October 24, 2014 | 1953 users online

Hair Color - Cover Your Gray Fill-in Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by LE9180

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I never appreciated my thick hair was until it started thinning, the unfortunate result of dieting for a year. I don't have any gray yet, but my newly-exposed scalp is very visibly white against my dark brown hair, especially in my part and at my temples. It's been very distressing, but this fill-in powder is a self-esteem saver!

I originally bought the $35 Wow compact, but returned it because it was too sticky (and expensive). This powder isn't sticky and is very similar to brow powder. I wish the brush were more like the stiff straight-edge brushes that come with brow powder, rather than a medium-stiff stippling brush. It would also be nice if the brush either came with a protector or fit in the compact.

I actually like that the product only lasts a day, although I wish it didn't come off on my fingers so easily when I touch my hair. Overall, I'm thrilled with how easy and effective this product is. I'm taking biotin and hoping my hair grows back, but this stuff makes me feel so much better in the meantime.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This is a dark powder that comes with a brush to cover roots. I found it in a drugstore and it comes in different colors. It's easier to apply over a large area than the mascara-type root color, and less sticky. I think this is a dupe of a Joan Rivers product--for much less money. The color lasts only for a day though--you have to reapply, as the next day most of it is gone. It helps to dampen the brush.Stlll a good item if you have the time to apply daily. (Not sure if the brand is Color Your Gray--or Irene Gari, as I've listed it under here.)