NuFountain CelSignal Support

4.2

Purified Water, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C, anti-oxidant), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3, cell-signaling, anti-inflammatory), DL-Panthenol (Vitamin B5 derivative, humectant, skin-conditioning, anti-inflammatory), Sodium Hyaluronate (hydrating, skin-identical ingredient), Hydrolyzed Oats (humectant), Nannochloropsis Oculata (Algae Extract, anti-oxidant), Pullulan (algal polysaccharide, anti-oxidant, skin-identical ingredient), Glycerin (humectant, skin-identical ingredient), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Benzoic Acid (preservative), Dehydroacetic Acid (preservative). MAP is 15%, and B3 is at 10%, and the B5 is at 5%. Completely Fragrance-free and colorant-free. pH of 5-5.5

on 3/21/2015 3:06:00 PM

I was excited to try a MAP product since my skin did not tolerate NuFountain's C20. Unfortunately, my skin is reacting to this product as well. I'm getting round welts on my cheeks next to my nose and under my eyes. Fortunately, the welts and irritation disappear by the next day.

I also don't feel like this is hydrating enough for me. Even when applied on damp skin, my skin dries tight. Unlike other reviewers, I do feel that this leaves a film, and when I apply another moisturizer over it, I think I feel it coming of in dried dusty bits.

I do believe in the efficacy of the active ingredients, I like the dropper and the dark bottle, but this product is not for me.

on 3/14/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried homemade Vitamin C serum and Paula's Choice C, but I like this best. The price is reasonable, it's a perfect amount of moisturizing (not too greasy for my oily skin), absorbs quickly, never irritates my skin, is unscented, and is very effective at brightening my skin and evening out my skin tone. My only complaint, and it's minor, is that I have to order it off Amazon.com.
This is a thin liquid consistency. I apply about half a dropper of this serum to a cotton round and smooth it over my face and neck at night. Couldn't be easier or simpler. I think it's particularly useful when I'm using harsher products to spot treat acne - it doesn't lessen their effectiveness but it helps to protect the top layer of my skin from getting damaged.

on 1/30/2015 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I hate to be the naysayer in this group, but I'm not impressed with this formula. Prior to purchase, I emailed the company for their recommendation and they said the CelSignal sounded like my best option. I mentioned that I'm 61 with dry skin. I always have a high quality Vitamin C serum in my routine. Unfortunately I do not find this serum hydrating, which is why I decided to try it instead of the pricier Paula's Choice C-15, which I happen to love. On the plus side, the serum is light, absorbs easily, no smell, non-irritating, and the price is right. I've only been using it for a short while, and will definitely finish the bottle, but at this point I'm underwhelmed.

I have been trying many serums this past year trying to find the right combination of antioxidants to add to my daily routine of retain-a .05% cream, and I do believe this serum is the one I will stay with for as long as they make, or until I find another that contains niacinamide along with vitamin-c. Celsignal contains both ingredients in amounts that are effective for my skin, in a watery formulation in a glass bottle with a dropper. I have been using this for a month and my skin is extremely happy, and looks the best it ever has, and I'm 51. This product has taken everything up a notch, and added luminosity, even tone, and plumpness that my skin needs, and has allowed my skin to tolerate the retin-a better so that I can use it 6-7 nights per week. I use about a 3rd of a dropper full of this am and pm, and it is so light that it disappears almost immediately, and I have no problems layering my moisturizers, sunscreens and/or makeup on top. After one month of use, I have half a bottle left. The formula, being made fresh when ordered, has remained the same. Highly recommended!

on 2/20/2014 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing serum . Let me add my voice to the singing chorus .
This vitamin C serum has MAP (magnesium ascorbyl phosphate) and vit b5 (panthenol) Hyaluronic acid, and oats to hydrate and calm the skin
I applied this to damp skin, absorbed very quickly and left my skin feeling plumped and hydrated
I was devastated when I found out this was discontinued

But nufountain brought it back, in a dropper style bottle now, no more pump. I'll repurchase when I have the money to do so.

on 1/26/2014 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have learned from experience that my sensitive skin does not tolerate L-AA Vit C well. However, this serum uses the much milder MAP version, and my skin loves it. It is slightly moisturizing - not immediately, but about 20 minutes after applied. I have an inner glow with regular use. I can definitely tell a difference in my skin. Vitamin C has been shown to provide multiple anti-aging benefits, so I am thankful I have finally found a serum that works for me.

NuFountain is a stellar company. Their products are shipped with a hand written "made date" so you know that it is fresh. Their prices are reasonable, and packaging is good. IMO anyone thinking they need a $100+ Vitamin C serum is just foolish, because NuFountain is all that at 1/4 the price!

on 8/3/2013 10:28:00 AM

This is a "try it and see for yourself how great it is" product. I had never used a vitamin C serum before, and I had heard so many great things about this one that I had to buy a bottle just out of curiosity. Well the results it gave me make this one of the best skincare products I have ever tried.
This serum has a liquidy texture almost like water, I apply it by putting a few pumps onto a cotton pad then running the pad all over my cleansed skin. It dries without leaving a film or sticky feeling. I don't find it to be particularly moisturizing but my skin tends to get oily as the day goes on anyway so I don't add a moisturizer after I apply this serum, although others might find it necessary to do so.
And the results are beautifully impressive! Visibly smooth, glowy, younger-looking skin. No clogged pores or breakouts. I see a world of difference when I use this product vs. when I don't. At $30 for a 1oz bottle it may be a little pricey but it's much cheaper than other products I've bought that didn't deliver results that even came close to what this does for me. I love the added brightness and even skin tone WITHOUT irritation.
I love it and I'd definitely buy it again!

on 7/25/2013 2:51:00 PM

PROS:
- Contains magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (MAP) vitamin C, which is gentler and more stable than L-ascorbic acid (L-AA)
- Chockfull of other antioxidants, including niacinamide
- Minimal ingredient list with high concentration of actives
- Lightly moisturizing
- Reasonably priced compared to other vitamin C serums

CONS:
- Less effective at fading acne scars than L-AA (for me)
- Dubious pH level for niacinamide and MAP
- Tends to pill up under sunscreen or moisturizer
- Contains algae, which breaks some people out

BOTTOM LINE:
A solid antioxidant serum at a decent price, but I prefer L-AA.

UPDATE 2014/01/06:
Good news, everyone: NuFountain is now carrying this product again.

on 7/5/2013 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for nearly 3 months now. I have slightly oily, moderately acne/clog-prone skin that is occasionally prone to dehydration, and this serum provides the perfect amount of hydration for my skin. It makes my skin feel very smooth and soft. The texture is neither really thin nor really thick, just somewhere in the middle. I use one pump per face application. It absorbs immediately and is not sticky in my experience. I discovered awhile back that a combination of magnesium ascorbyl phosphate + niacinamide helps prevent and treat breakouts for me; I used benzoyl peroxide for years to control breakouts, but this combo has allowed me to give it up. This serum contains great amounts of both, and I've rarely had any pimples since using it. The price is also excellent, especially if you take advantage of the 3-for-2 deal.

Edit: June 2014- I discovered that Differin works wonders for my clogs and breakouts, and my skin responds better to L-ascorbic acid for brightening and fading scars. This is still an excellent MAP product that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for such a thing.

on 4/18/2013 5:20:00 PM

I have been trying vit c serums for a few years now both homemade and purchased. Recently, silk naturals mama's helper was the first one I have found that didn't break me out. I was "making it work" but boy was it drying out my skin. This is definitely more moisturizing and I am hoping as effective if not more. Plus, my skin loves niacinamide. Will update about any results later but so far so good.

Popular Treatments (Face)