December 19, 2014 | 820 users online

Fragrances - I Profumi di Firenze - Brezza di Mare

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Notes of sea salt, bergamot, lemon, lime and watermelon.

I don't wear many citrus or fruity scents, but I wanted to try this for the unusual sea salt and watermelon notes, and I'm really glad that I picked this up.

I expected Brezza di Mare to be a blast of sharp citrus notes, but it's actually a rather mellow, smooth fragrance. It smells like a beach with whiffs of cool water and suntan lotion and an undertone of watermelon candy (more a mellow watermelon bubblegum than tart jolly rancher style watermelon)... only it's not as artificial and horrifying as that sounds. As it dries down, there's a zesty, delicious smelling lemon and lime coming through. Citrus can be too sharp for me, but the citrus here is like a delicious sorbet with a natural sweetness to it.

This is a very smooth, beachy scent with touches of lemon lime sorbet and watermelon. It has a fresh, clean quality about it, but it doesn't smell sharp or soapy at all.

I only have a sample size of this right now, but I'm definitely going to upgrade to a full bottle as soon as I'm able to. My husband really likes this as well (I can see it being unisex) and said it smells like frosty Sonic limeades at the ocean, lol.