July 31, 2014 | 2152 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by AllyDean

Due to the cooling temperatures, my skin is getting dehydrated and my summer oil stripping cleanser is getting too harsh. Having changed to the Burt's Bees cream cleanser, my skin is now less dehydrated post-cleansing. It is more expensive than other brands (I paid AUS$20) whereas Garnier was only ~AUS$12, but still quite affordable. Although I have used better cream cleanser; it was high end (La Prairie) and 4x the price of Burt's Bees. So taking that into consideration, I would highly recommend this product!

However, some minus points:
- the scent is unusually strong and I'm usually pretty ok with scented skin care, but I'm barely managing the smell, and;
- it's wash off only. I would have liked this more if there was a tissue off option (considering that this product claims to hydrate your skin - a tissue off option would have been more logical).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by joana7

Love this cleanser! I bought it because I was looking for a natural cleanser and I am VERY happy with it! It's actually similar to the Yes to Carrots cleanser, which I've also reviewed, but it has a fresher scent which is great for summer. It's so mild yet it so effective, love the fact that it doesn't have sulphates (or any nasties for that matter) yet it is supposed to be rinsed away as opposed to just removing it with a cotton pad like with so many other cream cleansers. It leaves skin clean but not dried out. Great packaging. Great value for money. It does have one downside, and that is the fact that it does not always remove eye make-up properly so I have to use a make-up remover before I proceed to washing my face with this. But I love this stuff nonetheless and I will repurchase it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by clairblue

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this because it smells wonderful, but the film it left on my face was uncomfortable & it caused my face to break out. I've had much better success with BB's Radiance cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Barbirivera

This is a very soft and gentle cream cleanser, it has a very nice and soft smell to it and I would recommend it to people who don't have problematic skin. If you're looking for dramatic change on you skin, this is not it. If you have healthy skin and you're trying to keep it that way, try this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Sarsoora

Wow. Was given a small tube of this cleanser by a friend and fell in love after the first use. Smell is lovely and light, texture is a bit runny when mixed with water and I end up having to use a bit more than ideal, but that's not a huge issue considering it was only $11 from Walgreens (as opposed to $20 at target). Most impressive, however, was this cleansers ability to STRIP my eye makeup with such ease!! It also leaves my combination skin glowing and feeling baby soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

Currently using a pretty harsh cleanser at night and this gentle one in morning. This fash wash feels creamy and smooth, and hasn't made my skin worse or better. Less flakes I think. Smells nice, all natural. I like it. But don't expect huge changes, its good for maintaining skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Wow - what a surprise! My DH got 2 small tubes for me as part of my Valentine's. I liked it so much, I went out and purchased the full size tube at Target ($17.99). This actually removes ALL my long wearing makeup and 97% of my waterproof mascara - I was FLOORED the first time I ran a toner-soaked cotton ball across my face = NO trace of my EL DW or my Maybelline SS lip stuff! HUH?? I"ve been using baby oil w/ an emulsifier which works just fine, but lately, either I've used up all the emulsifier part or it just lost its effectiveness = not rinsing as effectively. This is a nice option to have.

For now, I'm going to use this followed by a titch of my oil for my eyes and call it a night. :)

Its expensive IMO, but soooooo nice to have a readily available cleanser that actually does remove all MU, doesn't irritate my combo w/ slight rosacea skin, is FAR less messy than baby oil...thanks DH - I owe you one as I would have NEVER tried this on my own. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by wathenem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this cleanser and don't really have problems with it. Its really just a basic cream cleanser with a nice, soft texture. It rinses clean and doesn't seem to dry out my skin. Hasn't broken me out and have been using for a couple months now. Nothing else really to say, it is worth a try if you like natural face products and want to try a cream cleanser. This will do the job.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

I have combo slightly drier skin and this just made my skin feel greasy yet even drier and flakier. The scent would remain on my hands and skin which I found excessive for a facial cleanser, and I use it with a wash cloth, and then that wash cloth would smell too (which I change daily but still. . .it overpowered even the dryer sheet scent). It doesn't remove make-up very well either, and I can't use it around eyes because it's too irritating.

As you can tell - I could not get over the strong cloying fragrance, and dryness this caused and bought the sensitive cream cleanser from Burt's Bees instead which I love. I can't recommend the Intense Hydration for any skin type. However, the Sensitive cream cleanser is a much better option and I would recommend that to anyone looking for a good, non-greasy and easy to rinse cream cleanser *without* the annoying fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Michaelajmag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful cleanser for my dry,sensitive skin. I am acne prone but struggle with flakey skin, which is difficult because most cleaners for acne prone skin strip the skin of all oils. This product leaves my skin feeling moisturized after I cleanse rather than feeling tight and dry.
I have not broken out and have seen an improvement in flakiness, especially in the winter months when my skin is driest. Love this stuff and love that it's natural and affordable.