September 3, 2014 | 431 users online

Treatments (Face) - NuFountain CelSignal Support

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by lemonz4us

Amazing serum . Let me add my voice to the singing chorus .
This vitamin C serum has MAP (magnesium ascorbyl phosphate) and vit b5 (panthenol) Hyaluronic acid, and oats to hydrate and calm the skin
I applied this to damp skin, absorbed very quickly and left my skin feeling plumped and hydrated
I was devastated when I found out this was discontinued

But nufountain brought it back, in a dropper style bottle now, no more pump. I'll repurchase when I have the money to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by becky129

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have learned from experience that my sensitive skin does not tolerate L-AA Vit C well. However, this serum uses the much milder MAP version, and my skin loves it. It is slightly moisturizing - not immediately, but about 20 minutes after applied. I have an inner glow with regular use. I can definitely tell a difference in my skin. Vitamin C has been shown to provide multiple anti-aging benefits, so I am thankful I have finally found a serum that works for me.

NuFountain is a stellar company. Their products are shipped with a hand written "made date" so you know that it is fresh. Their prices are reasonable, and packaging is good. IMO anyone thinking they need a $100+ Vitamin C serum is just foolish, because NuFountain is all that at 1/4 the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

This is a "try it and see for yourself how great it is" product. I had never used a vitamin C serum before, and I had heard so many great things about this one that I had to buy a bottle just out of curiosity. Well the results it gave me make this one of the best skincare products I have ever tried.
This serum has a liquidy texture almost like water, I apply it by putting a few pumps onto a cotton pad then running the pad all over my cleansed skin. It dries without leaving a film or sticky feeling. I don't find it to be particularly moisturizing but my skin tends to get oily as the day goes on anyway so I don't add a moisturizer after I apply this serum, although others might find it necessary to do so.
And the results are beautifully impressive! Visibly smooth, glowy, younger-looking skin. No clogged pores or breakouts. I see a world of difference when I use this product vs. when I don't. At $30 for a 1oz bottle it may be a little pricey but it's much cheaper than other products I've bought that didn't deliver results that even came close to what this does for me. I love the added brightness and even skin tone WITHOUT irritation.
I love it and I'd definitely buy it again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by fannyfan

PROS:
- Contains magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (MAP) vitamin C, which is gentler and more stable than L-ascorbic acid (L-AA)
- Chockfull of other antioxidants, including niacinamide
- Minimal ingredient list with high concentration of actives
- Lightly moisturizing
- Reasonably priced compared to other vitamin C serums

CONS:
- Less effective at fading acne scars than L-AA (for me)
- Dubious pH level for niacinamide and MAP
- Tends to pill up under sunscreen or moisturizer
- Contains algae, which breaks some people out

BOTTOM LINE:
A solid antioxidant serum at a decent price, but I prefer L-AA.

UPDATE 2014/01/06:
Good news, everyone: NuFountain is now carrying this product again.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by meggan808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for nearly 3 months now. I have slightly oily, moderately acne/clog-prone skin that is occasionally prone to dehydration, and this serum provides the perfect amount of hydration for my skin. It makes my skin feel very smooth and soft. The texture is neither really thin nor really thick, just somewhere in the middle. I use one pump per face application. It absorbs immediately and is not sticky in my experience. I discovered awhile back that a combination of magnesium ascorbyl phosphate + niacinamide helps prevent and treat breakouts for me; I used benzoyl peroxide for years to control breakouts, but this combo has allowed me to give it up. This serum contains great amounts of both, and I've rarely had any pimples since using it. I've also noticed some brightening and evening of skin tone and fading of light reddish/pinkish acne scars. The price is also excellent, especially if you take advantage of the 3-for-2 deal.

Edit: June 2014- I discovered that Differin works wonders for my clogs and breakouts, and my skin responds better to L-ascorbic acid for brightening and fading scars. This is still an excellent MAP product that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for such a thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been trying vit c serums for a few years now both homemade and purchased. Recently, silk naturals mama's helper was the first one I have found that didn't break me out. I was "making it work" but boy was it drying out my skin. This is definitely more moisturizing and I am hoping as effective if not more. Plus, my skin loves niacinamide. Will update about any results later but so far so good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Mid 30s dryish sensitive skin. I am a big fan of ole's truth serum, have been using it for 3+ years. However the bottle runs out quickly in our household with liberal 2x daily use x 2 people and it gets expensive. I am not bothered by algae, already enjoy the benefits of niacinamide in several other skin care products, this also contains hyaluronic acid and with such a high concentration of MAP, it was worth a try at such a great price point.

After using this for a month, i am blown away by the results. It is somewhat thicker than Ole's truth serum and is definitely much more moisturizing which for my dryish skin is a blessing.. A light discoloration on my cheek that had been there a while completely faded after 1 week use. I am very satisfied with how even and healthy my skin tone is and no acne breakouts.

I still have my bottle of truth serum for pm use as it contains other antioxidants i dont want to miss out on, but nufountains celsignal support has now become my am serum. Highly recommend

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

2ND UPDATE (07/10/13) OK, so I thought I'd revisit this serum. This is one of those skincare puzzles where I use up a whole bottle without any obvious problems. Then I repurchase and all kinds of things pop up....and not in a good way. This is totally annoying my skin, giving me those pesky little milia that I get from irritation. I won't be finishing up this bottle. :( UPDATE (05/25/13): On a whim, I used OH Truth Serum and my skin seemed to be happier, more radiant. Not sure if it's because OHTS is SAP though since SAP and MAP are cousins, I wouldn't think so. It's more likely the green tea which my skin has always seemed to love. ORIGINAL REVIEW: I am very surprised that my review is the second for this serum, given that so many on the SCB seem to love. I finally decided it was time to try it out. Prior to this, the algae and niacinamide were stopping me. But I've learned in the past year, that algae isn't always a deal-breaker (there's SO many different types) and my avoidance of niacinamide is based on an experience w/ Olay, years ago. So that needed to be revisited since I may have easily drawn the wrong conclusion. I will update. Please see the %'s of actives above under Ingredients: MAP is at 15%. B3 is at 10%. B5 is at 5%. I reconfirmed via email w/ NuFountain.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by frckls

I'm 24 of asian heritage, golden medium tone, combo-oily that can get dehydrated in winter.
I have problem with uneven skintone and hyperpigmentations (freckles, sunspots and PIH-faded).

====UPDATE Jul12, 2013====
This was OOS after I finished my first bottle, so I strayed to SkinActives (New) Collagen Serum.
This is still the one that contributes to the glow. But since I started using Replenix Physical Sunscreen Spray which dries up my skin a bit, I have to use 3-pumps to make the glycerin coats my skin a bit thicker and keeps it plump and moist the whole day. It feels tacky at first, but quickly absorbs.
In comparison to SA's, this is thinner, with less aox but stronger actives. SA's might more immediately feels moisturizing, but overtime, I feel CelSignal contributes more to my skin.

I have been using this for a little bit more than a month and I'm only down to a-quarter to one-third of the bottle. One squirt is enough to cover my face and neck. Two would leave my skin a bit tacky.

This is a quite thick liquidy serum and absorbs very quick. CelSignal is feels really hydrating and nice and plump. But I would still put a light moisturizer on top of it, just to seal the hydration in. Although I did leave it once or twice without putting anything on, and although it left my skin a bit tight (I'd guess from the Niacinamide), but does not feel dehydrated.
It makes my skin super soft and almost poreless (save the nasty sebaceous filaments that still lurk around), no breakout (except TTOTM). Granted, my skin is quite resilient and can stand almost anything, except harsh cold wind.

After a month, I can say my skintone is getting more even although still not yet get to the level I expect. I also see slight improvements in my faded post-acne hyperpigmentations. The freckles are still there but they don't quite stand out the way they used to.
My skin is less oily on the T-zone, and I never wake up with oily face anymore.
I guess with treatments like this, real reasults can only be seen in a long term period of usage.
I use this in conjunction with some other anti-aging product (pls see my np), so they might help, too.

I love how smooth my skin look with my Lucy Minerals original foundation on, but I feel pretty good in my own skin, too. :) But when I put the foundation on, my skin looks AMAZING like I had a serious facial regimen. My boyf likes me without makeup, but when I put it on he can't stop saying how amazing I look. I always believe that no matter what makeup you put on, if the skin is healthy and good, anything will look amazing.

I feel CelSignal makes my skin a little more plumper, but then again I gained back a little weight since I started using it, so that might also be the culprit. :)

It comes in glass amber bottle with a pump. And professional looking label with the manufacturing date of the serum written on it. So the aox inside is granted well-preserved.

The CS is very, very helpful. They responded to my mails really quick and they went an extra mile to make sure that the package gets to me at the promised time. Awesome.

I used to use Silk Naturals Super Serum, and I like it because it has MSM and Venuceane, but less MAP. In comparison, SS feels less hydrating since it only has tamarind extract and panthenol as the hydrator. I always needed additional hydration (SN's Oatmeal Hydrating Serum - AMAZING stuff), but too lazy for additional step, I opted for NF's CelSignal that has both serum's functions in one.

Definitely repurchase. :)