November 21, 2014 | 1624 users online

Fragrances - Juliette has a Gun - Mad Madame

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by gmstrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Mad Madame by Juliette Has A Gun is a floral chypre with a prominent rose note, but I definitely would not call this a “pink chypre”. I consider MM to be a very contemporary fragrance, but it clearly draws inspiration from traditional compositions. MM opens with strong white florals, rose oxide, and leathery notes. After about 30 seconds, a fecal note appears and then folds into the warm animalic base as a permanent fixture. The animalic aspect of MM is very suggestive, and perhaps “Busy Lady” is a more appropriate name for this fragrance. There is acidic warmth tying the rose oxide to the leathery base; the salty, tanginess is balanced by the intense perfume-y quality of the white floral and rose. Overall, I’m very impressed and consider MM to be an exemplary excursion into contemporary filth. Although this fragrance is not for me because I’m squeamish when it comes to wearing rose, I highly recommend MM.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Lovemygold2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a bit undecided about this one. It does smell nice, but like all of the Juliette's it did not last long on my skin. Mad Madame was the third longest lasting out of the discovery kit I purchased. Someone one once asked me what perfume smelled like sex...I think I finally found it. It has to be this one. Something dark, dirty, feminine & will keep pulling you in to sniff some more. Slightly musky smelling with a hint of floral and a soft powder smell. Makes me slightly undecided about whether or not I like it. I may buy it in the future but for now I have purchased another from the brand,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

This is a bold perfume. It's kind of in your face and makes a big statement. I was in love at first sniff. I'm a huge fan of chypre's and woody scents. You can smell the rose but it has this sensual animalistic quality. I just feel extremely feminine while wearing it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Most of the Juliette Has a Gun perfumes have been duds on me, but I absolutely love Mad Madame, Lady Vengeance, and Midnight Oud.

Mad Madame is what I was hoping Vengeance Extreme would smell like - a dark, sharp, dangerous, wild sort of rose musk. It's mostly red rose and dark & animalic musk, with hints of tuberose and slightly powdery amber (smells like the ambroxan of Not a Perfume, which I normally hate, but it's subtle here). I get a hint of earthy patchouli from it sometimes, but I can't always pick out that note.

Mad Madame is perfumey, intense and womanly, lasting all day on me with pretty good throw. It has sour, sharp qualities to it, but somehow they smell intriguing and mysterious rather than cheap or off. It is mostly a musk and rose scent, that smells warm, sultry, dark red and very femme fatale. I always feel sexy and confident whenever I wear this scent.

My husband likes this on me and says that "it smells like a woman; it smells more like perfume than most of your other perfumes." It does have a womanly, grownup, heavy perfume feel to it. Definitely perfume rather than something natural or candied, if that makes sense.

I love it, and I love the way I feel about myself when I wear Mad Madame :)