July 24, 2014 | 1945 users online

Styling Products - Ouidad - Curl Quencher Hydrafusion Intense Curl Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this is a very moisturizing curl cream and it boosts softness, I find that it lacks frizz control for me at certain times (more suitable for higher dew points) and doesn't help with curl definition. I did buy the formulation for tighter curls as my hair is curly and thick, so that could be a reason. Perhaps it was too heavy for my hair. It does mix well with some of my other stylers for more hold. I really wanted to like this but it doesn't really wow me enough to buy it again. If you are looking for a moisturizing styling cream with little hold, you may like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by RosemaryThyme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before Hydrafusion I was using up to five styling products on my hair to keep it contained. Now I use this with Ouidad's Mongongo Oil and I am good. It adds extra conditioning and leaves my curls soft and well-defined, as promised. Crunchy curls - gone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This gives outstanding definition and luster to my coarse, dry 3b/a curls. It's an excellent detangler. It feels as light as Moisture Lock Leave-in Conditioner, and it creates shape with no poof. I use 2-4 pumps and rake it through wet hair. I can add a tiny squirt of this on dry hair as well, to hold down any clumps that stick up or look bumpy. I can get second/third day hair with the cream during dry weather, and I've found it reactivates well with Ouidad Botanical Boost spray or even just a little water. I need to constrain moisture on my hair to keep it from getting too dry, so a couple of hours after applying the Cream to wet hair I add a light touch of Climate Control Gel to seal the curl set. (If I'm in the mood for really defined, extra-held curls, I use Ouidad Tress Effects Gel instead of the Climate Control Gel.) I continually love the look and feel I get with this Cream plus the Climate Control Gel. This Cream works for my hair as a 2-in-1 leave-in plus styler, even after co-washing/cleansing, so I don't need extra rinse-out or leave-in conditioners. This Curl Cream is wonderful for bounce and softness and I can't get over the shine.