L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm

4.2

AQUA / WATER / EAU • CETEARYL ALCOHOL • BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE • AMODIMETHICONE • CANDELILLA CERA / CANDELILLA WAX / CIRE DE CANDELILLA • CETYL ESTERS • GLYCERIN • ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • PHENOXYETHANOL • TRIDECETH-6 • HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR • ARGININE • GLUTAMIC ACID • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE • SERINE • CHLORHEXIDINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE • BENZYL SALICYLATE • HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN • BENZYL ALCOHOL • LIMONENE • AMYL CINNAMAL • CITRONELLOL • 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 • CI 15985 / YELLOW 6

on 2/23/2015 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I really like this hair mask. I leave it in my hair for about 5-10 min and my hair feels so soft and light. Smells amazing and easy to brush my hair afterwards. I really love it.

on 2/21/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am not a fan of this. Awhile back I had to get about an inch cut off of my hair due to split ends and I don't want a repeat of that, so I picked this up thinking it would help to use it once a week. At the same time I started using Pantene Daily Moisture shampoo and conditioner. Honestly, everytime I use the L'Oreal conditioner in place of the Pantene one, my hair feels heavy, drier, and like there's build-up on it. The first time I thought it was a fluke and kept trying it once a week...but got the same results each time. My hair feels more moisturized, and is still soft and bouncy just using the Pantene conditioner when I wash my hair. When I use the L'Oreal one my hair is just harder to style--even getting a comb through it is more difficult. Also the packaging is terrible...what wants to fumble around in the shower with an awkward shaped jar and lid?

I don't know what it is about L'Oreal hair products in general with me...every time I try one it is the same result--It makes my hair feel weighed down and gunky. I guess their hair products just don't agree with me!

on 2/21/2015 10:56:00 AM

I tried this on recommendation from Tati (glamlifeguru on YouTube). I was lucky enough to find it buy 1 get 1 free at CVS almost immediately so I got two (thinking I'd return the 2nd if I didn't like the product.) I not only LOVED this product, but I let my sister take the 2nd to try it out and give it back to see if she wanted to get some, and she decided to keep it and by me a new one when I run out of mine. She is a hair stylist out of her home and she uses it on clients with damaged hair.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I have curly hair, which by law means it needs a lot of moisture, hydration and care. This product makes my hair feel alive, happy and beautiful!

on 2/10/2015 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Ooooh yeah, definitely works for me !

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Amazing product! I have curly hair that I straighten 3-4x a week, it makes my dry hair feel so smooth. Before I used it yesterday, my hair felt nasty, broken and damaged, but once I used this on my hair, it feels so much better! Would recommend this to anyone, but especially to people who regularly heat style their hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

A co-worker of mine recommended this product to me and I will be forever grateful! The first time I used it, I didn't see much of a difference. My hair is thick, with big, wavy curls. Lately my hair has been very dry because I have blow-dried it a few times. Left my hair very dry and my curls wouldn't form the way they used to. I tried it for the 2nd time and boy, did I notice a difference. My hair was smoother, softer and best of all my curls came back to life! I felt like Mufasa had nothing on my hair. It was big, curly, bouncy and beautiful! I agree with a fellow reviewer. The more you use this product, the better the results. I bought this at Walmart for about $5. I will stock up!

on 1/25/2015 8:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

My husband and I both use this and really like it. My hair is highlighted and he will use anything to wash his hair (ha!) so his is usually dry. I introduced him to this and his hair is much nicer! For me it helps keep my colored and often straightened hair soft and free of (too many) split ends. Still get 'em, but I abuse my hair, so that's all on me! I love this!

on 1/25/2015 8:15:00 PM

I bought this conditioner to restore my over-dyed hair. I have fine, straight hair that's been through the ringer since I like to change my color fairly often.

The smell of this balm is amazing, even my husband noticed it. I used this in the shower, left it in while I did all all the other shower things and then rinsed it out. My hair definitely felt softer, not as dry as it usually is. I only use this on days when I know I'll be home as I find it weighs down my hair. However with my fine hair, most conditioners do that unless they are geared towards my type of hair.

One minor complaint is the container the balm comes in. The screw top can be a pain to get off in the shower and I also have tiny baby hands that can barely get all the way around it. If I don't remember to open it before I run the water, it's a pretty comical struggle.

I would purchase this again. The price is great, around $5-7 depending where you buy it and I like the softness it gives my hair.

on 1/12/2015 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing product. In fact, the entire line is simply amazing. I have color treated hair that's thick, frizzy, and wavy. When I used the damage erasing balm, my hair felt soft and easier to manage. I typically like to experiment with different hair brands just to see what works and what does not. This balm is a must have! The product is thick and penetrates every strand. It sells great! I don't need to leave it on for a long time. I did not have to use a lot of oils/moisturizers after rinsing. I'd recommend it and will continue to use it especially in this horrible winter weather that's really beating up my hair lol.