October 1, 2014 | 1675 users online

Hair - KLF Nirmal coconut oil

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by deviationk

I used to think that all coconut oils were the same till I came across this particular brand of oil.

For years I used to use only parachute coconut oil but after I washed my hair I still felt my hair was coarse and dry. And when ever I went to purchase a new brand, I would never find one because parachute oil monopolized every hair oil shelf. One day when I went to our local Indian store, I saw this brand, at first I was a bit apprehensive because it had a similar packaging, colour and style as the parachute oil but it said 100% edible grade plus it was $2.99 compared to the same sized parachute bottle that was at $3.99, so anyway I decided give it a try and trust me I don't regret my decision to this day.

I did not expect anything when I started using this oil. After a month I started to notice that my hair was getting softer and silkier. I also started to feel my hair was getting moisturised and turning dark. Btw my natural hair colour is black but over the years, due to the use of excess straightening it has turned slightly brown. But after using this product my hair is getting back to its original colour. Now I no longer suffer from dry damaged hair. Each strand looks healthy and conditioned. It's been four months now, And I see a lot of difference from what my hair used to look like before using this product and after using this. Probably will never again buy any other oil other than this brand.

So what is so good about this product?
It is highly moisturising. If you think parachute oil is good, this will moisturize your hair x10 times more. It is extra good. So just a tbsp of oil is enough for you entire hair unless you deliberately want oily hair even after washing.

As mentioned before it says 100% edible grade pure coconut oil. So anything that can be taken inside is good enough for outside use.

I feel Nirmal oil has deeper penetration power than parachute oil. Parcahute oil sits on the hair and it is very light too. I leave this on my hair for 4-6 hours and then when I wash it off, every minute spent on with oiled hair worthwhile.

price is cheap. 100 ml nirmal oil is priced at $2.99 (might differ from store to store).

Nirmal oil is manufactured in Southern India (Kerala- one of four states in south india). If you notice women from kerala have thick, jet black hair. Not just keral women but also all south Indian women apply coconut oil to their hair to keep their hair nourished. And kerala is a place where coconut is used in everything and is grown in every part of that state. So I assume this is a genuine company (KLF) specialized in coconut oil making and they know what they are doing and who their customers are.

Only negative thing is: They have to make an effort to stand out in some way. Nirmal looks so much like parachute in terms of packaging (they should change the colour of the bottle from blue to something else). Because it looks like parachute dupe, people might not take this product seriously. I wish my Indian store stocks this item all the time.

Who can apply this oil?
I think anyone who wants a healthy well moisturised hair. Works wonder on dry, damaged, frizzed and brittle hair. Remember use very little of this oil however, you can apply this oil 2-3 times a week depending on how frequent you feel the need to oil. I apply once or twice a week, keep it on for 4-6 hours and rinse it off with a shampoo.

Hope my review was helpful