Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Contour brush

4.8

on 2/25/2015 8:22:00 AM

I love this brush and I use it everyday. I like to apply light yellow concealer before my foundation to neutralize redness. I also do some contouring before I apply my base and this brush makes blending so easy! It allows me to blend in everything exactly how I like it. It doesn't scratch my sensitive skin and it's easy to wash and dry. I add a touch of conditioner to my brush then give it a final rinse and this comes out soo soft. It hasn't lost its shape either and when I blend it does so fast and it allows me to get my corrector blended exactly how I like it. I actually use all the brushes in this collection. This and the buffing being my favorite. The Core Collection is worth it for this brush. It makes contouring really easy too. Recommended!

on 2/24/2015 10:20:00 PM

This is hands down the best contour brush I have ever used, and is a brush I utilize everyday in my contour routine! I really love the RealTechniques brush line, and a majority of my makeup brushes are comprised of these wonderful and affordable brushes. Incredibly easy to find and pick up from my local ULTA or Kohls, plus the quality for quote on quote "drugstore" makeup brushes rivals more high end ones that I have tried. I recommend checking out this contour brush and other brushes from the RealTechniques line if you are beginner or a pro with makeup as I believe EVERYONE can benefit from this brushes!

on 1/22/2015 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I use this brush more for apply bronzer all over than for contouring. It does the job contouring fine, but would prefer an angled brush. Works good for concealer around the nose and eyes. Multiple used for this brush.

on 12/23/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Yes, this brush is nice for contouring, but I would highly recommend using it for foundation and concealer. While the buffing brush gets all the hype here on MUA I think that this brush is a much better size for applying foundation and concealer. You can get right under your eyes, around your nose, even on your eyelids. The smaller size I feel is both easier to work with, and also gives a better more blended and precise finish.

on 12/12/2014 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this brush every morning to blend out my under eye concealer and it's PERFECT. It's dense enough and soft enough it doesn't irritate, and it blends my concealer in perfectly! I'v never had it shed, i'v had it for a year now and it's still just as soft as when I bought it! Highly recommend.

on 9/22/2014 11:50:00 PM

let me say I do not use this for contouring, I'm not to into that BUT I do use this for setting my under eye concealer and highlighting and it works BEAUTIFULLY!! its just the perfect size for adding highlight to the top of my cheek bones and down my nose, and gets under my eyes for setting powder like a dream. it picks up just the right amount of product and is not scratchy!! this has not shed so far and I am very please with price, color etc...check out this brush don't be afraid to use a brush for another purpose than what it says! do what works for you:)

on 8/26/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Best brushes!!

on 5/31/2014 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This brush is the only reason why I bought the Core Collection set, and it was totally worth it! This is personally for me the best brush I've used yet for contouring. It's really precise and the bristles are nice and dense, but it's soft against the skin as well. It's the perfect size for contouring on my face.

on 5/20/2014 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wishing this brush was smaller. For contouring you want a small precise line. Like a sigma F05 small contour. Or ever something smaller like an E40 tapered blending brush (both brushes from sigma). That gives you true precision. For blending out you definitely need something a bit bigger, and this is why I do like this brush, it does blend well. Also this is great for cream contour, but powder not so much.

on 3/23/2014 4:21:00 PM

First of all, I love all of the Real Techniques brushes I've purchased so far. I like their handles and the synthetic bristles. They perform so well for the price and are so easy to clean. I spot clean my brushes everyday by rubbing it against a cotton pad soaked with 91% rubbing alcohol. Because it's synthetic hair, I don't need to worry too much about the potential damage the alcohol could do to the hair. I found that this was the easiest and most effective method of getting all of the powder/color off the brush and disinfect it. The alcohol evaporates super fast. After that, your brush is all brand new and ready to use!

This brush, like many other Real Techniques brushes, is very versatile. I use it as a blush brush, a highlighter brush, and a precise setting brush. It works really well for all of these purposes. And, recently, I've discovered that you can use it as a foundation brush to work with the type of liquidy, light to medium coverage foundations.

Let me elaborate more. I have dry patches on my face because of the anti-acne and retinol products I use. Recently, I have developed a love for very light to medium coverage liquidy foundations that are imperceptible on the face, mostly because that's the kind of formula that doesn't accentuate the dry flakes on my face. I have two HG foundation brushes: the Real Techniques expert face brush, and the Shiseido foundation brush. I like both of them, because they disperse foundation thinly and evenly on my face. But recently I've found that because these brushes are on the denser side, they stir up the dry flakes on my face when my face is dry.

That's where the versatility of this contour brush comes in. Because this brush was designed to work with powder, it's looser and softer than those foundation brushes. When you use it to disperse liquid foundation on your skin, it's so gentle that it won't stir up the dry flakes. Personally I've only tried it with light to medium, very liquidy formulas (such as the Koh Gen Do aqua foundation), and found that it worked really well. But I think for heavier and higher coverage formulas, this brush may not work as well.

I got the brush from iherb.com. They ship fast and have great prices for the Real Techniques brush range. For the amount you pay, the quality of the brush will exceed your expectations. And, dry skin ladies, if you are looking for a gentle brush that applies your foundation nicely, it doesn't hurt to give this a try!

Popular Makeup Brushes