December 19, 2014 | 1586 users online

Mascara - Boots - 17 - Blow Out mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in a Boots' Christmas 2013 Advent Calendar so I can't be sure how long it had been stored in there before I got it, but I'm hoping that might go someway to explaining why I didn't find this mascara to be very good.

For me this was a really dry formula mascara which took a lot of working at before I could see any noticeable difference to my lashes. But work it too much and it went the other way and became really clumpy. This is supposed to add volume, sculpt and tease your lashes but I can't really say it did any of these things for mine. In fact the only good thing I can think of say about this is that it's relatively easy to take off.

For 6.29 you can get much better mascaras than this one, which is why I wouldn't be tempted to purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by lushblush

The packaging is what caught my eye the most. I'm a huge fan of thick brushes and dark formulas that provide lengtha and volume. This mascara has bold, promising writing claiming to give lashes up to '12x the volume'. It also says the formula has vitamin E in and Argan oil (argan oil actually lengthens lashes and conditions them). The brush is huge and the formula is slightly wet, but I prefer wetter formulas. This doesn't give 12x the volume, I doubt any mascara does, but it is nice! It adds length, volume and thickness and has a strong pigmentation. It is a nice and dramatic mascara and can be built up to create huge lashes. I have tried better mascaras but, for the price, this is nice :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by kmlg

I do like this mascara. It does what it says on the tin with 'Blackest Black' but I think the bristles are too thick. Sometimes it comes out really clumpy, sticking my eyelashes together & getting little globs on my skin under my eyelashes that I can't get at properly.
If I spend a little more time on applying on (which I only really get to do on weekends) I do like how bold it looks.
I bought it for the price really, I get discount on it because I work at Boots but I do think I'll go back to Maybelline with my next mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by ArmaniJadaXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

worst mascara I have ever used! makes lashes stick together and makes them very straight! do not purchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by sophiemayw

I've gone back to this product many times before over the past few years and I'm so glad I've come back to it again! It always seems to make my eyelashes pop and it really does make them look like falsies on good makeup days! The packaging drew me in at first, I love bright packaging, and I have it in blackest black due to me loving fake looking eyelashes.. I use 4 eyelashes in my routine (I know, woopsies) and this one is always included. Definite re-purchasing for about the 5th time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

17's BLOW OUT mascara does it all; the colour is very rich [I've got blackest black], great separation, added length and the most noticeable volume increase that I've ever had. People have commented on my false lashes when I have worn this mascara, it really is that good. I usually wear two coats.

It is so easy to build up the finished look of your lashes with BLOW OUT, and the formula never cakes or flakes. Plus it holds my curl all day and is easy to remove. The volumizing abilities of this are unbeatable, plus the increase of length is good too - my lashes end up hitting the tops of my sockets.

The first time I used this mascara I was disappointed by the fact that the brush is big, which I'm not fond of. However the size of the brush is a plus point with BLOW OUT, as the size and shape of the brush separates, fans and curls lashes, right from the roots to the tips, so my eyes really pop.

What else can I say? BLOW OUT is an amazing mascara and the price [6.29] is really good too. I'll have to try more of Boots 17 mascaras - the couple I've used are both really good.