November 24, 2014 | 2001 users online

Hair Treatments - L'Oreal - Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mask on my dry thick hair once a week and it's helping me keep it really nice and soft.
Then my sister who has dry, damaged, and dyed hair tried it and it really helped transform and improve the look of her hair. Its not very soft and with shine-no damage at all. I would recommend this balm!
I always kept wanting to try this, but it's always sold out at the grocery stores I tend to shop in-and one day I found it by pure luck in the back of the shelf and decided to purcahse it. I wonder if someone was hiding it?
Im glad I found this! I would say it's awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by alywesney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is absolutely amazing! It is $5.97 for a 8.5 oz product. Which is a very good price for a damage repairing hair product. On the product it says, " This intense luxurious reconstructing balm helps fight the 5 signs of damage: 1.Split Ends 2.Weak 3.Rough 4.Dull 5.Dehydrated" and I believe it helps with every single one of those problems. The product is made to deeply repair and reconstruct dry, chemically treated hair. The directions say to use after using Total Repair 5 Shampoo, however I love the shampoo I use now and I did not want to change it. So i basically use this once or twice a week after using my regular shampoo and conditioner. It says to apply to wet hair and massage through to ends and then leave in for 3-5 minutes. I leave mine in for at least 5 minutes and I can instantly feel a difference as I am rinsing it out of my hair, it is amazing!
My husband can always tell which days I use it because my hair feels so soft and smells amazing! It has a very clean, fresh smell and it is amazing! The product is a yellow color, and it a very think cream.

Overall, I give this product a 10 out of 10! I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for softer, smoother hair because it works wonders!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I saw this at CVS and I figure I'd give it a try because my hair is pretty damaged. I have naturally blonde hair but I like to dye it lighter in the summer. I went to almost platinum not quite and I did have some white highlights in general from lightening my hair. I did not use bleach I used One N Only hair colour which I love because the damage could of been worse had I used bleach. My ends were totally fried and my hair was so frizzy. Not the usual wave I have. So I saw this and thought why not.

For me it took 3 treatments to see the results I was looking for. My hair is so smooth and soft now! Very shiny and my ends are camouflaged till I get a trim:) I like the scent it's perfumey but nothing terrible. I shampoo with a sulfate free shampoo then I get as much water out of my hair as possible. I apply this to my ends 1st and work my way up. I do not use a lot on my scalp as that could make my hair limp. I then shave and do my other shower stuff.

I rinse till the water is clear but I still feel softness in my hair. I add a little Argan oil and my hair feels so good. It's shedding less which is a huge plus for me. Also the tub gives you plenty of product. As someone with very long hair I appreciate it. I let my hair air dry in a braid and I get lovely waves and my hair is looks soo much better! If your hair is really dry from colouring give this a try.

The 1st time I used it I didn't get bad results but the 3rd time was a charm in my case. So if it doesn't work the 1st time give it a chance. Also if you have long thick, thirsty hair this is one to try, My hair feels so good this is most definitely my winter deep conditioner. I rotate this with Garnier Damage Eraser the two work wonders on my hair. Recommended!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I finished a whole tub and was very displeased.
I saw no good results at all. Actually my hair felt more like straw after using this product.
I rather use a good conidtioner and leave it on my hair a while then use this useless junk again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am not certain that this is the best product in the market but in comparison with Kerastase and even various argon products, this does a better job. I am not also certain if it can reverse the damage of one year in one use but it certainly does make a difference in the texture of hair. I used this after applying and rinsing my hair color. It did well. As you know, after hair color application, the hair can be extremely fragile. This conditioned my hair in a way that it was detangled, soft and smooth. Most importantly, it did not cause any hair fall. So overall experience was positive and I continue to purchase this because it also bears a nice low price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by TheLauren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this conditioner every other time I wash my thick, coarse, super tangle-prone hair. It has a nice, thick texture that reminds me of pudding. Pretty much the only thing I look for in a conditioner is that it makes it easier to brush through my hair after showering. This does that, but not quite as well as Wen (which I use as regular conditioner, not the way the bottle tells you to). I'm not crazy about its smell either, which is a big part of why I won't repurchase this. For me, it's just too strong, and I prefer fresh or fruity scents versus more perfumey ones. I also don't love how it comes in a tub; sometimes it's hard to unscrew the top with wet hands, and I don't like digging my fingers into the product. Overall, I would say that this is a good conditioner, but when it runs out, I'll be trying something new.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by chough1992

On the fence about this stuff. I said "yes" to buying it again, only because I have in the past. I think this stuff made my hair shinier and softer. HOWEVER, my split ends got worse over time, and I never straighten or curl my hair, just blowdry occasionally. I think it's all looks and not actually improving hair health. I see all these magazines and websites raving that this is the best stuff at the drugstore (or at least drugstore price) and perhaps that's true. But personally I love the Aussie 3-minute Moisture Mask. That stuff is cheaper and makes my hair feel more healthy. I know products work differently for different people, but I wouldn't really recommend this to a friend. Or the internet, apparently.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is easily one of the best drugstore conditioner treatments I've come across and the great price makes it one of my HG finds of the year. Since this is a drugstore item, it's made even better by coupons/sale prices/bonus point promotions- I actually bought my tub after using a sample with an included coupon. Depending on your hair type, you may find this is best used either once weekly or every other day, but it's too heavy for daily use unless you have *very* processed and damaged hair. On weeks I swim heavily I will use it more, but for the most part I use this with my daily conditioner in the shower about twice a week.

I wont say I love the smell, but it's pleasant enough and doesn't overpower my other products. My hair is about two feet long and I use a two finger scoop of this, then run it through the ends of my hair and up, clip it up for a few minutes and rinse. Despite buying it two months ago, I've barely made a dent in the tub. I've tried it on hair that is overgrown with tons of dead and split ends, hair that is freshly cut, and hair after swimming in chlorine 7 days a week. It seems to me no matter how bad (or good) my hair's condition is, this product manages to make it look better, feel better and make it far more manageable. My curls react not just to products but the weather, and this has been great for allowing a more consistent curl/style on a daily basis. I will continue to buy this as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by KatieHawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Recently highlighted my hair for the first time, so I picked up this balm to treat with once a week. I love this stuff. I used to wash my hair everyday, but after coloring I only wash it every other day. This does not make my hair oily. My hair looks beautiful and is so soft and silky. HG for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by aMultitudeOfSins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG HG HG HG HG! WOW. I live in California and have dry, curly hair. I really thought my hair was done for, but then I tried this when the store was out of the conditioner I wanted. My hair has been reborn. I've never used anything that has worked this well before. My curls are so hydrated and and bouncy. It does not weigh my hair down at all. I use this as my daily conditioner. I thought it would be too much, but the regular conditioner version of this is not quite enough. I need the balm every day. I shampoo my hair with Phytojoba and condition with this. Then I rinse and condition my hair with this for the next two days. Then I start this three day process over again. I use a clarifying shampoo about once a month. Honestly, this has changed my hair and I never have a bad hair day. I use Devacurl Ultra Defining Gel with it and that combination works really well for me.