January 25, 2015 | 1573 users online

Foundations - Revlon - Nearly Naked Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2015 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Melissa151

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Am I doing something wrong here ? Most people like this .. But I thought it looked horrible !! I have dry skin... And i applied with a stippling brush ... It looked SO caked and flakey near my t zone when I looked close. Pores looked bigger and u could just see dry cracked looking skin. I guess I'll try the damp beauty blender approach but my hopes aren't too high.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2015 9:59:00 AM More reviews by bek72

This is a good all around foundation, but you gotta work with it. I mix the colors Vanilla and Natural Beige for my perfect match. I was expecting it to be light and sheer, but it is actually highly pigmented and a bit oily. The oil doesn't bother me, because my 40ish skin needs the extra moisturization. I would not use this on oily skin. This is a "true" foundation in the sense that you can't just slap it on your face. You nee a primer and a setting powder, as it tends to settle into pores and doesn't set quickly. I also find that this particular foundation is best applied lightly with a sponge rather than a brush. I think I get a better finish this way and it sets better. I can't get it to work with my foundation brush - it seems that no matter how little I use, I still need to blot off excess with tissue. Otherwise, it doesn't oxidize and really stays all day. The finish after all of the above is smooth, natural, and lets your skin show through with medium coverage. I knocked off a lippy because the bottle is messy and really needs a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2015 6:05:00 PM More reviews by juliawilson22

Overall I love this foundation. I mixed it with the true match lumi and its beautiful. I always wear a primer to help diminish pores as I think this settled a little without (don't know what doesn't) and so far it is awesome. I got it on sale okay cvs for around 3$!! It is a little pink toned on me but because I mix it, it's not a big problem. I would say this could be a dupe for the urban decay naked so yay revlon!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2015 11:31:00 AM More reviews by MegaMerci3000

Pros: This is one of my favorite foundations. Buildable coverage, great color matches for me, non drying, doesn't over exaggerate imperfections, SPF, leaves a satin finish that isn't overly dewy.

Cons: Sometimes it feels like the sheen of it feels... Metallic? Almost like there is too much of a sheen. With powder this is easy to offset.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2015 4:43:00 PM More reviews by hopejox

I realllyy love this foundation. I was using the Revlon Photoready BB cream but as it came to winter I switched to a foundation, SO glad I found this one! I love the buildable coverage and the how it applies, it has good staying power! I only apply a thin layer so this bottle will probably last forever, I would say that the packaging is unattractive - literally a glass bottle with a lid! And obviously then its awkward to get on the brush so I tip abit into the actual lid... but all in all this foundation is a must!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by mendingending

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My holy grail drugstore foundation. Buildable, beautiful finish, fantastic shade range (Revlon consistently wins on that front), and lives up to its name — you legitimately feel like you're not wearing foundation. It didn't irritate my sensitive skin in any way, and it looks great no matter if you apply it with brush, sponge, or fingers. I also love its broad spectrum SPF. Of course, if you have oily skin, this foundation will not work for you. But for normal/dry/combination skin, it's glorious. Just set with a little powder in the summer, then bask in its dewy feeling and effortless application come winter!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by alexis789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my all time favourite foundations. Revlon has a great selection of colours (only drugstore brand to match my olive skintone). I love this foundation, it gives my skin a gorgeous, healthy glow. It does get a little oily toward the end of the day though, but nothing a little powder won't fix.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have been on the fence with this one for awhile and finally decided to try it out. I am so impressed with how invisible it is. I have dry skin and hate heavy foundations that look cakey. This literally looked like nothing was on.

I love Revlon foundations anyway so I want that surprised. This looked too dark when I purchased it but it was on sale and I figured ok last one I will try. I am NW 20 and usually 3 rd lightest in almost all foundations. This was 4th I believe in 150 nude. It matched great and seems to have more of a neutral/peach undertone. It's pretty forgiving so I was fine but next time I will go one down.

This wore for 6 hours without a problem and looked exactly the same as when it was first applied.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Dkaterina

It leaves a really smooth and natural finish, however the packaging annoys me as I pour too much out of the bottle due to it not having a pump. This is also quite pricey as its from revlon so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by gmstrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Stats: Dry, pale, slightly sun-damaged skin coated with pale freckles; acne prone
Priorities: multitasking products, natural looking skin, sun protection, moisture

For years beauty experts have given us the following advice: invest in skin care and foundation and buy dupes for the rest of your makeup. It was good advice and I carefully followed it; I joined the night repair serum cult and accumulated a modest collection of tinted moisturizers/BB creams priced at $35 and up (for 30 mL). The drug store was definitely not a place for foundation or tinted moisturizer and that was that. Lately, however, I started to become curious about drug store foundation/tinted moisturizers for two reasons: i) Several drug store products were receiving high ratings on makeupalley decreasing the positive correlation slope between quality and price and ii) more multitasking products were becoming available, i.e., products that served as foundation, moisturizer, and sunscreen.

General: So, I decided to try Revlon NN foundation in vanilla 120 and I was pleasantly surprised. I generously applied it to clean moisturized skin using my fingers--remember that generous application is needed to obtain the spf benefit--and the finish was slightly dewy with light to medium coverage. My natural skin was still visible, it didn't look like I was wearing a mask, and cake face was definitely not happening either. Amazing! It did collect in the pores around my nose just a little, but compared to other products it wasn't that bad and proper application should minimize the issue.

Issues: The main issue that I have with this product is the packaging--I would pay a dollar or two more for a good pump. Also, the shades seem to run really pink or yellow, but mixing two shades together could solve that problem. The vanilla works on me, but I want to try mixing it with the ivory to tone down the yellow a little. This is why I rated this 4 out of 5 instead of 5 out of 5.

Price: The most one would pay (in the States) for this foundation is $10 for 30 mL (1oz). This product does go on sale--in fact I purchased it 50% off. I heard that it is a dupe for Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation (which doesn't have spf and costs $40 for 30 mL), but I did not have a chance to test the product.

Take home message: give this foundation a chance if you are into tinted moisturizers/BB creams.