OPI A Gold Winter's Night

4.3

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Bought this from CVS and just had to have it since the color looked soo unique. It is one of my faves now and sooo pretty against my tan skin!! I had to use three coats plus a top coat...then file down the ends so bits of the long glitter wouldn't scratch myself.

on 12/14/2012 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

(This is a Nicole by OPI polish) This polish is definitely one that will catch your eye. I hadn't planned on buying nail polish on my trip to CVS and, like the previous reviewer, I saw this and had to have it. This is also the first glitter polish I've seen that had long, slim pieces of glitter versus hexagonal or round shaped glitter. I applied two coats and can see where I'm going to have to add another coat to be completely satisfied with the color. A shiny topcoat will also be necessary. It's definitely different and I like it, but I wouldn't buy it again. And of course, it is completely a pain in the rear to remove.

on 12/9/2012 6:27:00 PM

Having recently gone through a move in which I forced myself to purge a majority of my makeup and whatnot, I swore up and down that I would not purchase any more nail polishes. But today I was at CVS and I noticed the Kardashian Kolor collection and A Gold Winter's Night caught my eye. I loved the dark gold, almost bronze sparkles, and I also loved the fact that the glitter was the long spiky kind and not the round or square type. But what really surprised me was the fact that the base was comprised of fine, round specks of rose/mauve glitter, and that there were these spiky blue/green sparkles. So different, so distinctive, which of course meant I HAD to purchase it.

I have already given myself a pedicure and applied this color. As is the case with many glitter polishes, there isn't much color payoff. Because of this I would love to try two coats of this over a gold or green polish (or possibly even a rose shade) to see how the different glitter shades are enhanced by the base shade. But I do like it. With two coats it's a little washed out and translucent, but after I did two coats and let them dry for a half hour, I did one more coat then a top coat, and WOW. I LOVE it! The effect from a distance is a dark gold with teal specks which catch the light at certain angles. I think this will be very nice for the holidays and a welcome change from predictable gold or red polish...

Popular Polishes