April 16, 2014 | 962 users online

Treatments - MISSHA - Night Repair Science Activator Ampoule

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by lanihime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have been using this for 6 months, and been using the full Missha Time Revolution series at night for 3 months.

This serum is supposed to be a copy cat type serum of Lancome's Genefique or Estee Lauders Advanced Night Recovery (ANR). I cannot continue using ANR due to my rosacea which will flare up anytime I use it so I cannot compare. I got this serum as a cheaper alternative to Genefique, which I loved and used in the past.

This serum is a gel-lotion type consistency with a light fragrance. Within the first week of use, my deeper wrinkles by my neck looked like they were smoothing out however there hasn't been very much change in my very fine wrinkles on my forehead. The most noticeable change in my skin has been a reduction in my visible pores and a general evening out of the texture of my skin. Since I suffer from rosacea on one cheek, I would say that this product has not irritated my skin at all and has help minimize the look of bumps on my cheek.

I believe that Genefique is slightly superior in that it works faster to give results. I found my skin had a bit more of a glow (not that's it's necessarily dull/dry or flaky now). However, that said I believe the "glow" that my skin had was probably more due to switching to the Time Revolution moisturizer. From some internet searching, I believe that Missha has a lower concentration of the active ingredients which may attribute to this.
It's also unfortunate that with both products, once I stopped using either, I will notice the effects start fading.

Final verdict:
I would recommend this over Genefique for the younger age range looking to fight wrinkles (30-45) especially because of the price!

In Canada, Genefique $125/50ml, Missha $50/50ml

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Tine12Tung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I buy this travel size bottle and i love it. It makes my skin smooth and my pore is shrink. so before i finish my small bottle, i purchase the full size bottle.

I love the packaging, look very elegant and It comes with a dropper so application is pretty precise and simple.

This serum a bit sticky but that's not a problem for me because i used it only at night before go to sleep. Made my skin oily when i woke up but when i touch it feel really smooth. I personally think this suit very well for dry skin or mature skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE 30 may 2013:
My mom still loves this, while I can only use this about a 7 days in a rw before my face gets a little tired of it and I have to take a little break. I can also use it every other day, without taking breaks. I like this better for winter, when my skin needs more moisture. Now, for summer, I use Hadalabo Shirojyun Deep Whitening Lotion, which is a totally amazing product for me. Review here:
UPDATE 18.April 2013:
I haven't used this religiously because I had some problems with my skin because of some other skincare I used. Got back to this again - it fades my post-blemish pigmentation quite well - applied for 4 days in a row I could already see a difference and got no irritation. I have also bought more as I'm soon out of this as I use it all over my face. Will update later, after using consecutively for a longer period. For me this is currently a good every-night option of acid instead of using a stronger acid a few times a week.
UPDATE 10 Jan 2013:
This does get rid of some small wrinkles and keeps my skin around the eyes nice and hydrated. I know that most people won't apply this to their eye-area, but hey, if it works, why not? Be careful to not get it in the eyes - it will sting pretty bad. This one doesn't bother the sensitive thin skin under my eyes and my mom, who has VERY sensitive skin, also uses it without any problems :) I have noticed that since beginning to use this I have never woken up with bad undereye circles and it seems to get rid of undereye bags very effectively :) My mom, who usually had pretty big bags every morning due to not having the best kidneys also got rid of those bags.
END OF UPDATE
I found it a bit nasty in consistency - I had expected a thin serum, maybe slightly oily even, but this was thicker than expected and sticky! I applied my regular night moisturizer over and went to bed.
When I woke up today... the small wrinkles around my eyes were almost gone! I'm only 21, but my skin is dry and small wrinkles therefore has a tendency to appear during the winter, no matter how good my moisturizer is. My skin looked calmed, pores were small (as before) - sometimes my pores get bigger after application of an oily serum, my skin was also very soft, although I can't call it rough at all in general. This serum really seems to work!
At this point I wanted to research what was in this that could've had such an amazing effect just overnight! I found out that this actually has really good ingredients. It has lactic acid, which is an exfoliator, which is probably one of the things that made my skin so soft. Other products that this has been compared to is Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Serum and L�ncome's Genifique, but if you analyse their ingredients on cosdna.com, Missha's serum has better ingredients, although MANY more. I don't really care about a big ingredient's list - the saying that products with many ingredients are more likely to cause problems is based on that there's a bigger chance to find an ingredient you may react to if there are more to choose between. I don't really care - I'm just going to test this out and see if I react to this whole mixture.
It also says that this is:
Paraben-free, Colorants free, Fragrance free, Mineral oil free, Alcohol free, Benzophenon free, Doesn�t contain any ingredients derived from animals.
Comparison of Missha's, L�ncome's and Estee Lauder's serums in this blog entry: