April 19, 2014 | 1042 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by teeisblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Cuppa Joe, and I absolutely love it! It's the perfect neutral-nude for me, I've bought it 3 times already... which is a big deal since I'm an eyeshadow whore! I never spend a ton on eye makeup because I wear contacts and I throw it all out every 2 months, but this is one of the best drugstore shadows, hands down. With summer coming I'd definitely like to try more jewel-toned palettes and I know they'll be great quality. My only beef with this is that the narrow, elongated design makes it harder to get just one color on my brush. And speaking of brushes, one of the reviews of this says the colors don't pick up well, but I have some middling-quality brushes that work just fine and some cheap ones that just don't pick up and lay down color very well. I have no idea what that reviewer uses, but overall I think getting some tools that are quality is definitely worth it. Having good tools can sometimes make a cheap product purchase worth it, IMO.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Meh. Cheaply milled pigments in a cheap teen-friendly price. Not awful but not great either.
No comparison to Lorac, MAC, Bobbi Brown, NARS and other high-end brands.

Note: L'oreal and L'ancome is the same crap in a different package.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this on sale at Target for only $3! it's originally priced around $8-$11 so it was a great deal. The colors show up easily because they are soft and creamy; however, they aren't too pigmented which is okay for me since I wear them to school. It stays on for hours and the colors are pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've edited my review and added photos.

I' reviewing the L'oreal Color Riche Les Ombres True Nudes in the color N1 Rose Nude. It cost me US$15.

It seems like there is a difference in formulation for every quad as well as different types of quad for every country.

It was an impulsive buy. When I saw low ratings and bad reviews about these quads it took me time to try my quad out, because I was considering returning them. Despite colors being too metallic for everyday they are nicely pigmented. Above average for drugstore, indeed. It may be on pair with MAC but the pigmentation may be the result of very frost, metallic finish. Compared to my UD eyeshadows, these do lack the metallic-ness and pigmentation. The powder transfers very good with any kind of brush (Bdellium, RT, MAC, Sephora), and you get very opaque coverage. It's the best palette I've bought in a drugstore. I like the quality of the eyeshadows (good pigmentation, colors aren't similar one to another).

The quad consist of four complementary eyeshadows. I've added photos. The shadows lasted me 7 hrs before they started to fade, slightly. I've used in conjunction with UDPP. I wouldn't use only this palette for making any look. The colors are to intense, and too pink for my taste and make you look like you've been crying (I'm curious how does Naked 3 look on pale people!). The shades are more or less similar in the intensity, which means there's no true highlighting shade. The shade no. 1, though light, is too pink for my taste to be used as a highlighter. The darkest shade, no. 4, though dark, semi-matte and pigmented 3/5, is good for darkening, or smokey-ing out, but not for sharp lining. The two middle colors are good for evening makeup for all over lid.

The colors are pretty, and having the Naked 1 palette, this one makes the neutral palette go pink. I think it's worth the money, though, not US$15 how much I paid, but US$10 I wouldn't mind paying for it. It's nowhere stated how much products you get. I must say I'm astonished how low rating this Color Riche have. They're much, MUCH better then Bourjois eyeshadows, which lack of pigmentation and aren't transferable. They're good as some Max Factor eyeshdows (I've tried only the NEWEST one, the palette-like ones)

The lightest shade in the palette (no. 1) is a baby pink/olive green duo chrome eyeshadow. I didn't notice the duo chrome-ness before, but when I applied the eyeshadow on my whole lid, I saw the olive green hue. I really like this one! I think it's not the best highlighting shade for pale skin (NC15, Bourjis 51) because it has too much pink in it and makes your eyes look sore. But all over lid, in combination with a taupe or a brown shade in crease & outer v - really pretty. I would compare it to UD Sin (Naked palette). Sin is very pigmented, has a metallic sheen and doesn't have that green hue. It's more opaque. No. 1 looks more neutral (skin like) compared to Sin.

The second lightest, middle shade (no. 2) is a warm brown eyeshadow with a hint of pink. It's a pretty dark shade, which I wouldn't use in daytime for work. I would compare it to UD Toasted (Naked palette). Toasted is a stronger, more pigmented shade it a metallic finish. But the shades are similar enough not to have both.

The third shade (no. 3) is supposed to be a highlighting shade for the inner corner. It's a really dark shadow! The intensity is the same as the no. 2. It looks really pink, and applies really good. I don't like it using it as an all over lid because of the metallic finish and strong pink coloring. It looks really pretty in the crease. At first I thought it looks kinda similar to UD Last Call (Ammo 2 palette) but it doesn't at all, so I haven't swatched it next to no. 3. LAst call is berry purple and -wow- how pigmented. Comparing them side to side, no. 3 looks like it has some orange in it, too (like a few drops of MAC Paradisco in it).

The fourth shade (no. 4) is a dark neutral brown. Swatched, it looks matte. The pigmentation is not the best, but it isn't bad either. It's workable. Good for deepening the look (placing in the crease). I've swatched it next to UD Darkhorse (Naked palette). Darhorse has gold in it, but the base looks exactly the same.

For those of you in Europe, this is the prettiest quad that's available. The colors are more unique, because although being neutral palette the colors lean/are pink. I'm pale with a warm yellowish undertone and they fit me nicely. I would recommend the palette for fair to medium, warm skin-tones. On darker skin-tones it may not be so noticeable, but definitely should try and see. It could be a nice everyday palette for darker skin-tones. Either way, the quality of each L'oreal palette differs and each one should be swatched prior purchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Margeilles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the 560 Shopping Spree collection and it's not all that! The colors are so beautiful in the package but once applied on the eye there's basically no coloring except for the "carbon" black color that you use as the eyeliner.
I was really hoping that this would be as good as the "HIP" line but it's not sorry to say.
Save your $8. BUT IF YOU DO END UP BUYING IT SAVE YOUR RECEIPT SO YOU CAN TAKE IT BACK!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by LeaLea1004

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. I have been using it for a long time now will continue! It stays on the brush well in order to apply it, and blends beautifully. Having good brushes helps though, which I do. I hear some people on here say that is an issue and I believe that a good brush does make a huge difference. I work 12 hour shifts in law enforcement and it easily stays on and lasts me for my entire shift on duty. I always use Good Luck Charm, and Cupa Joe. Great product, highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by maggiebaker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in So Over It and I love it. The shadows are buttery and richly pigmented. They were easy to blend and just beautiful for fall time. This is the only quad I have from this line so I cannot vouch for all the other compacts but if you are going to buy one invest in the So Over It! So gorgeous girl!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

These little quads retail for around $8 at the store. I picked up the 211 blue haute couture from the brazened bolds collection. I really thought I'd like this, the packaging was really cute and chic, the colors looked gorgeous and satiny in the pan. I thought this would be pretty for summer, especially the turquoise-like shade in the set. In addition to this shade, there is a champagne-like color for a highlight, dark blue for the crease and hunter green shade for defining the lashline. As I've said in the pan these colors looked very pigmented and lovely, but that so didn't transfer to real life. These really have to built up and packed on to even show on my lids properly, even with a primer and what's worse is they totally disappear throughout the day, again..even with a primer. They either crease like crazy or just flat out disappear every single time. The primers I use make even the most cheap of shadows at least be usable and stay for a little bit of time, but not these bad boys. Fortunately I didn't waste a lot of money on this guy, and got it on sale to boot. But I definitely wouldn't repurchase. Granted, I could have just gotten a dud and the other color ranges may be better formulated but judging from most the other reviews my hopes wouldn't be too high.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by staci13

I own this in black or noir, Im not sure what it is called. I've bought it and replaced it probably 3 times now. I use it as an eyeliner, with a flat brush. For me, it's the ideal eyeliner and it works beautifully with a nice eyeshadow primer like UDPP or even ELF's primer is great too. This stuff doesn't budge in spite of my greasy eyelids. It's not the blackest black I've ever used, but for this application, it's perfect. I've kept it in my collection for more than 7 years now and while I may try eyeliner pencils and gels/creams...I always come back to this because of the lasting power and ease of application.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by playmate420

looks cute, but the quality of the eyeshadows are terrible! they swatch great on your finger, but the shadows are too hard to pick up on an eyeshadow brush. i got the color "211 Blue Haute Couture" which made me look like i had a black eye...