Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Contour brush

4.7

on 5/21/2015 12:54:00 PM

Used this for my contour and it is great very precise and gives a nice even finish, doesn't use up to much product either

on 5/19/2015 4:17:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

A bit different from your usual contour brush, itís still angled but is much more dense, this means you can apply more product in one go and itís easier to blend with.

Also the angle is quite subtle which makes it ideal for use on all the contour areas (forehead, temples, cheek hollows, chin, jaw, collar bone etc.) because its closer to a flat topped powder brush, but the angle is still enough to make application precise.

Cost wise, I think these brushes are about right for mid-higher end quality, I got mine in a set which was on offer so it was great value 

*TIP You can use this brush for powder or cream so itís versatile but it does pick up a lot of product so be careful when you dip it in the pan
Xx

on 2/25/2015 8:22:00 AM

I love this brush and I use it everyday. I like to apply light yellow concealer before my foundation to neutralize redness. I also do some contouring before I apply my base and this brush makes blending so easy! It allows me to blend in everything exactly how I like it. It doesn't scratch my sensitive skin and it's easy to wash and dry. I add a touch of conditioner to my brush then give it a final rinse and this comes out soo soft. It hasn't lost its shape either and when I blend it does so fast and it allows me to get my corrector blended exactly how I like it. I actually use all the brushes in this collection. This and the buffing being my favorite. The Core Collection is worth it for this brush. It makes contouring really easy too. Recommended!

on 2/24/2015 10:20:00 PM

This is hands down the best contour brush I have ever used, and is a brush I utilize everyday in my contour routine! I really love the RealTechniques brush line, and a majority of my makeup brushes are comprised of these wonderful and affordable brushes. Incredibly easy to find and pick up from my local ULTA or Kohls, plus the quality for quote on quote "drugstore" makeup brushes rivals more high end ones that I have tried. I recommend checking out this contour brush and other brushes from the RealTechniques line if you are beginner or a pro with makeup as I believe EVERYONE can benefit from this brushes!

on 1/22/2015 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I use this brush more for apply bronzer all over than for contouring. It does the job contouring fine, but would prefer an angled brush. Works good for concealer around the nose and eyes. Multiple used for this brush.

on 12/23/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Yes, this brush is nice for contouring, but I would highly recommend using it for foundation and concealer. While the buffing brush gets all the hype here on MUA I think that this brush is a much better size for applying foundation and concealer. You can get right under your eyes, around your nose, even on your eyelids. The smaller size I feel is both easier to work with, and also gives a better more blended and precise finish.

on 12/12/2014 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this brush every morning to blend out my under eye concealer and it's PERFECT. It's dense enough and soft enough it doesn't irritate, and it blends my concealer in perfectly! I'v never had it shed, i'v had it for a year now and it's still just as soft as when I bought it! Highly recommend.

on 9/22/2014 11:50:00 PM

let me say I do not use this for contouring, I'm not to into that BUT I do use this for setting my under eye concealer and highlighting and it works BEAUTIFULLY!! its just the perfect size for adding highlight to the top of my cheek bones and down my nose, and gets under my eyes for setting powder like a dream. it picks up just the right amount of product and is not scratchy!! this has not shed so far and I am very please with price, color etc...check out this brush don't be afraid to use a brush for another purpose than what it says! do what works for you:)

on 8/26/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Best brushes!!

on 5/31/2014 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This brush is the only reason why I bought the Core Collection set, and it was totally worth it! This is personally for me the best brush I've used yet for contouring. It's really precise and the bristles are nice and dense, but it's soft against the skin as well. It's the perfect size for contouring on my face.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products