December 22, 2014 | 1812 users online

Polishes - BB Couture Sexual Space

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

BB Couture's Sexual Space is a medium muted fuchsia/raspeberry pink polish with holographic microglitter. The base color on this one is extremely close to OPI DS Divine or Sally Hansen Ruby Diamond (the older version in the short squatty bottle). The holographic glitter effect on this is different from both of those, though. The application was very easy with bottle color and total opacity in two coats. This does dry very dull and gritty because of the glitter. The glitter is almost like sugar or sand and will require a couple of coats of thick topcoat to smooth out. I used a layer of Sally Hansen Mega Shine, then a layer of OPI DS Topcoat (which is on the thicker side), and THEN a layer of Seche Vite. While this smoothed out the grittiness, I found that the next day, the gritty texture was starting to be felt through the topcoats. I would almost call this polish the quiet cousin to BB Couture's Hermosa Surfer Girl in that the glitter on this one is more of a "twinkling lights" effect, and where the actual polish color of Hermosa gets very shiny after topcoats, Sexual Space can still be described as dull underneath the shiny topcoat (if that makes sense - also, if you look closely under the topcoat you can see the grittiness). Also, this polish, has an extremely strong strawberry scent (like the Revlon scented polishes). While this is, I suppose, a nice touch, even after topcoat and Seche Vite, two days later I can still smell the sickly sweet strawberry smell and find it quite unpleasant. I purchased my bottle for 10.95 so I consider this heading into the semi-expensive range. While I like the color and "starry-sky" effect, I won't be buying another bottle because of the cost, grittines, nauseating strawberry scent, and the fact that it is not as shiny as I would like.