September 2, 2014 | 941 users online

Fragrances - Juliette has a Gun - Mad Madame

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Lovemygold2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a bit undecided about this one. It does smell nice, but like all of the Juliette's it did not last long on my skin. Mad Madame was the third longest lasting out of the discovery kit I purchased. Someone one once asked me what perfume smelled like sex...I think I finally found it. It has to be this one. Something dark, dirty, feminine & will keep pulling you in to sniff some more. Slightly musky smelling with a hint of floral and a soft powder smell. Makes me slightly undecided about whether or not I like it. I may buy it in the future but for now I have purchased another from the brand,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

This is a bold perfume. It's kind of in your face and makes a big statement. I was in love at first sniff. I'm a huge fan of chypre's and woody scents. You can smell the rose but it has this sensual animalistic quality. I just feel extremely feminine while wearing it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Most of the Juliette Has a Gun perfumes have been duds on me, but I absolutely love Mad Madame, Lady Vengeance, and Midnight Oud.

Mad Madame is what I was hoping Vengeance Extreme would smell like - a dark, sharp, dangerous, wild sort of rose musk. It's mostly red rose and dark & animalic musk, with hints of tuberose and slightly powdery amber (smells like the ambroxan of Not a Perfume, which I normally hate, but it's subtle here). I get a hint of earthy patchouli from it sometimes, but I can't always pick out that note.

Mad Madame is perfumey, intense and womanly, lasting all day on me with pretty good throw. It has sour, sharp qualities to it, but somehow they smell intriguing and mysterious rather than cheap or off. It is mostly a musk and rose scent, that smells warm, sultry, dark red and very femme fatale. I always feel sexy and confident whenever I wear this scent.

My husband likes this on me and says that "it smells like a woman; it smells more like perfume than most of your other perfumes." It does have a womanly, grownup, heavy perfume feel to it. Definitely perfume rather than something natural or candied, if that makes sense.

I love it, and I love the way I feel about myself when I wear Mad Madame :)