Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water, Eau), Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Parfum (Fragrance)*, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Lactobacillus, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Cera Alba (Beeswax, Cire D'abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Jojoba Esters,Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Peel, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Zinc Oxide, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Propanediol, Maltodextrin, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Arginine, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Amyl Cinnamal, Citral, Eugenol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool. *Natural Fragrance.

I came across this product during a shopping trip a while ago, and figured it might help my skin, which I had before only cleansed with the St. Ives apricot scrub (never doing that again!). The cleanser smells amazing and has a really pleasant consistency; I love using this and it makes my skin feel really fresh. It also removes any makeup left behind, which is a nice plus.

I will say though, this cleanser is great but does not fulfill its claim of being an ultra-hydrating product. The first few times I used this my skin actually felt unbearably tight and dry afterwards and I had to use a lot of moisturizer. Now that my skin is more used to it this isn’t the case, but I wouldn’t recommend buying this as something you can use in place of moisturizing after cleansing your face.

on 11/3/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Now that I use a Clarisonic facial brush with my cleansers, I tend to prefer cream formulas. It is getting colder so I thought this Intense Hydration cleanser would be a great pick for winter. The product itself comes in a nice supple squeeze tube and smells slightly of citrus. While I was happy to see a 99% natural ingredient list with great active ingredients like clary sage, this cleanser felt like a weird film on my skin. It does not lather which only adds to the discomfort. After cleansing, my skin did not feel totally clean nor did it feel highly moisturized. I felt no difference in my skin after continued use of this product. My face still felt kind of tight and dry. Next time, I will opt for a foaming cleanser.

on 6/8/2014 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Due to the cooling temperatures, my skin is getting dehydrated and my summer oil stripping cleanser is getting too harsh. Having changed to the Burt's Bees cream cleanser, my skin is now less dehydrated post-cleansing. It is more expensive than other brands (I paid AUS$20) whereas Garnier was only ~AUS$12, but still quite affordable. Although I have used better cream cleanser; it was high end (La Prairie) and 4x the price of Burt's Bees. So taking that into consideration, I would highly recommend this product!

However, some minus points:
- the scent is unusually strong and I'm usually pretty ok with scented skin care, but I'm barely managing the smell, and;
- it's wash off only. I would have liked this more if there was a tissue off option (considering that this product claims to hydrate your skin - a tissue off option would have been more logical).

on 5/23/2014 4:18:00 PM

Love this cleanser! I bought it because I was looking for a natural cleanser and I am VERY happy with it! It's actually similar to the Yes to Carrots cleanser, which I've also reviewed, but it has a fresher scent which is great for summer. It's so mild yet it so effective, love the fact that it doesn't have sulphates (or any nasties for that matter) yet it is supposed to be rinsed away as opposed to just removing it with a cotton pad like with so many other cream cleansers. It leaves skin clean but not dried out. Great packaging. Great value for money. It does have one downside, and that is the fact that it does not always remove eye make-up properly so I have to use a make-up remover before I proceed to washing my face with this. But I love this stuff nonetheless and I will repurchase it!

on 5/14/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this because it smells wonderful, but the film it left on my face was uncomfortable & it caused my face to break out. I've had much better success with BB's Radiance cleanser.

on 5/13/2014 1:57:00 PM

This is a very soft and gentle cream cleanser, it has a very nice and soft smell to it and I would recommend it to people who don't have problematic skin. If you're looking for dramatic change on you skin, this is not it. If you have healthy skin and you're trying to keep it that way, try this.

on 3/23/2014 7:23:00 PM

Wow. Was given a small tube of this cleanser by a friend and fell in love after the first use. Smell is lovely and light, texture is a bit runny when mixed with water and I end up having to use a bit more than ideal, but that's not a huge issue considering it was only $11 from Walgreens (as opposed to $20 at target). Most impressive, however, was this cleansers ability to STRIP my eye makeup with such ease!! It also leaves my combination skin glowing and feeling baby soft.

on 3/23/2014 2:40:00 PM

Currently using a pretty harsh cleanser at night and this gentle one in morning. This fash wash feels creamy and smooth, and hasn't made my skin worse or better. Less flakes I think. Smells nice, all natural. I like it. But don't expect huge changes, its good for maintaining skin.

on 3/22/2014 1:35:00 PM

Wow - what a surprise! My DH got 2 small tubes for me as part of my Valentine's. I liked it so much, I went out and purchased the full size tube at Target ($17.99). This actually removes ALL my long wearing makeup and 97% of my waterproof mascara - I was FLOORED the first time I ran a toner-soaked cotton ball across my face = NO trace of my EL DW or my Maybelline SS lip stuff! HUH?? I"ve been using baby oil w/ an emulsifier which works just fine, but lately, either I've used up all the emulsifier part or it just lost its effectiveness = not rinsing as effectively. This is a nice option to have.

For now, I'm going to use this followed by a titch of my oil for my eyes and call it a night. :)

Its expensive IMO, but soooooo nice to have a readily available cleanser that actually does remove all MU, doesn't irritate my combo w/ slight rosacea skin, is FAR less messy than baby oil...thanks DH - I owe you one as I would have NEVER tried this on my own. ;)

on 2/26/2014 9:47:00 PM

I like this cleanser and don't really have problems with it. Its really just a basic cream cleanser with a nice, soft texture. It rinses clean and doesn't seem to dry out my skin. Hasn't broken me out and have been using for a couple months now. Nothing else really to say, it is worth a try if you like natural face products and want to try a cream cleanser. This will do the job.