April 20, 2014 | 1871 users online

Treatments - L'Oreal - Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A very thick, creamy, pudding-like conditioner that smells lovely and works nicely to soften hair. My hair is untreated and pretty healthy, but as I get older I can tell that my hair is getting a bit coarser (yay for a few grey strands) and this is a nice treat a couple times a week to silken and soften and detangle. Even though though the product is thick, it would still be better in a squeeze tube instead of a tub (more sanitary, takes up less shelf space), but overall this is a decent, affordable, and recommended conditioner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I generally don't like deep conditioners because I find most weigh my hair down and don't benefit it anymore than a moisturizing conditioner does. This stuff has changed my opinion of deep conditioners and repairing treatments, it is truly awesome.

I have fine, thin color-treated hair that is blow dried and ironed every day. I'm constantly on the hunt for new conditioners to try that can smooth and moisturize without making my hair limp or greasy looking. I already have a few that do a good job of meeting all of my needs, but, like most women, I'm always hoping to find that HG product to add to my routine. This is one of those products. It really does make a lasting difference in the appearance of my hair, I need to use 2-3xs a week in order to keep it looking its healthiest, but that's fine with me, a little goes a long way and it's frequently on sale for $4.

My hair was looking a bit more dry and frayed recently, especially at the ends, and I had heard good things about this line so I gave it a shot. The days I use it my hair is smooth, shiny and bouncy, it has a great volumizing capability. The shine and damage "repair" lasts a few days on me before it starts to wear off, so I usually use it every 3rd day. But I've also found that a few of the other conditioners in this new line do a really good job of providing daily smoothness and volume, so I am alternating between this, two other L'Oreal conditioners almost exclusively right now. Just yesterday I had two people compliment my hair on the same day (I've had the same very basic hair cut for a really long time so compliments always surprise me), and I credit that to this conditioner and product line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very moisturizing without leaving my hair feeling coated or weighed down. Recommended.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I had a very high expectation on this hair mask after hearing all the wave about it. After many uses, I was very disappointed on the results. It did nothing to my fizzy & colour treated hair. In fact, those days that I use it, my hair is tend to be more dry and fizzy. My hair is better without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by arisolovely

This stuff is so great! I have really curly hair, which gets pretty frizzy. Whenever I use this it leaves my hair super soft and allot less frizz. I usually put it in my hair after I shower then leave it on over night with a shower cap on over it then rinse in the morning and let it air dry and makes all my curls looks moisturized and defined. Would deff recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought it nd I have to say it softens my hair nd it smells so good. I love how my hair feels nd it is easy to blow dry it

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Pestina18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this "balm" to help reduce breaking and splitting. First of all, this is conditioner in a jar. There isn't anything about it that makes it different from regular conditioner. I think L'Oreal tried to make their product look different and special by putting it in a jar, but a normal conditioner bottle would have worked much better. The jar is a hassle in the shower - it's big and bulky and has a large lid. You have to unscrew the lid, hold the lid and the jar, scoop the conditioner out with your fingers, and try not to get any water in the jar. It has a strong, chemical-like fragrance. It makes wet hair very slick - it's difficult to wash out of hair and wash off of skin. It does a nice job detangling - after a shower, my brush runs right through my hair. However, that's about all it does. After using it, my hair isn't any softer, and my hair breaks and splits just as easily. I used it a few times a week for two weeks just to give it the benefit of the doubt, but nothing about my hair changed. Save your money and continue using your regular conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I love this stuff!! I was looking for a new product to really deep condition because my regular was no longer available. I was sold on the smell right away but it's grown on me. I usually shampoo then apply this after getting most of the water out of my hair. I then cover with a shower cap to keep moisture in. I never follow packaging instructions and usually keep masks, balms, etc. in for about 1-2 hours. With that said, I'm not sitting under a blow dryer or any other heating element that would speed up the process and would rather let it really soak in than waste it. My processed, blow dried, flat ironed, curling rod damaged hair definitely looks better after using this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by MiniAndBoss

Horrible product, not only did it not make my hair feel any better, it actually made my hair feel drier, more brittle, and flat. At first I thought it was a fluke, until I used it 3 more times and each time getting the same disappointing result. I have typical Asian hair, and this hair treatment did nothing for it. After my hair dried it actually looks duller and feels almost straw like. My hair actually looks better without having used this. My favorite cheap hair treatment as of right now is the Aussie 3 minute miracle. I'm still on the lookout for the HG hair treatment.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Art4Cara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Still on the fence about this one. Sometimes when I use it, I love it, and other times not so much. The fragrance IS really strong, but I tend to be sensitive to certain types of fragrances anyway. But since I already have it, I might as well keep using it and give it a chance. On the days that I like it, it does really leave my hair soft and shiny. Not bad for something from the drugstore and the price is right.:)
3/28/14 update: Had to ditch this along with the shampoo and conditioner. Fragrance wa-ay too strong, plus my hair felt dry underneath the shine. All those silicones and waxes, that really aren't that great for curly color-treated hair.:( At least not mine anyway!