Becca Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation

3.1

on 8/25/2015 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

My skin is not behaving due to medications. I'm having crazy breakouts with lots of post hyperpigmentation and pore texture issues. I was looking for a powder foundation that I could apply lightly for summer days that I used to go without makeup. I chose a mineral foundation bc I just feel like powder is better when your skin is not behaving- doesn't oenetrate the pores and cause more problems. I usually dislike mineral powders but being my skin is in trouble, I went for it on a whim. I bought the tan shade which according to becca website is pink undertone. I have not found any pink to this color at all. I was going to return for another color with yellow but it wasn't necessary since tan really didn't look pink on me.

Application is key. You should definitely use a brush like the sephora mineral powder brush. Just be careful, there is a ton of powder kick up from one swirl of the brush. It seems that it will waste a lot of the product if you continue to apply with the brush but they sponge given makes for cakey application. It looks alright, even good in natural light. It's buildable for areas that need more coverage. You will likely need concealer in areas with hyperpigmentation or blemishes.

After an hour, I looked in the natural light and felt that my pores were really accentuated. Not good. After 4 hours, it looked like it was wearing off. I used a primer - L'Oreal Magic - and still had pores and poor wearability. I tried again yesterday without primer, same result. I think I'm going to return and try either Nars or Kat Von D powder. I Just need a little powder pick me up to last through summer and then I can go back to my usual- I hope!

So not bad, not great. Didn't highlight dry areas, colors are good for darker complexions. Didn't use long enough to know whether it would break me out.

on 3/19/2015 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

First of all, let me just say before I hit pan on this powder foundation, I stocked up on a second one already. I use it every day (I don't use any other foundations in all forms anymore) and it lasts a year if not more.

I have dry/normal skin and I work long hours in the plane but this foundation is the least drying out of all the ones I've tried (BB cream, liquid foundation, BB cushion) and has the longest staying power. It gives a very subtle and natural finish. Also, the powder is fine and does minimize pores. However, be aware this is more like a sheer finish powder.

I haven't tried using a brush to apply, all I do is to apply with a sponge I bought from convenience store.

on 3/4/2015 10:14:00 PM

I am returning this sadly. first off the SA at sephora color matched me all wrong. I'm an NC20 and he put me in buttercup which is WAY too dark. it was way to chalky and caked up badly when I did wear it the one day. I don't think I will be using this, even in my correct color. I'll stick to MAC.

on 7/24/2014 11:56:00 AM

I bought this at Sephora in the color Shell around the end of 2012. Initially, I thought I liked it for my oily areas. Honestly, I'm not sure why I thought I liked it. It accentuates pores (even ones that were previously invisible) and leaves a weird shiny cast. Not dewy or glowy, just shiny. I also don't find it to be buildable. Adding more just makes it look like silly putty. It's no wonder I forgot I had it.

on 8/30/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've written a review for this product a while ago, but found that after buying a second one (in a lighter color after losing my tan), it doesn't perform as well anymore.

I love how it's less messy like traditional loose mineral powders so it's very convenient to travel with. It's great if you're looking for something with about light-medium coverage and a product that doesn't oxidize (at least on me it didn't).
It's a bit expensive, considering there's 9.5g of product for $48CAD vs something like Lancome Dual FInish 19g for $49, but I've had mine for a while.
Initially, I purchased Buttercup, but found that it was a bit too dark for me when fall rolled around, so I purchased Sand, which is a shade lighter for the different season. Right now, I can still use Sand, in July, but that's because I didn't get too tanned this summer.
I've been using this a lot with a bit of Shu Uemura Foundation Stick underneath for more coverage, but I find that this doesn't work well in the hot humid weather, nor does it work well during the super dry cold days. My skin either looks very oily by afternoon, or it looks very dry in the winter. It works best for me in between seasons, not too dry/humid.

on 4/24/2013 11:19:00 PM

(FYI, this is the same product as Becca's Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder Foundation. They've since changed the name to Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation).

My skin background: Very oily, sensitive, and acne prone. I can get pretty red and ruddy on bad skin days. I have moderately yellow-based light Asian skin (approximately NC25, Becca concealer in Tahini.) I have difficulty finding foundations that don't clog my pores and break me out.
This pressed powder foundation offers light to medium coverage which is definitely enough to cover my redness and the majority of my skin issues. The finish is demi-matte and very natural looking. I find that it doesn't look flat or powdery at all as long as I don't use too much around my nose and upper lip area. The coverage is fairly buildable and an extra swipe of powder will take care of redder areas on my skin.
I recommend using the least amount of moisturizer possible if you have very oily skin like me, because it greatly diminishes the staying power of the foundation. My skin is oily enough to skip moisturizer during the day (as long as I moisturize at night) and the lack of moisturizer underneath makes a huge difference in the longevity of this foundation. I can get away without touching up for about 7 hours as long as I don't over-moisturize.
I use the color Sand which is described as "light beige, neutral to yellow" on the Becca website. This shade has definite yellow undertones. The next shade lighter, Shell, is slightly lighter but significantly less yellow and more neutral.
This foundation hasn't exacerbated my acne and doesn't leave residue on my skin after I use a gentle cleanser. Overall I am very pleased!

on 12/26/2012 6:00:00 PM

I had high hopes for this foundation but, for myself, I prefer Laura Geller balance and brighten. The Becca foundation felt dry on my skin. It did not provide a radiant finish like the balance and brighten does. For the record, I have tried many pressed mineral foundations. This one is not my favorite. It works for my 19 year old daughter, however.

on 12/8/2012 10:03:00 PM

I'd like to begin my review by commenting that this is not Becca's Boudoir Mineral Makeup Foundation that comes with 7g of product, this is Becca's Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation that comes with 9.5g of product. I don't know what the difference between them is, but they are two separate products.

Anyway, on with the review...

I've been wearing this foundation for about a week now, probably a little more. I initially purchased this as a convenient way to set and build up the coverage of my LSC; convenient because it was pressed. That's the main way I wear it, but I've also worn it alone as just mineral makeup, and I was impressed! I like applying it with my Hakuhodo G5557, but any dense flat top brush (or regular kabuki) should do the trick.

It gives about a medium coverage, with a natural, demi-matte finish. I prefer to set this with a Skindinavia setting spray (I like the bridal finish) to give it more of a satin finish and also help to prolong the wear of this powder, but this is not a necessary step.

Shade: I am about an NC35, wear SX08 in KA SSE, Becca Toast LSC, Becca Concealer in Macadamia, Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish foundation in Nude, and wear this mineral powder in the color Nude.