April 19, 2014 | 1707 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Sarsoora

Wow. Was given a small tube of this cleanser by a friend and fell in love after the first use. Smell is lovely and light, texture is a bit runny when mixed with water and I end up having to use a bit more than ideal, but that's not a huge issue considering it was only $11 from Walgreens (as opposed to $20 at target). Most impressive, however, was this cleansers ability to STRIP my eye makeup with such ease!! It also leaves my combination skin glowing and feeling baby soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

Currently using a pretty harsh cleanser at night and this gentle one in morning. This fash wash feels creamy and smooth, and hasn't made my skin worse or better. Less flakes I think. Smells nice, all natural. I like it. But don't expect huge changes, its good for maintaining skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Wow - what a surprise! My DH got 2 small tubes for me as part of my Valentine's. I liked it so much, I went out and purchased the full size tube at Target ($17.99). This actually removes ALL my long wearing makeup and 97% of my waterproof mascara - I was FLOORED the first time I ran a toner-soaked cotton ball across my face = NO trace of my EL DW or my Maybelline SS lip stuff! HUH?? I"ve been using baby oil w/ an emulsifier which works just fine, but lately, either I've used up all the emulsifier part or it just lost its effectiveness = not rinsing as effectively. This is a nice option to have.

For now, I'm going to use this followed by a titch of my oil for my eyes and call it a night. :)

Its expensive IMO, but soooooo nice to have a readily available cleanser that actually does remove all MU, doesn't irritate my combo w/ slight rosacea skin, is FAR less messy than baby oil...thanks DH - I owe you one as I would have NEVER tried this on my own. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by wathenem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this cleanser and don't really have problems with it. Its really just a basic cream cleanser with a nice, soft texture. It rinses clean and doesn't seem to dry out my skin. Hasn't broken me out and have been using for a couple months now. Nothing else really to say, it is worth a try if you like natural face products and want to try a cream cleanser. This will do the job.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

I have combo slightly drier skin and this just made my skin feel greasy yet even drier and flakier. The scent would remain on my hands and skin which I found excessive for a facial cleanser, and I use it with a wash cloth, and then that wash cloth would smell too (which I change daily but still. . .it overpowered even the dryer sheet scent). It doesn't remove make-up very well either, and I can't use it around eyes because it's too irritating.

As you can tell - I could not get over the strong cloying fragrance, and dryness this caused and bought the sensitive cream cleanser from Burt's Bees instead which I love. I can't recommend the Intense Hydration for any skin type. However, the Sensitive cream cleanser is a much better option and I would recommend that to anyone looking for a good, non-greasy and easy to rinse cream cleanser *without* the annoying fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Michaelajmag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful cleanser for my dry,sensitive skin. I am acne prone but struggle with flakey skin, which is difficult because most cleaners for acne prone skin strip the skin of all oils. This product leaves my skin feeling moisturized after I cleanse rather than feeling tight and dry.
I have not broken out and have seen an improvement in flakiness, especially in the winter months when my skin is driest. Love this stuff and love that it's natural and affordable.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by mzcharmaine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have really dry flay skin at the moment and was really hoping to love this cleanser but it stung my face so bad even though I don't consider myself as having sensitive skin. The smell was over powering. Nice texture but doesn't wash off completely, leaves a small amount of residue. Only used for a couple of days and threw it out. Good packaging and price though. Just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by kate10662

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very dry skin, but can get occasional breakouts. I use this cleanser in the mornings, to take off my greasy nighttime moisturizer (waxlene, which is also a great product). It takes it off well, and doesn't leave my skin as tight and dry feeling as other cleansers. It does a decent job of removing my makeup if I use it at night, but I wear very little makeup so that doesn't mean much. I also seem to break out more rarely than with previous cleansers. The texture is definitely a cream, and the smell is refreshing and natural smelling. I also like that most of the ingredients are natural. Overall, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by ShooShooSaidTheMaiden

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am pleasantly surprised by this cleanser! I have EXTREMELY dry skin and the only cleansers I have ever used that didn't dry me out were cleansing oils. I love cleansing oils, however, I do not love using them with my Clarisonic brush. The oils stay on the brush and it's super hard to clean, so I've been searching for something to use with my brush that won't ruin it or dry out my skin. This cleanser is PERFECT. Super hydrating, works great with my brush. Two thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cleanser works really, really well. It takes off all my makeup and is probably the only cleanser I have ever used (really!) that doesn't dry out my dry-combo, sensitive skin. I think my skin is sensitive to cleanser especially for some reason, and even my previous HG, the Burt's Bees Radiant Cleanser, would sometimes make my face a little tight afterwards, like my skin still felt kinda, I don't know, too thin? I'm not sure how else to describe it. I almost didn't realize it until I tried this one and my face felt just NORMAL after washing my face. I actually think maybe this is what people mean when they say it leaves a film- for me, it leaves a layer of moisture behind that I really need. I can totally see why someone with oilier skin (or even normal skin) wouldn't like that. But it is so nice to wash my face and rinse it and just feel my face is comfortable, without having to slather on moisturizer. Actually, I've noticed that since I started using this, my mild acne breakouts starting going away and healing almost immediately and I haven't have a pimple since (*knock on wood*). I think that my previous routine was drying my skin a bit and hurting its defens
es and thus acne was occurring? I'm not exactly sure but I'm pleased!

Something to note though, this cleanser has a strong scent. I don't mind it at all (especially since it works so well, it could smell like skunk for all I care, lol) but if you're sensitive to fragrance in products then just know this has a very strong floral-type scent. Also, you will have to massage it around a lot to remove makeup and rinse several times to remove it fully. But it will take off your makeup! I've followed up with toner once or twice to test it and not a lick of makeup showed up. Yay!

edit 8/12/13: So after a little while I did start to notice a few clogged pores and discovered that this can be hit or miss in terms of taking off my makeup (it probably depends on the kind of makeup, like a little fdtn would be fine but my bb cream, not so much). I'm keeping the 5 stars because I think it will be nice to use as a morning cleanser and at night in the wintertime when I'm not wearing heavy sunscreen and need the extra moisture. but for now, I will probably stick with my Burt's Bees radiance cleanser, always a safe bet.