Maybelline Color Tattoo - Barely Branded

4.2

I like this product, it works great as an eyeshadow base and I also like to layer it over other color tattoos (tough as taupe, inked in pink) to lighten up the eye and produce an easy smokey eye look.

Its a pale cream colour, and applies patchily which is why I won't be repurchasing it.

You don't use a lot of this product on your eyes so that little pot lasts a looooonnnng time. I've had mine for nearly two years now and I still haven't used it all up, the formula is good to go and it doesn't cause problems. I've been using it nearly every day for the last six months in an attempt to use it all up and I've still got a lot of product left. I've found that the more you use these color tattoos the more they stay soft and easy to use, so keep stirring and using them.

I have been using this as a base as well, put it over the eyelid to lighten up the eye, then use some powder eyeshadows to give the overall look some depth (neutrals as transitions, on outer eye), but I'm sure it will go well with bright colours as well. For someone looking for a cheap and cheerful low maintenance white cream eyeshadow, this does the job nicely.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This cream shadow didn't work for me. After 4 hours you couldn't see anything on my lids. The color is gone. This is one of those products where its better to buy the more expensive cream shadow. Even for under a shadow it didn't last.

Pros:
1. Wonderful packaging. Similar to MAC's paint pots.
2. Affordable price
3. Great pigmentation (shimmery champagne)
4. Serves as a good eye shadow base and brow highlighter
5. A little goes a long way

Cons:
1. Too much product can make it cakey and hard to blend out
2. This is best applied with a finger. Brushes can't blend out a cream product as dense as this one.
3. After about 5-6 hours, the product tends to clump along the crease (a primer can probably help with this situation depending on how oily your lids can be)
4. Like any other cream product, this one can dry up on the pan after several months from opening.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I initially purchased this shade because I heard that it was a dupe for Benefit's Watt's Up highlighter. I tried it on my cheekbones and it oxidized into a gold color that doesn't suit my NC15-20 skintone. I've never used cream shadows in the past, but this one is quite nice when I tried it as an eye shadow. It's not very noticeable, but it adds a nice 'hint of shimmer' that can be worn alone or with liner and mascara. I have found that it does crease after some time and it gets a little chunky if you over apply. It works best when applied in a light, sheer layer.

overall, i think this product is ok.

first of all, i feel like this is a bit of a dupe of MAC's paint pots, but doesn't apply anywhere near as evenly and needs to be built up in order to get a really vibrant colour. it also doesn't last as long, but still has ok staying power. however, it's less than half the price of a paint pot so it's pretty good for what you pay!

i'm fairly fair skinned (MAC N1) and i got this shade under the impression that it was a nice nude shimmery colour, but it's veeeery gold on pale skin. overall though, it's a pretty colour that applies ok, can be very vibrant, and lasts for a while. i'm just not sure if it's worth the hype!

pros:
- pretty colour (but appears super gold on pale skin)
- lasts a while (but definitely not to 'tattoo' lengths)
- good value for money

cons:
- doesn't apply very evenly
- weak colour unless you build it up

I really, really like this product. While making a great base for eye shadows, I've worn it straight up by itself over a plain primer and it not only lasted all day, it looked just as good at the start of the day as at the finish. Very buildable too. My only tiny little beef with it is that it's a bit difficult to apply. Fingers work best with it, but if you want to be precise it's sort of challenging. The pros far out weigh that tiny con though, it's lovely. I need more shades.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a nice everyday light champagne gold neutral. It has a nice creamy texture and its smooth in application. It's not that metallic its more of a beautiful sheen. I like using my fingers to apply it. It has a sheer application but I put 2 layers on to build it up. It's a perfect base for a neutral eye or if you want a gold or champagne powder eye shadow to pop more. Its very long lasting for my oily eyelids. It lasts 10-12 hours depending on what eye shadows I use on before it creases. After 10 hours I don't see any fading. It can also be worn alone. When I'm out of this I will rebuy it. If your a fan of champagne eye shadows and bases I would highly recommend this.

Pretty but basic champagne gold cream eyeshadow. Really nice staying power -- after drying, it doesn't budge. But the color itself is nothing special. It's a dupe for lots of other shades that you probably already own.

$6 for 4 grams of product in a heavy glass pot at CVS.

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

Love the colour! It's perfect for when I want to do really subtle natural makeup. I also like to use it as a highlighter under my brows! Works really well!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this because I read it worked well as an eyeshadow base on other reviews. that ended up not being the c as e, it made my shadow stay better than with no primer, but not nearly as well as with primer. however, this is not a base, but a shadow so I can't hold that against it. the color is beautiful and looks great and subtle on its own. I just apply it with my finger all over the lid and blend upwards towards my brow. I can say the staying power of the actual shadow is good, because even though the shadow I applied over it was wearing ofd, you could see the champagne shimmer underneath still. i wouldn't say it woukd last 24 hours, but it got me through an 8 hour work day no problem and was on for hours after I came home. did not notice any creasing either. I didn't intend to buy this as shadow, but it's a decent product so I'm not upset about it.