April 16, 2014 | 1904 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain - Pink Resistance 183

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Great product. This shade is not the best on me of the three I bought, but it's probably one that would be very universally FINE. It's a lightish, peachy pink shade - almost a little too warm on me, but I'm very cool. Pretty for spring/summer. I love the texture of these glossy stains - they go on like a thick gloss, and at least a hint of the pigment and shine/moisturized look lasts for hours. With lighter colours, it's less obvious (this is the least obvious of the shades I have) but they really do the job.

Sometimes my lips feel a little sensitive after using these for days in a row - I recommend having lip balm on hand for as soon as you're done being on display.:)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by kimt99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the line itself. I also have coral tattoo and that it a beautiful color. I accidentally grabbed pink resistance At the store and I realized when I got home that it's realllly sheer and the color barely shows up on my lips, it just looks like a clear gloss on me. I would recommend the darker shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by fasab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't sure what to think about this product. It has it's pros & cons. I'll start with the pros.

1. The packaging is really pretty. I really think it's great for a drugstore product. The gold reminds me of YSL lipsticks, and I love how the product itself is the color code by the base. It makes finding the right one easier (instead of looking at a bunch of stickers with names).

2. The way it feels once applied. It's not sticky or tacky, it doesn't create a bunch of lipgloss strings, it doesn't gather in the corner of your lips and it blends nicely.

3. Doesn't dry out your lips and has some staying power. I get chapped lips and lipgloss rarely helps any. This lipgloss feels moisturizing, though doesn't have moisturizing benefits I found.

As for the Cons...

1. It smells funny. No 'scent' is added it seems like, just a slightly chemical scent.

2. The applicator is both a pro and a con. It's short, kind of cumbersome. I do like the flat applicator though. Maybe just needs some getting used to?

3. The color payoff isn't as nice as you expect. It's pretty sheer, not really true to color I don't think. I thought it would be a bit more opaque and true to it's color. It's more of a sheer 'balm' look once applied. More coral than pink.

Overall, it's okay. I like the way the packaging looks as well as the feel of it on my lips. This will end up being a grab & go lip color rather than a lip shade intended to make any impact (which I was hoping for). I probably won't grab for it often, as I have a bunch of 'balm' type lip glosses with the exact same color payoff, though the feel of this on the lips beats most.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by mikxoh

Wah! The hype...the disappointment....okay well as you can tell I wasn't swept off my feet with this product. I picked this color for obvious reasons since it's such a safe color! I heard much praise about this sucker and how comparable it is to the YSL glossy stains.

I personally haven't tried the YSL glossy stains because they're damn expensive and I'm in no shortage of lip products. Of course the YSL lip gloss looked inviting the price was just terribly off-putting. I heard from many these were the EXACT same lip product as the higher end item.

Gah...this color turned into a weird coral on me, very inaccurate of the color on the tube itself. It goes on smooth but dries to a very tacky finish. Maybe I'll try other colors in the range but for now, I'll be returning this guy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm completely changing my review because I was way too hasty when I first reviewed this. The color morphed to a red/orange on me the first time and looked awful. This morning I tried it again and it went on closer to the tube. I say closer because it still does not look like the color in the tube but instead of being red/orange it now looks like a shade of pinkish coral which is quite nice. I also find that with a thin layer the color/shine stays on pretty well and it does leave a faint pretty stain when the color is gone. I got compliments on it today. I also love that it is not sticky at all. No hair getting stuck in it or color on my teeth! I'm not giving it a 5 because I do wish it had a little more pigment and that the colors were more true to what they are indicated to be in real life (its dumb luck that I happen to like pink corals cause I thought I was getting a soft simple pink). I also think the tube is way too small (its designed to make you think its bigger than it is). That said, I didn't have to reapply often throughout the day the way I would a normal gloss and its unlike anything else I have come across in a drugstore so I plan to repurchase. I would like to purchase other shades but am somewhat nervous as I have no idea what their "true" colors will be.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by lizakaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After searching for these all over creation, I finally found them on a special display at Walgreens. These do not go on like a regular gloss, they go on very light, and dry to a slightly sticky residue feel. Initially, Pink Resistance has literally no color. As it dries, it does stain to soft MLBB pink. This will actually be a great "car gloss" to keep in the glove compartment and slick on before the gym or in an emergency. I won't buy again, because with a gloss I like more shine and with a lippie I like more coverage. I have not tried the YSL version, so I cannot make a comparison.

Edit: these are growing on me. Important to remember that these are not a classic gloss in the classic sense like a lip glass or juicy tube. It has more of a dewy sheen than a reflective gloss. I also like that the stain stage of this product doesn't bleed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I never bought a YSL glossy stain so I have nothing to compare this to, but the color is what I caught my eye because I love soft, warm pinks.

The packaging confuses me because the doe-tip applicator is a wide, leaf-shaped applicator with a hole in the middle. The hole is annoying because every time you flip it around to get the product stuck in the hole, it gets squished out the other side so you never really use a full brush of the product. Other than that, I didn't notice any streaking and was able to apply this gloss as I would any gloss.

The stain gave me a slight cooling sensation going on, but then my lips tingled and felt super dry and tight for a few minutes. Once the product dried, the weird sensation went away and settled into a "I just have normal lip gloss on my lips" sort of feeling. My lips didn't feel tacky even though they were noticeably glossy in the mirror!

The color of the stain is a chameleon. I thought it'd look like a warm pink at the very least, but it went on very sheer and dried a bit darker, so it looked like a coral on my lips. (The finish and color reminded me of Revlon Superlustrous Lipgloss in Coral Reef, strangely.) My lips are very rosy to begin with, so I think my natural lip color messed with it a bit. I don't mind the result since it looks like "my lips but glossier", but I'm taking off another lippie because \\the lighter shades in this line don't stain or wear true to what they look like in the package.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by TrainedDreamer

I initially was going to write an angry review on this product, as I hated it the first time I wore it. Luckily I waited a few days, & it's grown on me.

Pink Resistance is a light, warm pink in the tube. It somehow darkens on my lips & leaves a beautiful, somewhat natural looking, strawberry pink stain. I'm very pale yet this doesn't look over the top whatsoever.

I'm usually a harsh critic & was honestly surprised to read all the negative comments on this lip gloss. Unlike a lot of lip products, the L'Oreal Shine Caresse Lipgloss actually last a long time on me! The other night I applied this as a test, then went to sleep. 9 hours later....it was still 90% on my lips! & even better, my lips were soft as velvet.

I will repurchase. I do like YSL Glossy Stains & I think L'Oreal has done a great job duping them. Pink Resistance is a close dupe in color of YSL's #7.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Nerrisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found these glosses in a display at Target, and snatched up a couple immediately. I'd heard these were a dupe for YSL Glossy Stains (LOVE them and was thrilled to hear about a much cheaper dupe). Pink Resistance is the second lightest color, and in the tube looks like a light pinkish peach.

The color, once on my lips, deepens quite a bit. It actually reminds me quite a bit of YSL GS #7, but lighter and more sheer. It's a pretty color, nothing exciting, but flattering nonetheless.

I find the texture of these glosses to be just slightly different than YSL. It's a bit lighter and less gummy. It still feels pretty light after a couple coats, but it doesn't seem to set the same way YSL GS does. It's less glossy and lasts only a few hours on my lips (although it does stain). The stain lasts for 2 or 3 hours after the gloss disappears. The scent is pretty strong and way more perfume-y. It doesn't bother me all that much, but if you're sensitive to scents, it's pretty strong.

This particular shade makes my lips tingle just a bit, though the other shades I picked up don't do that. Definitely a cheaper alternative to a glossy stain, but I think I still prefer YSL's version.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No