October 24, 2014 | 1670 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bare Escentuals - BareMinerals luminous hydrating body cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by shanm923

I got this from qvc last month and I absolutely love it. I have very dry, itchy skin in the winter and this cream takes care of it in minutes. The consistency is almost silky and glides on without leaving a film like some creams/lotions do. It does have a hint of gold/sparkle but nothing noticeable unless you are carefully examining your skin. I completely disagree with another review that said the smell is "old ladyish". I am 25 years old and don't think it smells this way at all. The scent is very clean and light and doesn't linger long anyway. I can't find this product anywhere and hope they start selling it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by denese0628

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Surprisingly, I really like this body cream because it absorbs well and is very hydrating. My skin gets dry in the winter and this product makes it feel smooth. I personally don't notice a strong scent from the cream.

For reference, I am not a fan of the Bare Escentuals face skincare line. I've tried those products and they do not moisturize my skin at all. I hesitated to buy the body cream for this reason but I'm pleased that I did. I think $28 is a fairly reasonable price considering so many other brands are much more expensive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

This is currently sold out on QVC, but came in a 6 oz jar. The description is as follows:

Luminous Hydrating Body Cream is powered by bareMinerals(R) ActiveSoil Complex, luminous pearls, and a blend of sumptuous butters and oils such as shea butter, mango seed butter, and olive fruit oil. The rich formula soothes skin, resulting in soft, smooth, healthy-looking skin with a natural radiance.

QVC refused to post my review because I mentioned that I wasn't happy that they charged me $6.22 to send it to me and then $6.95 for me to return it. Here's what you should know:

1. It has a gold sheen to it that you really can't see on the skin, but it visible using a magnifiied mirror.
2. It has a disgusting, lavender scent, which my husband called "old ladyish."
3. It doesn't moisturize particularly well.
4. It is $28.

At this time of year, you can find lots of moisturizers that give the skin a lovely sparkly glow, will smell nice, and won't break the bank (try bath & body works or the body shop). I'm sure this will be back on QVC, and I just wanted to actually share my opinion, and not be censored because I am tired of paying QVC's high shipping charges for products that are inferior.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No