January 30, 2015 | 977 users online

Hair Treatments - L'Oreal - Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2015 8:44:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My husband and I both use this and really like it. My hair is highlighted and he will use anything to wash his hair (ha!) so his is usually dry. I introduced him to this and his hair is much nicer! For me it helps keep my colored and often straightened hair soft and free of (too many) split ends. Still get 'em, but I abuse my hair, so that's all on me! I love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2015 8:15:00 PM More reviews by littlej01

I bought this conditioner to restore my over-dyed hair. I have fine, straight hair that's been through the ringer since I like to change my color fairly often.

The smell of this balm is amazing, even my husband noticed it. I used this in the shower, left it in while I did all all the other shower things and then rinsed it out. My hair definitely felt softer, not as dry as it usually is. I only use this on days when I know I'll be home as I find it weighs down my hair. However with my fine hair, most conditioners do that unless they are geared towards my type of hair.

One minor complaint is the container the balm comes in. The screw top can be a pain to get off in the shower and I also have tiny baby hands that can barely get all the way around it. If I don't remember to open it before I run the water, it's a pretty comical struggle.

I would purchase this again. The price is great, around $5-7 depending where you buy it and I like the softness it gives my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 10:14:00 PM More reviews by LydiaGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing product. In fact, the entire line is simply amazing. I have color treated hair that's thick, frizzy, and wavy. When I used the damage erasing balm, my hair felt soft and easier to manage. I typically like to experiment with different hair brands just to see what works and what does not. This balm is a must have! The product is thick and penetrates every strand. It sells great! I don't need to leave it on for a long time. I did not have to use a lot of oils/moisturizers after rinsing. I'd recommend it and will continue to use it especially in this horrible winter weather that's really beating up my hair lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 12:52:00 PM More reviews by juliemiya

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have damaged hair from highlighting/color. A few sections of my hair were overbleached and frizzy (I have straight hair), breaking off, and brittle. I don't know how this stuff works, but when you apply it, it sort of liquifies and seems to penetrate into your hair. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy. After you rinse it off, you are left with very soft hair, that feels healthy. It is not weighed down. It doesn't actually "repair" your split ends, but restores softness and vitality. I used to be able to feel where the dry, damaged sections were, and now I can't -- it's all soft and healthy. I use it every time I wash my hair. (3 times a week) Give it a few weeks to FULLY feel the effects. My hair improved the longer I've used it. You will feel improvement after one use, but keep at it, and if your hair is like mine, you should see even more improvement in your hair texture the more you use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2015 2:46:00 PM More reviews by lessav13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Can't say enough good things. Personally, this is better for my hair than the Macadamia nut hair mask. Makes hair soft, voluminous, shiny, healthy looking, just amazing... LOVE THIS MASK!!!! Amazing price & smell, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by xo20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't say enough good things about this product! I keep this in my shower and apply instead of my regular conditioner usually every other day. It's a rich, thick consistency which I personally love and the smell is TO DIE FOR. I bought this at Target for roughly $6. Def recommend to anyone who wants their hair to be smooth as silk and smell amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by AmandaKayC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing! It does what it says and I love the smell of it :) It has tremendously helped my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by cocobanana34

I was experiencing for what I thought was extreme hair breakage and hair-fall, for reasons I believe was due to dry and damaged hair. Every time I comb my hair, a handful of hair will be on my wide-tooth comb. You'll see a strand of my long hair everywhere in the house, inside the car, bathroom, kitchen... it was driving me insane. Even my husband started to notice the strands of hair. I then started using the L'Oreal Damage Repairing Shampoo and the conditioner, it didn't help at all. THEN I switched the conditioner with the Damage Erasing Balm and it worked wonders! I'm done with my first bottle and just bought my second. Whenever I comb my hair, I see one strand left in the comb or sometimes, none at all. My hair is soft and shiny. Finally found my answer to my problematic hair-fall condition. I truly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by missamelie37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best drugstore hair masks I've tried. I have long hair and dry, brittle ends. I haven't gotten a hair cut in a while so my hair has many split ends. I use this mask once a week and it leaves my hair so soft and shiny! I stopped using it a couple months ago for some odd reason, and recently my hair has felt so dead and dry so I found this product again and it made my hair so soft and silky!

It's around $5-$7 at any drugstore and you will not regret buying this deep conditioner! It's my holy grail for my hair! I definitely recomend it to people who have dry, lifeless hair. This product will make it so soft and lucious! It also smells really good (in my opinion) so you can't really go wrong with this! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mask on my dry thick hair once a week and it's helping me keep it really nice and soft.
Then my sister who has dry, damaged, and dyed hair tried it and it really helped transform and improve the look of her hair. Its not very soft and with shine-no damage at all. I would recommend this balm!
I always kept wanting to try this, but it's always sold out at the grocery stores I tend to shop in-and one day I found it by pure luck in the back of the shelf and decided to purcahse it. I wonder if someone was hiding it?
Im glad I found this! I would say it's awesome!