October 22, 2014 | 1987 users online

Powder - Becca - Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this at Sephora in the color Shell around the end of 2012. Initially, I thought I liked it for my oily areas. Honestly, I'm not sure why I thought I liked it. It accentuates pores (even ones that were previously invisible) and leaves a weird shiny cast. Not dewy or glowy, just shiny. I also don't find it to be buildable. Adding more just makes it look like silly putty. It's no wonder I forgot I had it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by ymillie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've written a review for this product a while ago, but found that after buying a second one (in a lighter color after losing my tan), it doesn't perform as well anymore.

I love how it's less messy like traditional loose mineral powders so it's very convenient to travel with. It's great if you're looking for something with about light-medium coverage and a product that doesn't oxidize (at least on me it didn't).
It's a bit expensive, considering there's 9.5g of product for $48CAD vs something like Lancome Dual FInish 19g for $49, but I've had mine for a while.
Initially, I purchased Buttercup, but found that it was a bit too dark for me when fall rolled around, so I purchased Sand, which is a shade lighter for the different season. Right now, I can still use Sand, in July, but that's because I didn't get too tanned this summer.
I've been using this a lot with a bit of Shu Uemura Foundation Stick underneath for more coverage, but I find that this doesn't work well in the hot humid weather, nor does it work well during the super dry cold days. My skin either looks very oily by afternoon, or it looks very dry in the winter. It works best for me in between seasons, not too dry/humid.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by miaaaaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

(FYI, this is the same product as Becca's Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder Foundation. They've since changed the name to Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation).

My skin background: Very oily, sensitive, and acne prone. I can get pretty red and ruddy on bad skin days. I have moderately yellow-based light Asian skin (approximately NC25, Becca concealer in Tahini.) I have difficulty finding foundations that don't clog my pores and break me out.
This pressed powder foundation offers light to medium coverage which is definitely enough to cover my redness and the majority of my skin issues. The finish is demi-matte and very natural looking. I find that it doesn't look flat or powdery at all as long as I don't use too much around my nose and upper lip area. The coverage is fairly buildable and an extra swipe of powder will take care of redder areas on my skin.
I recommend using the least amount of moisturizer possible if you have very oily skin like me, because it greatly diminishes the staying power of the foundation. My skin is oily enough to skip moisturizer during the day (as long as I moisturize at night) and the lack of moisturizer underneath makes a huge difference in the longevity of this foundation. I can get away without touching up for about 7 hours as long as I don't over-moisturize.
I use the color Sand which is described as "light beige, neutral to yellow" on the Becca website. This shade has definite yellow undertones. The next shade lighter, Shell, is slightly lighter but significantly less yellow and more neutral.
This foundation hasn't exacerbated my acne and doesn't leave residue on my skin after I use a gentle cleanser. Overall I am very pleased!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by cmayes71

I had high hopes for this foundation but, for myself, I prefer Laura Geller balance and brighten. The Becca foundation felt dry on my skin. It did not provide a radiant finish like the balance and brighten does. For the record, I have tried many pressed mineral foundations. This one is not my favorite. It works for my 19 year old daughter, however.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by tanni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'd like to begin my review by commenting that this is not Becca's Boudoir Mineral Makeup Foundation that comes with 7g of product, this is Becca's Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation that comes with 9.5g of product. I don't know what the difference between them is, but they are two separate products.

Anyway, on with the review...

I've been wearing this foundation for about a week now, probably a little more. I initially purchased this as a convenient way to set and build up the coverage of my LSC; convenient because it was pressed. That's the main way I wear it, but I've also worn it alone as just mineral makeup, and I was impressed! I like applying it with my Hakuhodo G5557, but any dense flat top brush (or regular kabuki) should do the trick.

It gives about a medium coverage, with a natural, demi-matte finish. I prefer to set this with a Skindinavia setting spray (I like the bridal finish) to give it more of a satin finish and also help to prolong the wear of this powder, but this is not a necessary step.

Shade: I am about an NC35, wear SX08 in KA SSE, Becca Toast LSC, Becca Concealer in Macadamia, Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish foundation in Nude, and wear this mineral powder in the color Nude.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No