July 31, 2014 | 1777 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Luminous Clean Daily Exfoliating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by repose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was actually trying to find the cream cleanser, but I grabbed this one instead. I've never regretted that, though, because this has been my go-to daily cleanser. I have combination skin that, lately, is leaning more dry. I also have so much dead skin that it borders on ridiculous. I exfoliate often, and usually with harsher, more abrasive physical exfoliants. I love this because it's so much gentler, and I can use it on a daily basis without having to worry about drying out my skin.

The texture of this cleanser is vey creamy, with small grains in it to help with physical exfolation (as opposed to chemical). It lathers well, and the consistency is somewhat slippery and very luxurious. It feels like a far more expensive product than the $6 price tag would indicate. When I use it, my skin feels much smoother and softer, and I feel like my pores look smaller. Because it is an exfoliator, scrubbing with it leaves my face a little red, but even the areas that I scrub don't get dry.

This works fantastically for my skin, and I feel that it would work just as well for most skin types. It never dries me out and it never makes me oily. I also love the squeeze tube--I'm down to the very bottom of my current bottle, and I like being able to squeeze out every bit that I can. I can't find it at Target anymore, so I'm going to have to look elsewhere. I definitely intend to buy this again, though. Using it in the morning before I put on makeup has immensely improved my skin, and I find that I hardly ever get breakouts while I'm using it. In short, this is good stuff, and I can't recommend it enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Inayah

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great gentily exfoliating daily cleanser. The clenser has a pearlescent shine and has a floral sent. It also has little exfoliating beads but they are small and their is only few of them. The cleanser cleans the skin nicely and is not harsh at all. This doesnt feel over drying. Pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was pleasantly surprised by this scrub. It's very gentle but effective. My skin is very sensitive and I've only been able to use Clinique 7-Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula a couple times a month. Well I can use this scrub a couple times a week and I have no winter dry spots. I use this and then a thick layer of Cerave Cream, then my skin just glows. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Lizzielizay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Was looking for the cream cleanser and picked up this one by accident but it turned out to be a great find! Firstly, I love that its both a cleanser and an exfoliater. I have sensitive/acne prone skin and this has made my acne better and controlled. I've tried the St. Ives Apricot Scrub and I've had a horrible experience with that, to say the least it was just to harsh for the face. On a bright note the microbreeds in this aren't too harsh which makes it great for sensitive skin because it doesn't leave your skin looking red or irritated, it's a very smooth and creamy feeling, it lathers up just enough! It also doesn't make your face stiff/dry like some products do. At the end of the day it takes off all the dirt and makeup on my face and leaves my skin looking glowy and smooth. I am defiantly going to pick up more of this at the store and recommend this to anybody looking for a cleanser or is in kind of the same situation as me!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Background- mature combo skin that easily clogs and breaks out, very sensitive. After using the regular Ponds luminous cream cleanser for several months and loving it, I picked this up the last time I was at the store. I was hesitant at first as most scrubs are too harsh for me and make my face dry and red. However I saw that this was considered gentle, and my face needed a little something more to get rid of acne scars. This has been great. Not too harsh on the exfoliation, but enough to really make my skin smoother and softer. My skin tone has improved and acne scars are fading after several weeks of using it. I use this daily at night, and use the regular Ponds luminous cleanser in the morning. Removes all makeup and sunscreen well (I'm not sure about eyes, as I take that off with oil first), and no breakouts. Rinses cleanly and face tone is more even. Great packaging and cheap price. Fragrance is subtle and has not irritated me. Will repurchase and definitely recommend this for those with sensitive combo skin. Edit 3/16/14: can no longer recommend this, over time this and the cream cleanser really irritated and dried out my skin. I have since switched to CeraVe cleansers and my skin looks better than it ever has.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by chrissyislame

I have been using St. Ives Apricot Scrub for years and I've tried other products on and off, but they all didn't measure up to St. Ives. Lately, I've been noticing that St. Ives wasn't working as well so I started looking for new products. I found Ponds Luminous Clean Cream Cleanser and was sold on buying it by all the many good reviews. I went to the store and accidentally picked up this because I forgot the name of it.
I got home and looked up the reviews about this one and saw they were mostly good and they were right. This product is amazing! It completely removes my make up and dirt. My skin looks so much better after using this! It's only been less than a week, but I love this and I will absolutely buy again! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by brainchem

Best cleanser. Very gentle, smells great. It also removes makeup along with cleaning the face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for the cream cleanser version and by accident picked this up instead. However it turned out to be a great find for me. I love that this foams and has a decent smell though it is initially strong upon application. It removed all my foundation and sunscreen, the beads were not too harsh and gently exfoliated without leaving my face dry or red, and it rinsed clean off my skin. My skin was left soft and so far it hasn't clogged my pores. For reference, I have oily but sensitive skin that is prone to congestion, acne, and eczema. I also have sebaceous filaments on my nose. It contains kaolin clay, so I think this is suitable for combo/oily types.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by kristalblair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Cleared up my acne and doesn't overdry my sensitive skin. I recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 5:03:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice product. Not drying or over-exfoliating. Surpised it's not listed here (though it may be under a different name). In any case, highly recommended.