October 23, 2014 | 1980 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil More

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Surprisingly wonderful shade on my naturally dark lips. Two of my coworkers who have lighter complexions and rosier lips tried this on as well, but it pulled orange on them. On me, it's the perfect nude. I also love the finish that's more of a balm than a gloss - has a touch of stickiness, but isn't too shiny - and much more pigmented than I expected. My lips are not a uniform color so I have a hard time wearing sheer shades without it looking patchy. This is pigmented enough to completely cover all those patchy areas like a true cream lipstick would. Love it. I will look into the other colors as well as buy a backup or two of this one. One thing I'd change about the design is to have it twist up like Clinique's chubby sticks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of these Velvet Gloss pencils, so I say I won't repurchase strictly for the color. NARS calls it auburn, but on my pale lips its like a true terra cotta color :(
Like 90s lip, I bought this the other day hoping for like a strawberry beige, but no. Warm yellowy brown with red. True terracotta color. Formula is great though.