Ouidad Curl Quencher Hydrafusion Intense Curl Cream

4.3

on 11/26/2014 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a quality product I can use for various different purposes. My curl pattern is weak, and along with my fine texture and high density, I need a product that can offer stronger hold then this can give on it's own for good control, but that's no surprise for me in the world of curl creams. My usual way of using this is as a leave in conditioner, on clean wet hair, under my usual hair gels. It adds a serious punch of moisture and curl boosting without any yucky feel or heaviness. Layers well with other products.

I've also really been enjoying this product on it's own when I'm in the mood for looser curls.(I actually love my curl pattern when it's loose and unkept, but it doesn't hold up to the elements in the long run). I apply to clean wet hair out of the shower, brush through, then tie my hair up in a sleek top knot and let it dry all day. It holds my hair up in place and the result is loose, soft, flowing curls once my hair is dry and taken down.

Smells great, too.

on 4/6/2013 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

While this is a very moisturizing curl cream and it boosts softness, I find that it lacks frizz control for me at certain times (more suitable for higher dew points) and doesn't help with curl definition. I did buy the formulation for tighter curls as my hair is curly and thick, so that could be a reason. Perhaps it was too heavy for my hair. It does mix well with some of my other stylers for more hold. I really wanted to like this but it doesn't really wow me enough to buy it again. If you are looking for a moisturizing styling cream with little hold, you may like this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Before Hydrafusion I was using up to five styling products on my hair to keep it contained. Now I use this with Ouidad's Mongongo Oil and I am good. It adds extra conditioning and leaves my curls soft and well-defined, as promised. Crunchy curls - gone.

on 12/16/2012 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This gives outstanding definition and luster to my coarse, dry 3b/a curls. It's an excellent detangler. It feels as light as Moisture Lock Leave-in Conditioner, and it creates shape with no poof. I use 2-4 pumps and rake it through wet hair. I can add a tiny squirt of this on dry hair as well, to hold down any clumps that stick up or look bumpy. I can get second/third day hair with the cream during dry weather, and I've found it reactivates well with Ouidad Botanical Boost spray or even just a little water. I need to constrain moisture on my hair to keep it from getting too dry, so a couple of hours after applying the Cream to wet hair I add a light touch of Climate Control Gel to seal the curl set. (If I'm in the mood for really defined, extra-held curls, I use Ouidad Tress Effects Gel instead of the Climate Control Gel.) I continually love the look and feel I get with this Cream plus the Climate Control Gel. This Cream works for my hair as a 2-in-1 leave-in plus styler, even after co-washing/cleansing, so I don't need extra rinse-out or leave-in conditioners. This Curl Cream is wonderful for bounce and softness and I can't get over the shine.

Popular Styling Products