November 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Palettes - Ben Nye - 12 color grand lumiere

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 8:03:00 AM More reviews by tiddleywinks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is truly lovely! Fabulous pigmentation, good blendability, great range of shades, and amazing durability. This lasts all day for me, with just a tad of concealer on my eyelid as a base. Doesn't crease or fade. My only complaint is that there isn't really a taupe/brown. I can fool around with mixing colors, though, and create most shades that I want. For example, mixing the deep purple with the gold creates a plummy-brownish shimmer. All of the shades are shimmer-pearl without glitter. They tend to be nice and smooth and buttery, with a few shades that are a bit more firm. Some really beautiful, unique shades. I almost always lean toward purples and browns, but the turquoise and green in this palette are fun for eyeliners. I like the fact that I can build a look and if it's too dark, I can swipe the iced gold over the entire eye and tone down the colors. Would totally buy again, but there is a lot of product. I can't see using it up for a very long time. If I run out of a single shade, it's easy to buy a single. Highly recommended!
9/25/11- Adding a comment... Honestly, y'all, this is a be-all, end-all palette. What I put on at 6 a.m. looks exactly the same at 9 p.m. And I don't even use any base. Absolutely out-performs MAC and Inglot shadows. Well worth the investment, about the same as buying an Inglot palette of 10 shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by SeedyBiotch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a LOT of makeup, and if there were a fire this would be the one item (of makeup) that I would run to save...It is amazing and has never ending possibilities! It blends, can be sheer or bold, wet or dry ANYTHING! But what I like best is that you can pat colors on top of others and it never becomes all muddy looking, just stays vibrant and wonderful. Buy it if you can, or buy em color by color for only 9 bucks a piece :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Maggieyso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this palette for christmas and am already in love with it. One of my favorite things about it is that the eyeshadows have a nice amount of shimmer but not too much. Many eyeshadows are just packed with glitter to the point of being gaudy, and these aren't like that at all. I did a look last night using amethyst and cosmic violet on the upper lid and jade on the lower, and got tons of compliments about it. All the colors are very easily to blend and to build up as much product as you want. I would repurchase, but I don't I'll need to, since you get so much of each color it'll probably last a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by lipstickjunki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE LOVE LOVE! DID I MENTION I LOVE IT??? THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST MAKE UP INVESTMENT I HAVE EVER MADE. THE COLORS DELIVER INTENSE PIGMENT, IT GOES ON SUPER SMOOTH AND EVEN BLENDS WELL WITH MY URBAN DECAY AND MAC. I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR BRIGHT GREENS AND YELLOWS THAT LIVE UP TO MY HOPES, MY SEARCH HAS ENDED!! I LOVED IT SO MUCH I JUST ORDERED THE MAGICAKE PALLET! BY THIS SATURDAY I SHOULD BE TAKING IT FOR A TEST DRIVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Zoffe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing product to have if you like bright colors!!
Only downside is that all the products are shiny so you do have to use some matte shadows with the palette to get some really amazing looks.

Amazing palette though! And you get a lot for the price!!
The quality of the eyeshadows is great as well. They are extremely pigmented, smooth and easy to blend.
Truly a must have if you like bright colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Valwyt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can not say enough about this palette. It is by far the best palette I have ever bought. The 12 shadows have the intensity of a foiled pigment. The formula in these shadows are not thick and pastey. I feel as if I am wearing no makeup what so ever
Palette colors reviews;
Ice- One of my favorite inner corner and brow highlight colors, looks a bit like Mac Vanilla.
Aztec Gold- I do not use this color as much but when I do I like it for a bronze look.
Silver- My all time favorite silver shadow out there you can use this silver with almost all the colors in the palette.
Azalea- (Hot Pink/ Red) This is the only shadow I don't really use, looks a bit like brash and bold pigment from mac.
Cosmic Blue- This royal blue color is perfect, I like to use this with the amethyst to have a fin colorful look.
Sun Yellow- Is beautiful I do wear a lot of yellow, orange, tangerine colors because I have blue eyes.
Iced gold- Again another great highlight color for brown look. Tangerine- So bright and vivid love to wear this with Sun yellow. Chartreuse- Is the one of the best most vivid greens you can get and you can not get this color anywhere else.
Jade- Is my number one in this palette it's a medium green that I love to use in my crease area when I have chartreuse on my lid.
Amethyst- Great deep purple, reminds me of macs push the edge pigment.
Cosmic Violet- This is a beautiful pink purple that looks a lot like macs stars n rockets.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by channingtatum

After so many great reviews about this palette, I finally bought it. It's a great deal for getting 12 very pigmented, intense eyeshadow colours. And the e/s pans are a lot bigger too compared to MAC. It is a little bright for everyday wear but if you love playing and experimenting with colours then go get this palette. I may not use it all the time but I still love it. My faves are Chartreuse, Jade, Tangerine and Aztec Gold.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fabulous!! I was hesitant to buy the Grand Lumiere Palette because I wasn't sure I could handle all the color. Boy was I wrong!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this palette. Bubbasclownsupplies.com has the best price and they shipped fast. No problems opening the palette here. The colors blend like a dream and are THE best eye shadows I've ever used. Stop hesitating and JUST BUY IT! I'm glad I took the plunge (so to speak). Now I'm sorry I didn't buy it sooner. 5 stars all the way!! EDIT: While I still think this is a fabulous palette, the older I get, the less useful it is. I'd say if you're 20-something, go for it. No longer suitable for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Msjuneday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product stays true to it's color staying reviews! When I get done with a 12 hour work day I expect to see faded, melted, tired makeup, but BAM.. still shining vivid colors in the mirror! My one complaint about the shadows are the shimmery ones. The flakes must be too large for the primer I use to hold them because I'll have glittery fallout on my face, clothes and desk during the day. Also, the shadows keep popping out of the tin and one of these days I'll break one. I got mine from the bubba sikes site and they were very speedy with the delivery!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This palette deserves all the raves it gets. The quality of the shadows is outstanding, super pigmented, smooth, easy to blend. The quantity you get is amazing. 12 generous colors in this palette. I bought mine at makeupmania.com and have seen it cheaper at the bubba sikes clown supply site. Great palette, essential if you are into brights.