December 19, 2014 | 1516 users online

Cleansers - Superdrug - Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by wizzie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Read all the glowing reports and thought I'd give it a go - plus it was on offer at 2.99.

All I can say is that it's a 'medium OK' as although it cleanses the skin, you still need to use an eyemakeup remover to get rid of mascara/dark pigment eyeshadow/liner.

Overall average, so I'm still searching for the one great wash-off cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by LittleSallyRacket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product when I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish - and for me, this actually beats Liz Earle hands-own.

It has a nice thick, spreadable texture that feels soft and calming on the skin, and does a fantastic job of removing make-up, including heavy eye make-up and full foundation. It comes with a cloth, which is always handy, and buffs off nicely and cleanly with the cloth, without leaving any oily residue.

I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin, and this cleanser really does 'brighten' as it promises and has helped to reduce my acne as well as clearing/preventing blackheads. It's gentle, too - some brightening products can be harsh and over-exfoliating on the skin but not this one. Easily as good a cleanser three times the price - it's become a real favourite with me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by ZainabPatel

I've used this for a while and it is very good. It smells great first of all. It's very creamy and at first I thought it would clog my pores but it hasn't. I do still get spots but only when it's the time of the month. It's a lovely and very cheap product and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by cindysins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Having used Liz Earle's Cleanse and polish in the past and liked it i was looking for a comparable alternative after Liz Earle sold out to Avon Cosmetics.

So I picked this up in Superdrug recently, on offer at half price meaning it was only 2.99. I'm looking for a budget replacement for my Cleanse and Polish and this has been touted online as one very budget friendly option.

Initial signs are good; the cleanser is a nice thick, creamy consistency and smells great. The cloth which comes with the pack seems very similar to the ones I have from Liz Earle and the general feel of the product is not too far from Cleanse and Polish at all. After using it a few times I have found the cloth is quite a bit rougher than the LE ones I have, not necessarily a major down side but you can feel the difference in quality, the Superdrug cloth seems a little thinner and definitely slightly more scratchy on my face.

It certainly seems to do a good job of removing make up and cleansing my face, the one thing I did notice was that after I had used it my skin did feel a tiny bit tight and like I needed to put moisturiser on, often with Cleanse and Polish I almost forget to moisturise as my skin feels so nice and elastic right out of the shower. That is really the main difference I have found with these products other than the slightly rougher cloth.

If money were no object would I swap to this from Cleanse and Polish? Probably not, they're similar products with the Superdrug version being a tiny bit less brilliant for me whereas Cleanse and Polish really does tick all the boxes. Is it a great budget beauty item that I will continue to use and might buy again? Definitely, for the price this is a great cleanser and being reminded that you should apply a moisturiser after washing your face is no great downside, and it really does smell delicious.

So if you're in the market for a hot cloth cleanser and don't want to stretch to Liz Earle prices then this is a great little alternative to try out the technique and see if it's something you like.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by vt77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Terrible product, gave me a very bad rash on my cheeks and neck. Having had a similar reaction to Simple's cleansing wipes, I think it may be an allergy to Tocopheryl Acetate, which I have now found out is a common irritant. Great ingredient for 'natural' products.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really don't know what I was on to give the review below. I've had to downsize this to a 1 lipstick. The first tube was fine, but now after a long break I have cracked open another and no. Just no. This has broken me out, no little pimples no, big off glow orbs on my face. So a major fail. I have no idea why the first tube was right and the second was sooo wrong. Anyway not like Liz Earle Hot Cloth blah blah, that has never broken me out...

This is reminiscent of that much hyped Liz Earle cleanser, although I think much better.

It does have an ingredient list that looks a bit scary, how many extracts is necessary? The scent is a bit strong, mainly mulberry, but I like it. Reminds me of my grandmother preening and putting on her Liz Taylor eyebrows.....

This spreads much easier than the other cleanser, is nicer to massage in and take off. Although the muslin cloth that comes with it has a low thread count, it is huge and it can be swapped for a flannel.

We have just experienced 'the beast from the east' weather speaking, and we have plummeting temperatures to face, this cleanser will take off the days impurities, SS, makeup and leave my face clean and soft with no tightness. Admittedly I will use a gentle foaming cleanser afterwards if I feel my face needs it. However in the morning and if my face just feels dehydrated from the heating then I will use this and all is restored.

After using this for a week I went and bought another, after all the price was amazing, �2.99! (introductory offer 5.99 after, but they rarely sale items at full price) So this should see me through to spring. I do have an array of cleansers that I like to use as my skin sees fit. As a winter cleanser this is a winner.

FYI I have combo oily skin, acne prone, sensitive with dehydration issues... Lol.

So anyone travelling to UK, pick up a tube of this.