December 20, 2014 | 1601 users online

Blush - Becca - Beach Tint Dragonfruit

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ivy1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm normally a drugstore makeup buyer; I cringe at spending more than 7 or 8 dollars - max - for any one item of makeup. But this blusher...well, I love it too much to substitute anything else cheaper for it now that I've used it. I have dry, very warm-toned, fair skin. I moisturize with my goat's milk skin cream, then apply the tint - it takes only a teeny little bit to sufficiently color the apples of my cheeks - and then dust a transluscent powder lightly over it. It looks sooooo natural, which is the only look I want; I want my face to look naturally flushed and the color to last all day, and this does it like nothing else I have EVER used in my life. I was in a real quandry choosing the color at first; I chose it online and had to read lots of reviews. Being very warm-toned, I need the pink to counteract the yellow in my skin. I look good in red, which made me consider the watermelon, but I was worried it would look too orangey on me. I don't know if that would be the case, I've only used the dragonfruit, but I am very happy with this color. It is just pink enough, but also has some red, which, for me, creates that natural flushed look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by stupidstarfish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've previously bought Becca Beach Tint in Watermelon, but the colour was too red on me. So I've recently gotten the Beach Tint in Dragonfruit, which is more of a rich rosy-pink colour. I'm absolutely in love with this colour. It's just perfect for my complexion, since I need a pink base rather than a warm red base. I actually can't think of a colour that has ever suited me better. (And I've previously used Benetint, Posietint, The Body Shop Cheek Lip Tint, and countless powder blushes).

What I love most about the Becca beach tints is their consistency. They aren't watery like other cheek-lip tints. These have some coverage, and are so easy to blend. They stay on after a day of sweating in the Australian sun, and are waterproof. I remember walking through the rain, and was surprised to find that the tint stayed on. The other creamy cheek-lip tint out there is Benefit's Posietint (which I bought recently as well), but Posietint isn't as pigmented and doesn't show up much on my lips, whereas Becca's tints are so thick you can build up a very rich colour on the lips with multiple applications.

I love using this tint for the 'no-make up' look. It's subtle enough to pass as a natural flush, and people don't realise I'm wearing blush when I use this.

I paid $42 for this at David Jones. The price might seem a bit steep, but it's justified by how long the product lasts. The one I previously bought (in Watermelon) still has about 30% left after a year of being used. And since Dragonfruit seems to be even more pigmented than Watermelon, it'll probably last even longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by kaykre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Becca Beach Tints are a multi-use cream stain product that can be used on the cheeks and lips. They claim to be water-resistant and kiss-proof and they smell just like their names.

Because I live in a very hot climate, these are a holy grail product for me. They stay on all day, come in a beautiful range of colors, can be used as blush and lip color, and I don't need a brush to apply. Unlike many cream and liquid blushes, these aren't greasy or oily at all. They dry down and set pretty quickly and I can't feel them on my skin.

Dragonfruit is a bright, warm pink. It is actually more pigmented than most of the other Beach Tints. I have uploaded swatches of the 8 shades I own (they are also posted under other Beach Tint reviews as well).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Dragonfruit is by far my favourite Beach Tint of the few I've tried. It's a warm, bright pink that mimics the way my face naturally flushes and looks super flattering on my medium warm Asian skintone (NC30 in MAC, Olive in Becca's Luminous Skin Colour). Unlike the older Beach Tints, Dragonfruit doesn't have a problem of separating in the tube. The texture also seems a little thicker, but it blends into the skin effortlessly whether you use your fingers or a brush (I like using the MAC 187 for the fastest and most blended result). You only need a rice grain sized drop of product for each cheek, so although the tube is small, it'll last ages. On the lips, Dragonfruit enhances my pigmented reddish-pink lips and makes them pop while still looking natural. Becca's Beach Tints last very well on my normal-dry skin with or without powder. Because Dragonfruit is easy to blend but also very pigmented and buildable, I think it would suit a huge range of skintones.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No