December 20, 2014 | 1138 users online

Foundations - Revlon - Nearly Naked Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by alexis789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my all time favourite foundations. Revlon has a great selection of colours (only drugstore brand to match my olive skintone). I love this foundation, it gives my skin a gorgeous, healthy glow. It does get a little oily toward the end of the day though, but nothing a little powder won't fix.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have been on the fence with this one for awhile and finally decided to try it out. I am so impressed with how invisible it is. I have dry skin and hate heavy foundations that look cakey. This literally looked like nothing was on.

I love Revlon foundations anyway so I want that surprised. This looked too dark when I purchased it but it was on sale and I figured ok last one I will try. I am NW 20 and usually 3 rd lightest in almost all foundations. This was 4th I believe in 150 nude. It matched great and seems to have more of a neutral/peach undertone. It's pretty forgiving so I was fine but next time I will go one down.

This wore for 6 hours without a problem and looked exactly the same as when it was first applied.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Dkaterina

It leaves a really smooth and natural finish, however the packaging annoys me as I pour too much out of the bottle due to it not having a pump. This is also quite pricey as its from revlon so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by gmstrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Stats: Dry, pale, slightly sun-damaged skin coated with pale freckles; acne prone
Priorities: multitasking products, natural looking skin, sun protection, moisture

For years beauty experts have given us the following advice: invest in skin care and foundation and buy dupes for the rest of your makeup. It was good advice and I carefully followed it; I joined the night repair serum cult and accumulated a modest collection of tinted moisturizers/BB creams priced at $35 and up (for 30 mL). The drug store was definitely not a place for foundation or tinted moisturizer and that was that. Lately, however, I started to become curious about drug store foundation/tinted moisturizers for two reasons: i) Several drug store products were receiving high ratings on makeupalley decreasing the positive correlation slope between quality and price and ii) more multitasking products were becoming available, i.e., products that served as foundation, moisturizer, and sunscreen.

General: So, I decided to try Revlon NN foundation in vanilla 120 and I was pleasantly surprised. I generously applied it to clean moisturized skin using my fingers--remember that generous application is needed to obtain the spf benefit--and the finish was slightly dewy with light to medium coverage. My natural skin was still visible, it didn't look like I was wearing a mask, and cake face was definitely not happening either. Amazing! It did collect in the pores around my nose just a little, but compared to other products it wasn't that bad and proper application should minimize the issue.

Issues: The main issue that I have with this product is the packaging--I would pay a dollar or two more for a good pump. Also, the shades seem to run really pink or yellow, but mixing two shades together could solve that problem. The vanilla works on me, but I want to try mixing it with the ivory to tone down the yellow a little. This is why I rated this 4 out of 5 instead of 5 out of 5.

Price: The most one would pay (in the States) for this foundation is $10 for 30 mL (1oz). This product does go on sale--in fact I purchased it 50% off. I heard that it is a dupe for Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation (which doesn't have spf and costs $40 for 30 mL), but I did not have a chance to test the product.

Take home message: give this foundation a chance if you are into tinted moisturizers/BB creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by JerseyGyrl

Let me start by saying, I don't wear liquid foundation very often ( my HG is Studio Mineral Makeup loose powder foundation). That being said, I decided to give this foundation a try because I wanted something that felt like I wasn't wearing foundation.

I am impressed with this foundation for a number for reasons. I purchased shade 110 - Ivory and it is a perfect match for my skin, I have combination skin and used Rimmel Stay Matte primer. I applied the foundation with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (damp). It went on smoothly & evenly and left a nice finish. Not super matte but, not dewy. I would say a satin finish. Using my EcoTools powder brush, I lightly dusted my t-zone with NYC Smooth Skin loose powder in Translucent. It lasted all day with very minimal shine later in the day.

The only thing I wasn't impressed with is the packaging. I wish it had a pump but, it isn't a super runny formula so, it wasn't difficult to work with. A pump would be great though.

I'm very happy with this foundation over all. Would definitely re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by alexcampbell922

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for a lighter foundation because in the colder months I get dry patches and my colorstay was clinging. I bought this and ADORED how it looked right when I put it on and set it with the matching nearly naked powder. I found that my face got super oily and shiny and it wore off after maybe 2 hours. I was torn because it's the only drugstore foundation I've found to match me perfectly (Medium Beige) and look like my skin but better. I read the ingredients to find it had JOJOBA OIL in it....my heart was shattered. I tried powdering (which I normally never have to do) to see if I could wear it but I couldn't.

If revlon came out with a version that was oil-free then I would be all over that. The glass bottle can make it messy because it's a very runny consistency but despite that it covered pretty well, it evened out my redness well. I had to put concealer over my acne scarring but I don't mind that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Michellerose04

I got this foundation as a gift from a friend and I'm a big fan of the colour stay foundation so I figured to give it a try. I have acne prone skin and this foundation is definitely build-able and did not break me out! Does make me a little oily though, have to use a setting powder

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by ImAllAboutDatFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I want to start out by saying that I really like this foundation. It has good coverage, blends well, and has a good price. I bought mine in shades caramel, warm beige, natural tan, nutmeg, and toast(not all at one time). I've foundation that the shades that match my NC42-44 skin tone are Nutmeg and Warm beige. Pros with this foundation are that it covers well, blends well, and has a good price. Cons it cause breakouts on sensitive skin, colors run a little too pink, and it has not pump. Overall, it is not that bad if you know how to work with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by missrenf

This is an okay foundation. It leaves a dewy finish, looks natural, and has beautiful consistency. It doesn't last long though, and doesn't work well with my oily skin after a few hours. The price is also kinda high, 11.99$ for a small little glass bottle of barely any foundation, and you have to dump it to get it out? Eh. I would only purchase if I had no other choice. Not my favourite

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by reggiemoon

I'm 28 with combo to oily skin, some large pores, and adult acne. I love the nearly naked pressed powder so I decided to try the liquid foundation. It is not designed for my skin type and was a greasy, streaky mess that showed off the individual pores on my cheeks and forehead. Those are best disguised not shown off. Someone with dry skin might love this but combo oily skin types aren't really compatible from the moment it goes on.