I would try the Sinner version of Hot Rose. Either way, it's a fantastic lipstick from a company that always manages to impress.