July 23, 2014 | 2011 users online

Palettes - Smashbox - Studio Pop Ultimate Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by tweezerhappy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sometimes you wonder if the quality of the palette is just as good as their regular stuff even though they are selling it for much cheaper. I think this palette is full of Smashbox goodies. I am a sucker for palettes, but sometimes regret buying them because they tend to not live up to the quality of the original. Smashbox usually doesn't disappoint in my eyes and this palette is evidence of that notion. I really like this palette which consists of 45 shadows, 9 cream liners, 1 bronzer, 2 soft lights (highlighting powders), 3 blushes, 6 lip glosses, and 2 brushes. Costs around $59 but I got it for less during the Friends & Family Smashbox discount. Probably the same size as an e-reader or tablet. The eye shadows are beautiful with an assortment of matte and shimmery shades. The shimmery shades have micro-glitter so they are not annoyingly full of obvious glitter. This could be really easy to transport and travel with since the packaging is compact. I only worry that since it is made or hard cardboard type material it may in the future tear or break at some point so I will leave it in the boxed sleeve it came in for protection. Otherwise, I feel that if it was made of something more durable it would most likely be too heavy to carry for travel. I've always had issues trying to figure out what to bring on a trip but this makes my life much easier and well worth the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by erinlahti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE this! As others have mentioned, the colors are extremely pigmented, fallout is minimal (some more than others), and the convenience of having blush, liner, shadow, and lips together is just amazing. I thought I would have a problem with the lip glosses drying out or getting blush/shadow on them, but 6 months later and they are still good as new :) I also love the layout of the colors; I found they are designed to work in vertical trios per look. Does that make sense? So in the first row, the first shadow is the highlight; in the second row, the first shadow is the base; in the third row, the first shadow is the definer. While I don't usually follow this, I do find myself trying new looks using this rule of thumb.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 5:21:00 AM More reviews by aleshoane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smashbox had a 25% discount on all their products during the Black Friday weekend, so of course I was hooked. From $59 to paying $48 for a pallette with 45 eyeshadows, 9 cream eyeliners, 6 cheek colors, and 6 lip glosses (including free shipping and tax)? Sold!

Compared to the Naked 1 or 2 pallette, that's an incredible bargain. Now that I've used this pallette for a month, I would definitely find it justifiable for the $59 price (plus shipping and tax). Other than a Benefit concealer, I didn't really use many high end products. Needless to say after using this pallette I've stopped using most if not all of my drugstore products, it's *that* good.

Eyeshadows: you have a good mix of matte and shimmery eyeshadows. Nothing in my opinion is too glittery. Fallout is minimal, but I still like using a tissue underneath my eye area. No hard feelings. It should be noted that there are lots of really nice brown and taupe colors, but you also get some nice purple, two blue, two green, and highlighting colors. Everything is very wearable. It's pigmented, smooth, and buttery; the colors I use don't crease. I even can use one of the shades as an eyebrow powder with an angled brush - it's that versatile.

Cream eyeliners: For those who love choices you will love the nine different eyeliners - you have the conventional black, brown, and dark navy, but you also have a taupe, grey, violet, golden, green and tan eyeliner. Product-wise I think it's a very soft/smooth, pigmented texture and good for smudging a bit. It's a nice addition but I prefer liquid eyeliners. However my personal fave is the navy blue eyeliner called Picasso. Gorgeous color.

Blushes: You have some nice blushes, highlighters, and a matte bronzer. I love them - gives my face a nice healthy glow and are just so pretty. I'm a light-medium to medium complexion and I think there's enough shades to suit any skin tones.

Lip glosses: I pretty much love all of the lip glosses. They don't have major staying power (like most lip glosses anyway) but it's not overly sticky or super shiny. They just give you a nice wash of color and make your lips look so pouty and kissable. Alternatively, the darkest red color (Pomergranate) can be built up to be a red lip if you have somewhat paler lips than mine (which are pinky and pigmented).

The two brushes that they included are kind of negligible in my opinion. I use the lip brush as an eyeliner brush sometimes but the other one is not really good and feels scratchy on my eyes.

There are also a few "get the look" cards. I'm more of an spontaneous, experimental person when it comes to makeup, so I don't use those, but I'm sure they could be very helpful to others who don't know where to start.

Packaging: it's compact and convenient with a mirror inside. I don't really like that there's a plastic sheet seperating the shadows from the other half that contains lipglosses, blushes, and eyeliners (the lipglosses tend to stick to the sheet) but it's not a huge loss as you get so much product to compensate for it. Closed together there's a magnet that keeps it shut, which is nice.

The flaws in my opinion outweigh the benefits. You get bang for your buck, versatility, and wearable shades in all product categories (and a few bold colors thrown in for a more daring day). All you'd need is foundation, maybe some concealer, mascara and you're set for a full face of makeup.

Unfortunately, this product seems to have been sold out, so I would recommend looking out for it on eBay. This pallette is perfect for people who are getting started into trying higher end makeup (or want to try some of Smashbox's color products). Regardless, I don't think any makeup junkie would regret buying this. I certainly haven't!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by gimmeglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe no one has reviewed this product yet. It is absolutely fabulous! For $59 you get 45 eyeshadows, 6 blushes, 6 lip glosses, 9 cream eyeliners and 2 brushes. All in a perfectly sized compact palette. The eyeshadows all are wonderfully pigmented, I usually only use UD or MAC eyeshadows, but these are just amazing. Very blendable and a great color selection. I especially like the champagne eyeshadow (first in palette), it works as a great brow highlight and is perfect for the inner corners of your eyes, as the site suggests. The stand out of the blushes, is definitely Petunia and I love both the Lens and Prism Softlights. Both are perfect highlighters for me. The best lip gloss of the set is Gumdrop, it just perfects my whole look and is so glowy and pretty. The only thing I am not so amazed with are the cream liners. Pigmentation and color pay off, is not so great. But, other than that this palette is amazing! I definitely recommend this and almost want to repurchase another one as a back up.